CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» New Photo Contest
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Rocky Mountaineer
Rocky Mountaineer:  [?] . The Rocky Mountaineer heading north along Howe Sound. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» New Photo Contest
toplefttopfilltopright
New Photo Contest
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scruffster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: New Photo Contest Reply with quote

Another Photo Contest is under way. Will you be the person that snaps enough photographs to win 100 dollars?

I posted a few sample photographs in the photo gallery. Any questions about the contest can be answered here. I will also be posting a a tally to show everyone where the contestants rank.

Good luck.
theshiningstars

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: New Photo Contest Reply with quote

I was wondering about multiple pictures of a single item. Is there a maximum? I could probably find quite a few more quonset huts in my area.......!
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: New Photo Contest Reply with quote

We will accept only one photograph submission from a contestant for each item on the list. You may post as many photos as you like but you will only get points for the first one. No points will be awarded for additional photographs/examples of the same category. So if you already have C3, there is no need to post another C3.

This is to curb contestants from taking the easy route. Some things are much easier to find than others. I hope everyone understands.
theshiningstars

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: New Photo Contest Reply with quote

Thanks! That makes sense.
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: New Photo Contest Reply with quote

**note** Some photographs have been disqualified for various reasons. There is a comment on all the disqualified photos. If you have any questions or wish to appeal the ruling please feel free to contact Scruffster.

Last edited by scruffster on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
theshiningstars

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: New Photo Contest Reply with quote

How about 40 cents in Canadian Tire money? Wink
scruffster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: New Photo Contest Reply with quote

Hollyburn managed to sneak in quite a few photos in the last 24 hours bringing her the lead spot by only five points. I will be checking all photos once again to make sure the calculations are correct and the double postings were not accidently tabulated.

Thank you to all participants. This was a fun contest. Winners will be contacted shortly.

1) Hollyburn -------- Photos 35 = 105 points / Sprint bonus = 36 / Total = 141
2) TheShiningStars - Photos 37 = 111 points / Sprint bonus = 25 / Total = 136
3) Marmi_and_Tas - Photos 29 = 87 points / Sprint bonus = 8 / Total = 95
4) Disneygirl -------- Photos 24 = 72 points / Sprint bonus = 16 / Total = 88
5) QuigleyJones ---- Photos 19 = 57 points / Sprint bonus = 6 / Total = 63
6) Loungelions ------ Photos 17 = 51 points / Sprint bonus = 8 / Total = 59
7) Jojo88 ----------- Photos 3 = 9 points / Sprint bonus = 4 / Total = 13
hollyburn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: New Photo Contest Reply with quote

I had a really fun time with this photo contest. I drove everyone crazy trying to get shots. My apologies to several wedding parties at QE Park. Special thanks to the man in the restaurant that nicely moved so I could get the PacMan shot, the nice person who just happened to have $40 of Canadian Tire money and QJ for finding me the $2 bill. I'm convinced that firemen don't wash trucks in Vancouver or cable / phone employees don't climb poles. I went weeks into this contest thinking police don't pull over cars. I had so much problem finding a whoopie cushion but finally found one near the end of the contest across the street from the first place I looked. Just lucked in to finding an ouija board last Saturday after almost giving up. Twister rocks! Thanks BCGA.
theshiningstars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: New Photo Contest Reply with quote

We really enjoyed it as well Very Happy .I hope there will be another photo contest in the future. Thanks!
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: New Photo Contest Reply with quote

The contestants have picked their prizes.

First Prize winner Hollyburn will receive the 100 dollar grand prize.
Second Place winner Theshiningstars will receive an Ammo Can geocache with swag.
Third Place winner Marmi & Tas will receive a BCGA 2008 Geocoin set.

Once again, thank you to all the contestants. Hopefully we may be able to squeeze in another contest this autumn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1