CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» 2012 Blitz Bingo
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Ghost Towns
Ghost Towns:  [?] . Hedely [M | C]  Anyox [M | C]  Bradian [M | C]  Butedale [M | C]  Sandon [M | C]  Cody [M | C]  Kitsault [M | C]  Moyie [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» 2012 Blitz Bingo
toplefttopfilltopright
2012 Blitz Bingo

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

Hello all,

BINGO is back...you can find information about the rules for this game

www.bcgeocaching.com/i...ws&aid=565

And you can draw your BINGO card shortly at

www.bcgeocaching.com/i...name=Bingo

If there are any questions or you need clarification, please post here...Enjoy and have fun!!

deanar_cache

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: I don't see the draws Reply with quote

Hi

I am new to this and not sure how it is all suppose to work.

When I look at my bingo card, I do not see any squares bordered in green yet there are 7 draws to date. How do I see the draws?

I am using Chrome in case it is a browser issue.
TethysC

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

I'm new to this but it looks like fun. Another reason to get out of the office and find a few extra caches.

I am going to find a cache with a number in the hider name.
On the cache page, the real hider has used a pretend name but their real caching name does have a number in it.
This is good for the filling the square - right?
Here is the cache - GC2MCVH
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

Welcome to the game...Yes, that cache is fine as the actual hider is "Highlander 71".

Now all you have to do is find the cache - Have fun!!

Fonty Family

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: I don't see the draws Reply with quote

Hi Deanar_cache,

Welcome to the game. You have correctly drawn a card, and your tasks are ready. Now, you just need to be lucky and have a task drawn that is on your card. I have checked your card and none of the tasks drawn correspond to your card yet.

The BCGA system automatically makes the 2 draws of 2 tasks every 24 hours, so you just need to be patient, there are no additional steps you have to perform other then check your card daily and complete tasks when shown.

I will check your card after the next draw again to see if a task on your card gets drawn.

Good luck

May 17 0 4:40pm edit - just checked your card and you got a task revealed - Have fun...

Prickly Thorn

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

Thank you Adrian. I am also new to this Bingo Blitz and I also do not have any squares outlined in green but 9 draws have been made. I thought maybe I had to do something more to activate it. I will be patient.
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

No problem, Prickly Thorn I checked your card also and the card is fine. The tasks drawn to date have not been on your card...it will happen for you Smile

Some additional information - there are 28 separate tasks possible which can be placed on 25 squares. So, this game will likely take a while. I may consider increasing the number of draws in the future, if we need to speed things up...

Mudrock1

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

I'm new to this as well. I'm looking for some clarification of what we're meant to do. Are we looking for caches that we've done in the past and filling our card with them, or do the caches have to be newly done - for example, one of the things to complete on my card is cache published on July 15th. I have already done a cache like this - but it has now been disabled so I can't go out to it again ... can I use it?

Do I sound confused??? Well I am!!!!

Thanks!
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

Hi Mudrock1,
All tasks must be completed after the square is revealed. So you will need to find a differing cache the was published on June 15th.

Highlander 71

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

Copy & paste from the News Article Forum:

Anyone else out there notice the 2012 Blitz Bingo prize list offers 2012 Geocoins as prizes? Smack I wasn't aware they had been released yet... Jester
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

Copy and paste my response the news article forum...

Yes that is a typo, it should read 2011 coins, the news forum is correct since the initial posting but the BINGO main page is incorrect. CB will correct it when he has time, as I do not have access to that part of webpage...but for clarification purposes, the prize for filling your card is 3-2011 coins.

I was waiting to see if someone would notice the error. Wink

Qwackers

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Duplicates Reply with quote

Hi Adrian....

I have just gotten a duplicate task on my bingo card. (Find BC Parks 100 cache) Is that some kind of glitch or is it correct? I thought that there were no duplicates.

Qwackers (Cathy)
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

Hi Cathy

There will be some tasks that can appear more than once. If this occurs you must complete the each individual task using a different cache (ie. No double dipping).

I merged your thread with the Bingo discussion thread, as there are more people watching this thread...

Happy hunting!!

