CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Grizzly Cubs
Grizzly Cubs:  [?] . Grizzy Bear Cubs [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers
toplefttopfilltopright
BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

Hello all,

The next game of bingo is up and running...you can find information about the rules for this game

www.bcgeocaching.com/i...ws&aid=568

And you can draw your BINGO card shortly at

www.bcgeocaching.com/i...name=Bingo

If there are any questions or you need clarification, please post here...Enjoy and most of all have fun!!

agassiz_angel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

I think my card is broken Laughing I have only one green box Nut LOL

A cache a day keeps the rocking chair away Smile
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

Hi Agassiz_angel,

I checked your card and it is working normally. Your luck will turn soon enough. It could be worse, I know there is at least one card with no green squares to date.

agassiz_angel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

of all the squares to be green and it is one that i don't need to complete the puzzle LOL

Because I am new to GEO BINGO... if i complete a square that is not in the design will i still be able to call bingo? Lets say I got a full card... Rolling Eyes like that would happen Laughing but suppose it did, would i still be able to call bingo or does it have to be the set pattern and nothing else?

PS my card is still broken I only have one square that is green ROFLMAO lol

Afternoonshift

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

Fonty Family wrote:
Hi Agassiz_angel,

I checked your card and it is working normally. Your luck will turn soon enough. It could be worse, I know there is at least one card with no green squares to date.

That would be us! 19 draws and not a square yet. Soon, though!
agassiz_angel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

I only have one more than you Afternoonshift lol They should have a prize for last place lol No, two prizes! one for me and one for you LOL

Fonty Family

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

agassiz_angel wrote:
of all the squares to be green and it is one that i don't need to complete the puzzle LOL

Because I am new to GEO BINGO... if i complete a square that is not in the design will i still be able to call bingo? Lets say I got a full card... Rolling Eyes like that would happen Laughing but suppose it did, would i still be able to call bingo or does it have to be the set pattern and nothing else?

PS my card is still broken I only have one square that is green ROFLMAO lol

Hi there,
You can complete the extra squares if you so desire but it will be no benefit to you on the bingo game.

agassiz_angel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

Quote::

Hi there,
You can complete the extra squares if you so desire but it will be no benefit to you on the bingo game.

But it would make me feel like I am in the game LOL Is anyone close to winning yet??

Fonty Family

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

agassiz_angel wrote:
Quote::

Hi there,

But it would make me feel like I am in the game LOL Is anyone close to winning yet??

There is NO ONE close to winning, to have a square revealed your task must be drawn out of 140 possibilities. I checked 20 cards and they are all working normally (one of which was yours). The average number of tasks revealed on those cards are 2-3. The low was 1 and the high was 5 (on those cards). There are over 120 players so it is possible someone has no tasks revealed or more then 5).

It is still very early in the game, start panicking if we are at 75 draws and you only have one task revealed. Wink

Happy caching...

katcogo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

OK, I'm just playing along for fun - too bad because my card looks great right now Smile

I would like a clarification - one of my squares says to find a cache by someone who has been caching since 20XX. Can they have been caching BEFORE that year or do they need to have started that year?

Thanks O Great Bingo Boss!
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

katcogo wrote:
OK, I'm just playing along for fun - too bad because my card looks great right now Smile

I would like a clarification - one of my squares says to find a cache by someone who has been caching since 20XX. Can they have been caching BEFORE that year or do they need to have started that year?

Thanks O Great Bingo Boss!

Lol - they have to have start on or before that year not after...o fearless leader Jester

agassiz_angel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

I GOT A TASK lol and it is in a square i need LOL now to find the right cacher/cache to complete it Smile

scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

I like this game. Too bad my card is off to a slow start. I just don't want to fill a square only to find that down the road I'll need that cacher for something a bit harder.
katcogo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

You can fill a square with one cach(er) then you can move that cacher around if necessary. Saving the info does not cast it in stone. My problem is finding cache(rs) just before drawing that square!
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

Yes, but I believe that the cache must be found after the BINGO square has been revealed. So, I can't just swap caches around. I'd have to find another cache by that cache owner. Oh my, oh me. How complicated it all is for my wittle bwain.
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
Yes, but I believe that the cache must be found after the BINGO square has been revealed. So, I can't just swap caches around. I'd have to find another cache by that cache owner. Oh my, oh me. How complicated it all is for my wittle bwain.

That is correct the cache must be found after the square is revealed

Fonty Family

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

XXXXXXX wrote:
On the guidelines page it says:

Note: Tasks can only appear once but multiple tasks maybe completed with a single cacher. If this occurs you must complete the each individual task using a DIFFERENT cacher (ie. No double dipping). So for example, if you use one of Katcogo’s hides for a task square, you will not be able to use Katcogo or any of her other hides for another task.

