CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Parks Canada Geocaching Program
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Roadside Attractions
Roadside Attractions:  [?] . Stone Head in Nanamio [M | C]  Mile Zero in Dawson Creek [M | C]  Jerry the Moose in Clearwater [M | C]  Salmon in Sandspit [M | C]  Big Penny in Salmo [M | C]  Mr. PG in Prince George [M | C]  Gold Pan in Quesnel [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Parks Canada Geocaching Program
toplefttopfilltopright
Parks Canada Geocaching Program
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
couloir

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Parks Canada Geocaching Program Reply with quote

Before I send in a full story on this, I will just highlight what is going on. I have been working with Mount Revelstoke and Glacier National Park on a geocaching program within the two parks. After many months of discussions, we will be moving ahead this summer. Parks staff have worked out trails and areas where they want to see geocaches. We have worked out the roles of each party involved and it will be some work, but these caches will feature natural history, historical events, points of interest, and educational opportunities, as well as bringing visitors just for the fun of geocaching. We have recruited some regional geocachers to help out and BCGA has appointed a rep to the committee so we are all working together on this. We will provide updates as the plan and implementation progresses. We hope to have the first geocaches in place this summer (the snow hangs in there until about July 1st).
Magicman65

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Parks Canada Geocaching Program Reply with quote

Very cool Couloir!!! Good luck on your mission. I have an earth cache in Glacier National Park. It was a lot of red tape and paperwork to get it approved there. Nice to see parks working with geocachers.
Here is my cache:
www.geocaching.com/see...3b29ab9dd6

Chris
Magicman65
magicman65.blogspot.ca/

couloir

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Parks Canada Geocaching Program Reply with quote

Parks Canada has now approved a series of ecology-based geocaches in Revelstoke National Park. Tech Nic and I spent the day with Parks staff to talk about placement, format, etc. The first round of caches will be placed on the lower half of the mountain within the next month. There will be 4 phases of geocache placements in Revelstoke and Glacier National Parks. This will likely take two years since access to many of the trails is limited to a short season. Thompson Rivers Geocaching Club will support this project, a ground-breaking one in Canada.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1