CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Regional —» Thompson / Okanagan —» Merritt Geocachers Group
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Mountain Goat
Mountain Goat:  [?] . The mountain goat lives in rocky mountainous areas above the timberline throughout parts of North America. British Columbia's population is by far the largest at approximately 100,000. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Regional —» Thompson / Okanagan —» Merritt Geocachers Group
toplefttopfilltopright
Merritt Geocachers Group

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Thompson / Okanagan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ylord

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Merritt Geocachers Group Reply with quote

This Forum is for the Merritt Geocaching Group... we met first on 12-12-12 and there was so much interest in doing more together that we needed a way to communicate.

all topics of discussion about caching are open, but please do not post spoilers! Jester

Last edited by ylord on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
ylord

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Merritt Geocachers Group Reply with quote

GOld Country is planning a Poker Run this summer... And is looking for volunteers to hide caches as well as volunteers to help at the Merritt (and other) events. contact geotours @ telus.net for more info!

Sounds like a lot of fun! Treasure Treasure
ylord

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Merritt Geocachers Group Reply with quote

Just in case you do Facebook, I have also set up a page for the Nicola Valley Geocaching Group... It is an open group and I will add anyone who requests it... I thought it might be fun for adding photos.., I don't know if this forum can handle photos!
Dumbo09

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Merritt Geocachers Group Reply with quote

Hey, I'm here. Yvonne, thanks for setting this up. It should work well. I'm doing a puzzle cache today with my grandkids. It's the only one that is close enough that I haven't done. Hopefully I have the coordinates right. I was able to get up to Lundbom to get Who Was LT? for an FTF. It is actually quite accessible in the winter.

Dumbo09 - Jeff
ylord

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Merritt Geocachers Group Reply with quote

Just in case you do Facebook, I have also set up a page for the Nicola Valley Geocaching Group... It is an open group and I will add anyone who requests it... I thought it might be fun for adding photos.., I don't know if this forum can handle photos!
jaccar2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Merritt Geocachers Group Reply with quote

Jaccar2 is good to go. Looking forward to this Poker Run
event and hope that our new club can be of some help.
ylord

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: poker run Reply with quote

I sent this forum address to the Gold Country People, so hopefully, they will keep us up to date here!
GoldCountry PokerRun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Merritt Geocachers Group Reply with quote

Thanks YLord for the invite to this forum.
I must say, we didn't take advantage of the BCGA website as much as we could have during the launches of our second Phase of our program. It was always such a whirlwind that we just never had the time to sit down and navigate our way through this site!
I'm glad that we have even more reason to utilize these forums!
As you mentioned, we are planning our 1st Annual Gold Country Geocaching Poker Run. The event will include a 9 day tour throughout all of Gold Country, a minimum of 100 brand new caches, daily geocaching events, 24 Poker run stops, and $1000 to be won for the best poker hand.
So, we need help! We will need people who would like to volunteer to set up and maintain caches to be released at the event. We can provide volunteers with cache containers and materials, swag as well as our well loved FTF coins. We will also need help with set up, take down at each of the event locations through the 9 day tour... we are still in planning stages, but many of the event caches have been published, you can stay tuned for more info at the goldtrail.com website, also see link to stay in touch via e-newsletter. Please let us know if you are interested in Volunteering for this event. Also, could you post the link to the Merritt Facebook page? We would love to join!
Happy Caching! Terri Hadwin aka allthatglitters-gold
mole60

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Merritt Geocachers Group Reply with quote

Dumbo09 wrote:
Hey, I'm here. Yvonne, thanks for setting this up. It should work well. I'm doing a puzzle cache today with my grandkids. It's the only one that is close enough that I haven't done. Hopefully I have the coordinates right. I was able to get up to Lundbom to get Who Was LT? for an FTF. It is actually quite accessible in the winter.

Dumbo09 - Jeff

Just checking, Dumbo09, the LT cache is not hampered/covered by snow? If so, may go snowshoeing out there in a few weeks to try for the cache.
cartguy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Merritt Geocachers Group Reply with quote

Facebook is the way to go I belong to a few facebook geocaching pages hardly ever come here any more. Just my 2 cents.
ylord

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Merritt Geocachers Group Reply with quote

Good News... the City of Merritt is onboard with helping out the Claybanks Cleanup CITO on April ! This could lead to an ongoing partnership.... I sure hope everyone can come out to the event and help to make it a success!
ylord

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Merritt Geocachers Group Reply with quote

Dnt forget the Claybanks Cleanup CITO on Sunday april 21... earn a souvenir, enter draws for door prizes. and help the local environment as well! Meet at 11 am at the parking lot between Central school and the riv. Kids and dogs welcome. We also have prozes from Cachingcontainers.com an Abbottsford areĆ  provider of some very cool cache containers!

Bring a lunch and good caching tales, coins and pictures!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Thompson / Okanagan
Page 1 of 1