CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Disabled Caches
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Agassiz Tulips
Agassiz Tulips:  [?] . Every spring the tulip fields of Agassiz and Bradner explode with colour. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Disabled Caches
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
Disabled Caches
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gearhedd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Disabled Caches Reply with quote

The start of this year has been mostly fixing my own caches. First I disable the cache and then try to get time to go and fix the problem. Wet log, lid missing, log full, cache missing...and so. When you disable a cache or post an needs archived. The reviewer then knows there is a problem and gives you enough time for sure.

My question or statement is.... I know there are caches that the owner has stop caching or doesnt do maintence on their caches... but they dont disable and no one posts needs archived and these caches stay in place, with no time line to fix. But as a cache owner that does do maintence disables his cache..... nows is on a time line to fix.

I have changed my views on posting needs archived or the lesser needs maintence and will, as owners our caches should be maintained. As cachers we can help.....or at least be careful with the lids and gaskets.

peace out
marmi_and_tas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: Disabled Caches Reply with quote

Thanks gearhedd...your cache care is appreciated!

There's another option for getting unmaintained caches Archived, contact the Reviewer. If Wizard of Ooze receives enough alerts about a troubled cache or a missing CO, action is usually taken quickly.

We've had a few new cachers 'crying Wolf' by posting 'Needs Maintenance' logs when they should have posted a DNF or stating the log was too wet to write on when they haven't even opened the cache. Most annoying these false alarms!
When we see a few DNFs posted, we first check to see how many finds those cachers have made. If more experienced Cachers then post a DNF, we check on the cache as soon as possible.

Perhaps new Cachers would benefit from a BCGA Newsletter article on how to log caches and what the terms 'Needs Maintenance or Needs Archiving' actually mean.

Maintaining a cache is an important part of being a Geocacher and we try and do our part. False alarms on a cache don't help at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1