TethysC

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

I thought I had posted a question a few days ago but looks like it didn't get through from my iPad.Trying again.
Can we use only BC caches for this Bingo Blitz?
Thanks.
Qwackers

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

:::There will be some tasks that can appear more than once. If this occurs you must complete the each individual task using a different cache (ie. No double dipping). :::

Thanks for your quick response! I managed to pick up the duplicate tonight.

Qwackers
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

TethysC wrote:
I thought I had posted a question a few days ago but looks like it didn't get through from my iPad.Trying again.
Can we use only BC caches for this Bingo Blitz?
Thanks.

Hi TethysC,

Your original post and the related response can be found...

www.bcgeocaching.com/i...=2518#2518

Have fun in Alberta...

TethysC

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

Thanks very much. Time to pull out the geo-bingo-dauber.
Qwackers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

TethysC wrote:

On the cache page, the real hider has used a pretend name but their real caching name does have a number in it.

***Answer was yes***

What if it is the other way around and the fake name on the cache page has a number but the hider's real name doesn't? (eg: Gc2WGFK)
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

Qwackers wrote:
TethysC wrote:

***Answer was yes***

What if it is the other way around and the fake name on the cache page has a number but the hider's real name doesn't? (eg: Gc2WGFK)

Great question - that would not qualify.

Qwackers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

Fonty Family wrote:
Qwackers wrote:
TethysC wrote:

***Answer was yes***

Great question - that would not qualify.

Glad I checked Wink
sktqch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Regular and Large Reply with quote

We need to fill in green squares - one for a large size cache and one for a regular...is there a difference?
SKTQCH
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Regular and Large Reply with quote

Yes, there is a difference:
A large cache will show this on the cache page

and a Regular cache will have this as an icon
Happy Caching!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Regular and Large Reply with quote

Thank you Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat for answering for me

I am going to merge this thread with the main Bingo discussion thread

sktqch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

Duh...thanks for the answer that we should have known (only 5 large to date on our list). Thanks again and thanks for moving the post to the right forum. New to forums. SKTQCH
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

I was looking at member cards today and there is quite the competition happening...

...and to add to the intrigue (but more because I was playing in the admin site) I did a bonus draw to everyone's card about a minute ago.

Enjoy!!

bomabound

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

Question: for squares that require a 2012 Blitz cache to be found, do they have to be found after the date the square was drawn? I ask because in the BC Parks Bingo, Parks caches were an exception to the rule because it would be possible to have found all of them before the square was uncovered. Similarly, some areas have very few Blitz caches. Thanks!
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

Hi Bomabound,

Great question, I had to really think about this. You are correct there are a few regions that have a disparity between the number of Blitz caches placed (I confirmed with Blitz administrator). This would mean that some finders may have to travel up to 100km or more to stay competitive with the BINGO game. That being said the hiding period has not ended, so the pool of potential Blitz hides will likely expand in coming weeks...

But, in interest of fairness for all regions, if you receive tasks which states "Find a 2012 blitz cache", you may backlog UP to 4 of those tasks only.

Happy hunting!!

bomabound

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

Great, thanks!
sdkonkle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

Fonty Family wrote:
But, in interest of fairness for all regions, if you receive tasks which states "Find a 2012 blitz cache", you may backlog UP to 4 of those tasks only.

This statement had me worried that I was soon going to lose my chance to win the T card, so I ran out after work today to find two Blitz caches. That was close, I think! Life Preserver
sole seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: hiking attributes Reply with quote

For the purpose of this contest, what attributes are considered the 'hiking attributes'?
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: hiking attributes Reply with quote

Hi Sole seeker,

A picture is worth a thousand words in this case literally... Very Happy

I am going to merge this thread with the main bingo discussion thread as more people watch that one.

sole seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: hiking attributes Reply with quote

Fonty Family wrote:
Hi Sole seeker,

I am going to merge this thread with the main bingo discussion thread as more people watch that one.

OK, then the Bingo Box that says "Find a cache with any of three hike attributes" doesn't mean having 3 hiking attributes, but 1 of THE three hiking attributes. Is that correct?
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: hiking attributes Reply with quote

sole seeker wrote:
Fonty Family wrote:
Hi Sole seeker,

OK, then the Bingo Box that says "Find a cache with any of three hike attributes" doesn't mean having 3 hiking attributes, but 1 of THE three hiking attributes. Is that correct?

