CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Regional —» Fraser Valley —» 'Wack Area Caching site to be closed/shutdown?
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Before Cell Phones.
Before Cell Phones.:  [?] . Dotted along remote stretches of hiway, there still is the occasional phone booth. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Regional —» Fraser Valley —» 'Wack Area Caching site to be closed/shutdown?
toplefttopfilltopright
'Wack Area Caching site to be closed/shutdown?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Fraser Valley

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DocMagoo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: 'Wack Area Caching site to be closed/shutdown? Reply with quote

I've done some thinking. Shocked

As a former director of the BCGA and as someone who has been a staunch supporter and charter member since its inception, I've always been interested in seeing a more broad-based representation from throughout the province. Unfortunately, this didn't come about while I was a director, but the current executive has made some attempts to do so. One of their current initiatives is to reopen the BCGA forums with regional-specific forums.

I would like to focus on the BCGA as "the" premier geocaching site for BC geocachers, and while I tread softly and gloomily, believe that perhaps it is time to close the Chilliwack Area Geocacher Forums.

I would welcome your feedback, from those who frequent those forums and a decision will have to be made. Please take the time to participate in the discussion on this if this is of impact to you (there's alot of history there, but it doesn't mean that we can't contribute to that here). Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Wack Area Caching site to be closed/shutdown? Reply with quote

As the Chilliwack Area Geocacher Forums don't include a website (and I don't visit it) I don't foresee any problem or much resistance to it being "moved" to the BCGA now that membership (forums access) is free.
The other regional forums however...
If its possible I'd suggest having one forum but it being viewable/usable on this and other websites.
DocMagoo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Wack Area Caching site to be closed/shutdown? Reply with quote

Thanks all for responding in the 'Wack Area Forums. Overwhelmingly, it would appear that there's value in the forums there and they will continue to run and be available to those who wish to post there. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Wack Area Caching site to be closed/shutdown? Reply with quote

Of course I failed to include peoples inherent disinclination to change. Razz
legacypac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: 'Wack Area Caching site to be closed/shutdown? Reply with quote

I however, can't keep up with so many forums. BCGA, Wack area, gc.com Just saying if you want to reach me, send me an email.
DocMagoo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: 'Wack Area Caching site to be closed/shutdown? Reply with quote

legacypac wrote:
I however, can't keep up with so many forums. BCGA, Wack area, gc.com Just saying if you want to reach me, send me an email.

Uh, you're dredging up an old topic that's over a year old. Bug has kindly offered to assist in maintaining the board there as several cachers mentioned it was a great way to keep informed of all Upper Fraser Valley things and didn't want it shutdown. No one needs to visit any of the BB's, but it's there if you want to check in every now and then.

Peace Out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Fraser Valley
Page 1 of 1