Lets say I found a cache by a cacher one day and complete a task. Then what happens if I found another cache by the same cacher for a different task?

Hello all,

Just received an email asking for clarification, so I thought I better post here also...You cannot use the same cacher more then once. So if you complete 25 tasks, it must be done using 25 different cachers. (see bolded part for an example)

Happy hunting.

Mumsy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

A little slow here...I seem to have missed some information...clarification please: when we daub a square, do we use the GC number of the cache plus the name of the cache or plus the name of the cacher? Nut
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

Mumsy wrote:
A little slow here...I seem to have missed some information...clarification please: when we daub a square, do we use the GC number of the cache plus the name of the cache or plus the name of the cacher? Nut

Hi Mumsy,
All you have to do is put the full gccode (ie gc3hfjf) in the appropriate note location
Happy hunting

Highlander 71

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

The latest square to be revealed on my card needs a bit of clarification, please. My task is to "Find a cache hidden by someone [who] has been a member since 2005", but it doesn't specify what organization they must belong to. Is it the BCGA? Geocaching.com? The Hair Club for Men??? Coonskin Hat
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

Highlander 71 wrote:
The latest square to be revealed on my card needs a bit of clarification, please. My task is to "Find a cache hidden by someone [who] has been a member since 2005", but it doesn't specify what organization they must belong to. Is it the BCGA? Geocaching.com? The Hair Club for Men??? Coonskin Hat

Hi highlander71,
Let's go with geocaching.com...but hair club for men sounds like an interesting option. Lol

katcogo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

Yes, I am still playing along for fun. . . Question, does "finding a cache" extend to "attending an event"? As in can I use a cacher for bingo if I attended an event they are hosting?

Thanks
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

sure, finding a cache can extend to any of the potential cache types including events...

911turbos

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

Find a cache hidden by someone that has found 1 letterbox hybrid

Does this mean only 1 or at least 1?
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

911turbos wrote:
Find a cache hidden by someone that has found 1 letterbox hybrid

Does this mean only 1 or at least 1?

Hi 911turbos,

that is a hard task, as the hider can have only 1 letterbox hybrid find (at the time BINGO card is checked). There are other tasks that explicitly state "at least"

happy hunting.

PS sorry about late response...

911turbos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

By checked, do you mean when we mark the card as we wouldn't know if they found a letterbox after we had used them on the card.
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

"by checked" I mean, when I verify the card after you call BINGO. So, yes you will need to check your card to verify that you still meet the criteria of some of the tasks...you will be able to do this by revisiting the cacher profile.

happy hunting...

Crossing_A_Canyon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

5 days and nothing new added onto my card Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad . I only have 7 left to go! Hopefully will get a new challenge revealed soon. Thanks so much for the game!
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

I hear a rumor that a BINGO will be called soon... Magnify

Crossing_A_Canyon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

Very Happy Only 1 more to go! Come on centre square!
loungelions

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

Is the centre square a free square (as is usual in Bingo) or is it going to be a challenge square? If it is a free square, I think I can call Bingo!
Crossing_A_Canyon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

loungelions wrote:
Is the centre square a free square (as is usual in Bingo) or is it going to be a challenge square? If it is a free square, I think I can call Bingo!

Me Too! Jester
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

Sorry about the "tardy" response, apparently I got unsubscribed to this forum...The center square involves a task and is not a "free" square

hollyburn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

Is the game still working?
911turbos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

I have been sitting at 4 squares to be revealed for a week now. I agree with Hollyburn, is it still working?
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

thanks for the heads up hollyburn, it looks like an automatic draw was missed today at 4am. the next draw is due at 4pm, if it does not occur I will manually do one at that time and contact Henry. It appears that this affected everyone, so no one got an unfair advantage.

Other then this one hiccup the game has been running normally up to this point.

911turbos - I checked your card and it is still playing normally (other then the one missed draw that I mentioned above).

Stay tuned for more info if draw does not happen at 4pm

Fonty Family

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

Just checked and the 4pm draw occurred normally...

I will be doing a bonus draw at 8pm tonight to make up for the lost draw this morning.

Fonty Family

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: BINGO game #14 - Get to know your local cachers Reply with quote

As promised the "replacement" draw has been completed.

Remember before you call BINGO, you should check that you still comply with the task requirements.

Also, make certain you have only used a given cacher ONCE on your card.

Have fun everyone...

manymutts

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: BINGO Reply with quote

We went out this am to grab the last one that we needed.
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: BINGO Reply with quote

Moving to discussion forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion
Page 1 of 2