CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» How to put the Blitz icon for voting on my page
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Sockeye Salmon
Sockeye Salmon:  [?] . Over fifteen million sockeye salmon return to the Adams River by Chase once every four years. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» How to put the Blitz icon for voting on my page
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
How to put the Blitz icon for voting on my page
Have question about how to use your GPS, hide a cache or solve a problem, let the local experts try to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
diamondmom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: How to put the Blitz icon for voting on my page Reply with quote

I just submitted some caches for the Blitz 08 and I tried to put in the info for the voting, but it hasn't shown up on my page. I am not sure what to do as I added it to the end of my blurb about the cache. I thought maybe it was because it hadn't been published yet, so I tried again just now. No luck. Where on the hide a cache form do I put it so it will show up? Thanks.
tjguy98

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: How to put the Blitz icon for voting on my page Reply with quote

Two things to check;

First, did you check the box when you were creating the cache page that said "The descriptions below are in HTML"?

Second, when you copied and paste the HTML code for the Vote box into the cache page, did you remember to go back and replace the text "YOUR_GC_ID_HERE" with the GC# of your cache page?

You have to create the page, then "submit" the page for it to be assigned a GC**** number, then go back in and add the GC number in the code.

Did this help?

diamondmom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: How to put the Blitz icon for voting on my page Reply with quote

Thanks. I managed to get the logo up. The location is still not in the correct place, but hopefully those checking will see it. I didn't have the html box clicked. That was the problem. I will make sure to do so for the others as I post them.
tjguy98

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: How to put the Blitz icon for voting on my page Reply with quote

I had to do a quick brush up on some simple HTML tags when I did my pages, you may need to do the same. Things like how to centre in the page and how to make a seperate paragraph.

To centre the page type <center> (note the U.S. spelling) at the start of your wording of HTML code or whatever, and type </center> at the end of the wording

To have a separate paragraph use the commands <p> and </p> at the start and end of where your paragraph to be.

If you need to know some more HTML commands (like bold, colours, start new paragraph, etc) do a Google search on HTML tags and look for the pages that state "Basic HTML Tags". That's how I found what I needed to know..

Have a look at my cache GC1B0FE and see how I used the bold, colour, break, paragraph, insert link and center HTML tags to make the page look like it does; all commands that were easy to find and employ to make the cache page look better.

Again, hope this helps

dloubert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: How to put the Blitz icon for voting on my page Reply with quote

I kinda did it the lazy way..... Wink
right click on the page of a cache that has the proper placing of the logo, select view source, scroll down till I find the code, highlight, copy , then paste in a new notepad. Change the location letters if different, save it, then when I need it I copy and paste to my page. I then adjust for the right GC# and voila finished! Too easy for a lazy guy like me Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?
Page 1 of 1