CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Announcements —» Policies —» Amendment to BC Parks Policy
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
K'san
K'san:  [?] . K'san, located on the site of the ancient village, celebrates the culture of the Gitanmaax Nation. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Announcements —» Policies —» Amendment to BC Parks Policy
toplefttopfilltopright
Amendment to BC Parks Policy
Please note that BC Parks and Parks Canada have additional guidelines/restrictions for hiding geocaches. Check here to make sure your geocache meets all requirements BEFORE you place it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Policies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
katcogo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Amendment to BC Parks Policy Reply with quote

We are pleased to announce that BC Parks has amended their guidelines, specifically the "3 year rule". Here is the new approved guideline that will be part of the amended policy (link to follow)

Cache Lifespan

Caches placed in protected areas must not be considered “permanent” by the cache owner. Caches must be removed once the cache is no longer being actively sought and must be checked (physically visited with log entry on online log page by cache owner) at a minimum of every three years to ensure the containers and content are in good condition and the area around the cache has not been negatively impacted.

I would like to thank Philatsea for his work on this in support of the Gold Country program which would be negatively impacted by having to move or remove their caches every 3 years.
Philatsea

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Amendment to BC Parks Policy Reply with quote

www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcpa...y_2013.pdf
katcogo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Amendment to BC Parks Policy Reply with quote

The link is now updated on our Policies and Guidelines under the Geocaching tab.
Philatsea

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Amendment to BC Parks Policy Reply with quote

I would like to Thank Kathy for allowing me to deal with this at times on my own.
There was a time that I was asked to take a call for BC Parks but didn't have time to brief Kathy on this prior to the call.
The call ended up being the framework for the new policy.

I can say I learned a lot in all this and made many calls to others to find out their thoughts in all this. This policy is by far the BEST policy for a Provincial Park in Canada. From what I learned about Alberta it can take months to get a cache approved there and one needs to get a permit and pay a fee in Saskatchewan.
BC Parks did not want to get involved with this at all. I say Thank you to BC Parks for this.

This policy has NO "Grandfather" clause and thus ALL caches must adhere to this update. It had been discussed that all caches should comply by September 30th 2013 but that was not written into the policy.

People please don't post an archive notice just because it is beyond the 3 years. Lets work together on this.

Thank You,

Phil

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Policies
Page 1 of 1