CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» What's in your Caching bag?
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Predator Ridge
Predator Ridge:  [?] . Breathtaking views near Vernon. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» What's in your Caching bag?
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
What's in your Caching bag?
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marmi_and_tas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: What's in your Caching bag? Reply with quote

It's always interesting to find out what cachers carry with them on the hunt. What do you consider to be the essentials in CP(Caching Preparedness)?

And, what's the most popular brand of Caching bag?
On a trip to the Island I bought a Blue Orca reversible(right handed/left handed) Sling Pack that's been just great!
blueorcagear.com/
Highlander 71

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: What's in your Caching bag? Reply with quote

When I'm on a serious caching trek and in full cache-maintenance mode I wear a fishing vest. You know, the kind with a hundred different little pockets! Jester

Let me go through the pockets for you: assorted sizes of baggies, silica gel packets, CITO kits (film canisters with plastic bags inside), a pad of RITR paper, assorted sizes of pre-printed log paper and geocache notes, a couple of pens, a few small pencils (liberated from IKEA or Lee Valley Shifty ), assorted swag, muggle cards,

- I told you there were lots of pockets!!! - Nut

...geocaching mirror, magnet-on-a-stick, compass, whistle (in case I get separated from my team), tweezers, spare batteries, handy wipes, bug net, first aid kit, and even a few micro/nano containers (complete with cache logs).

I try not to wear the vest when caching in the city since I look like a total d*rk, but I find when I wear it out in the woods, muggles think I'm either a park ranger or on a survey crew so they don't pay much attention.

BTW I'm still looking for a bandolier-style strap that would hold 35mm film containers. I think that would look so cool!
Qwackers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What's in your Caching bag? Reply with quote

I love my caching kit! It's in an insulated backpack/lunch box that I picked up for $10 a couple of years ago. It has reasonably rigid sides so everything stays square and clean.

In the inner compartment, I have a variety of baggies, geocaching labels, laminated geocaching cards, various sizes of logsheets (printed on my office color copier....thanks to teckblazer.com), logbooks, muggle cards, and a few geocaching pamphlets for curious muggles. Covering this I keep a clear plastic report cover cut to fit so I can see what I have without it getting messy. I also carry a small first aid kit with bug bite wipes, antiseptic wipes, Advil, bandaids etc and three packets of liquid honey for quick energy. In a plastic container inside I keep a variety of small swag, three spare cache containers, nano, micro and small, zipknife, pencils (Lee Valley:-) , pencil sharpener, Crazy Glue, Camo Tape, Electrician Tape.

In the inner front flap I have a pair of regular tweezers, a pair of surgical tweezers (they have a very long shaft with pivot tweezers on the end), a dollar store pair of reading glasses in a hard case, Wet Wipes and folded paper towels.

In the large outer flap I keep writing paper, gloves, any larger swag items.
In the small outer flap I keep any TB's that I'm moving.

Hanging off the outside by a caribiner I have a pouch with my Swiss Army knife/whistle and a plastic container full of doggie pickup bags used for CITO. The lunchkit has a mesh pouch for a water bottle.

Luckily I have a very able cachng partner, jRJ that is quite willing to carry this load for me. Must be my winning ways...lol. In the trunk of my car I have a Stanley toolbox with compartments that has refills of everything that I carry plus the very large swag. Yeah, I know....I'm crazy;-)
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: What's in your Caching bag? Reply with quote

I have 2 caching bags that I use.
A regular backpack, and a CamelBak. My favorite is the CamelBak mainly because it holds 3 liters of refreshing H2O. In the other pockets I carry a few bike tools, camera, multitool, rain poncho, emergency blanket, pens, my favorite bike gloves(when bike caching), coins/TB's, and a jacket.

The other bag has much of the same, plus extra containers, a pencil case full of ready to go logbooks in bags, a few toys, a whistle, compass, and hand sanitizer.

I don't like carrying around a big bag, so I prefer the CamelBak. It also has chest straps which are very handy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: What's in your Caching bag? Reply with quote

I use the Maxpedition Jumbo Kiss bag - small, shoulder slung hip bag with lots of pockets including one for a water bottle.

www.worldcaching.com/m...ag-p-1205/

I carry My GPSr, a L'N'L "Repairs" kit with extra log books, ziplocks, tape, pencils and some tools - magnet on a stick, a mirror, a log rolling tool and tweezers.

Another small L'N'L holds tradeable items like pins, Geocaching marbles, and a few unactivated TB Dog Tags.

I also carry a 200 Lumen flashlight, assorted travel bugs, a small first aid kit (If theres no blood, its not caching!) and a Canucks playoff towel for those wet cache wipedowns. I also find room for my log stamp, a few pens, and the Canadian Flag pins I leave in most caches I log.

Oh ya, and a water bottle if I am out for the day!
marmi_and_tas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: What's in your Caching bag? Reply with quote

Wow.....Caching Preparedness par excellence!! Those are the Cachers we want to meet along the trail...maybe do a fun video!
We carry almost everything mentioned. The Mechanic's Helper is a wonderful tool for those hard to reach magnetics.
Small towels are easy to carry and then wash. KnL_Caching's classy Canucks towel got quite a work out on one outing.
Water and snacks take up the most weight in my pack. Trail mix, chocolate, Panda Licorice, chocolate(even melted and reformed is still good), Fruit gummies, etc.

Not so long ago I was told about Dock weed, which usually grows near Stinging Nettle. Crush up the Dock leaves and rub all over the Nettle stings. It really works to ease the skin! What I know as Milk Thistle is also good as a small wound disinfectant. Even though we carry the usual first aid stuff, Nature also lends a helping hand. Hopefully we won't need any owie fixes at the Island Spirit Mega this weekend.

Safe caching all!
Raygar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: What's in your Caching bag? Reply with quote

In my backpack I carry the usual, snacks, water, camera, and a sharp knife etc.
I have a caching bag that goes in the backpack on most trips.It has a bag of baggies of all sizes, a bag of desi packs up to bean bag size, a bag of log books paper pens & pencils. Tweezers, small swag, my letterboxing stamp, emerg whistle, flashlight tweezers and a small pepper spray can.And the most important thing, toilet paper.Makes a great wet cache and swag cleaner upper lol.

All that stuff in the caching bag was found scrounged and free except the TP and maybe some log books from the dollar store
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1