Yes, your understanding is correct.

sole seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

Great! Thanks for the clarification. That makes it much easier now to get that box! Very Happy
icdgirl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

bomabound wrote:
Question: for squares that require a 2012 Blitz cache to be found, do they have to be found after the date the square was drawn? I ask because in the BC Parks Bingo, Parks caches were an exception to the rule because it would be possible to have found all of them before the square was uncovered. Similarly, some areas have very few Blitz caches. Thanks!
For the current Bingo what are the rules with the BC Parks caches? Since some people may have already found all BC Parks caches within a large radius and there are no longer any more being placed, those cachers are pretty well automatically eliminated.
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

sole seeker wrote:
Great! Thanks for the clarification. That makes it much easier now to get that box! Very Happy

No problem, I am glad I was able to clarify. Good luck the rest of the way!!

Fonty Family

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

icdgirl wrote:
bomabound wrote:
For the current Bingo what are the rules with the BC Parks caches? Since some people may have already found all BC Parks caches within a large radius and there are no longer any more being placed, those cachers are pretty well automatically eliminated.

Wow, another tough question for your rookie bingo dictator. I thought about this on the car ride to work and standard rules apply in this case, you need to find that cache type after it is drawn. We had several different games to call bingo on which would have offset this precise issue. Since, the only game that is now available is the fill the card game, it will naturally be harder to complete.

Your probably asking yourself what would be the difference between these caches and Blitz caches. I know I would! Smile Well, in some regions there have been less than 5 Blitz caches placed while in other regions there are over 20 Blitz caches placed. This would give an unfair advantage to some regions. In addition, the find a Blitz cache task can appear up to 6/8 times on your card. While the BC Parks caches are spread across the province and the find a BC Parks 100 cache task can appear only approx. 2/3 times on your card. (I had to use ranges as I do not remember the precise number of times I listed those tasks and I do not have access to my home computer at this time). These caches are therefore more similar to normal caches where you may have found all those caches in an area and now must travel a bit to find an appropriate cache.

Hopefully, you can find a couple not too far from your location...

The-A-Team

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

Fonty Family wrote:
Well, in some regions there have been less than 5 Blitz caches placed while in other regions there are over 20 Blitz caches placed.
Yep, I'm in one of those Blitz-poor areas. Of the grand total of 5 Blitz caches on the south island, 2 of them are mine, 2 of them would require some tough hiking in the Sooke Hills, plus one other that I've already found. To find others, I'd either have to get off the island, or drive 100 km up the island. It's sad that there's been such a poor turn-out down here this year. I guess it's a by-product of our heavy saturation. It kind of makes it hard to fill the card when you have 4 "Find a 2012 Blitz cache" spaces and there aren't 4 to be found within a reasonable distance. Maybe the possible number of spaces for limited-availability tasks like this should be reduced for future games?

On the plus side, I'm pretty sure I have a lock on the best cache award for the south island! Mr. Green
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

Hi The-A-Team,

Historically, the south island is not a "blitz poor" area and it was unfortunate that there were not more BLITZ caches hidden in the area. I am told that the lack of hides is unusual for the area, and could be a product of saturation (as you mentioned) or could be due to other factors (perhaps a focus on island spirit instead or maybe Blitz burn out).

But given the game itself was called "BLITZ bingo" and the intention to have it directly related to the Blitz itself, it was intentional designed to have multiple tasks related to the BLITZ caches. Future BINGO games will not have a BLITZ theme so it would be unlikely to have a similar focus. Unless your BINGO administrator decides to be evil and have a game where all tasks are "find a Blitz cache"....hmmm...you gave me an idea. Jester

What is the GC code for your Blitz cache? I am coming to the island for the mega and may detour south on my way back to the interior...I would like to find the cache that is a "lock" for best cache.

Fonty Family

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: 2012 Blitz Bingo Reply with quote

Congratulations to all the winners of Blitz '12 BINGO!! It was fun administering my first BINGO game.

To the players that did not win a prize, do not worry the next BINGO game will be announced shortly...I have several ideas to keep you occupied...watch for the announcements.

If you found some Blitz caches, please remember to place your votes for those caches.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion
Page 1 of 2