CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Cache not published yet?
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Kettle Valley Railway
Kettle Valley Railway:  [?] . The Myra Canyon section of the Kettle Valley Railway was built between 1912 and 1914. It was part of a "Coast to Kootenay" railway line that linked Midway, in British Columbia's Boundary District, with the Canadian Pacific Railway main line at Hope. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Cache not published yet?
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
Cache not published yet?
Have question about how to use your GPS, hide a cache or solve a problem, let the local experts try to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3ladybugz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Cache not published yet? Reply with quote

I placed a cache for the blitz 08 in my area (kelowna) and it has been 3 days + and it is not published yet? I went to the area that it said to go to if that happens but there was no link to report it? Any suggestions?
scruffster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache not published yet? Reply with quote

I believe they say they try to get most caches published within 48 hours. However, that is just a guide and not always the norm. The approvers are volunteers and do try to publish all caches quickly but they have a life too and sometimes they can get slightly behind.

I've had geocaches published within a few hours and other caches have taken as long as two weeks. It depends on many things. Puzzle caches take longer, on average, than traditional caches since there is much more for the approver to look through.

If you're worried about your cache. Go to your cache page and see if the approver posted a note. Also, click on "edit listing" and make sure that you've checked the box that says "Yes, this listing is active" Approvers will not see your cache until that box is checked. I've been told that approvers will also take more time with first time submissions since newbies tend to make more mistakes than people who have placed many geocaches.

We all get very excited when we submit a new cache and time seems to stand still until it's published. But the best suggestion I can give you is do your best to be patient. If all is well it will be published. If the approver has concerns with the cache placement he or she will contact you either through email or through the cache submission page.
3ladybugz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache not published yet? Reply with quote

This is a traditional cache and not our first, however it is only our second LOL
The "yes this listing is active" box is checked.
I guess I am more anxious with this one simply because there is no other blitz 08 caches published for this city yet and that seems odd. It doesn't leave a lot of time for finding the cahes and voting before the event.
The reason I asked is because it stated somewhere that if your cache is not published within 72 hours to report it, but I could not find a link to do so.
I understand they are busy and are volunteers, and I turley do appreciate the work they do! Very Happy
MrGigabyte

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache not published yet? Reply with quote

I would check with PayPal. Maybe your 10 dollar cache listing prepayment to mtn-man did not go through. Rookie mistake, we have all made it.

-MrG
3ladybugz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Cache not published yet? Reply with quote

Quote::
I would check with PayPal. Maybe your 10 dollar cache listing prepayment to mtn-man did not go through. Rookie mistake, we have all made it.

-MrG

It has now gone through, as of late last night.
$10.00 cache listing prepayment? First I have heard of that?? Nothing about any prepayment on my page. Not that it isn't probably a great idea though.
QuigleyJones

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Cache not published yet? Reply with quote

The blitz cache I just did was published within 4 hours. (me and mtn-man have an understanding) Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache not published yet? Reply with quote

It has now gone through, as of late last night.
$10.00 cache listing prepayment? First I have heard of that?? Nothing about any prepayment on my page. Not that it isn't probably a great idea though.[/quote]

They're just pulling your leg...there is no $10.00 prepayent fee..

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?
Page 1 of 1