CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» British Columbia Hot Spots
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Haida Gwaii
Haida Gwaii:  [?] . The first nations name for the Queen Charlotte Islands and the homelands of the Haida people. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» British Columbia Hot Spots
toplefttopfilltopright
British Columbia Hot Spots
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scruffster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: British Columbia Hot Spots Reply with quote

There has been a lot of good feedback on this particular thread. It shows some hotspots for the Vancouver area.

Hotspots Vancouver

I'd like to see people around British Columbia post the hotspots around their citys and towns. It'd be a nice resource when we travel around the province and especially helpful for tourists.
vanislelady

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: British Columbia Hot Spots Reply with quote

Campbell River, Vancouver Island

I will try to post up the information on the Snowden Demonstration forest and the Beaverlodge Lands...Both excellent walking & biking trails, dog friendly and lots of caches

Snowden

Beaverlodge & CR

Anyone can contact me for trailmaps and information and sometimes even a tour!!
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: British Columbia Hot Spots Reply with quote

I did Beaverlodge in August and I really enjoyed it. I spent a whole day there and still could have come back for another.

Great suggestion!
plumbrokeacres

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: British Columbia Hot Spots Reply with quote

This is the Route 66 Prince George North Caching trail that starts at the Blue cedars Campground and follows the Greenway trail towards the Ottway Ski hill.
You can Walk, Bike, Ski or go horse back.
it consists of the 66 Route 66 caches and 12 other caches that also exist on the trail.
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: British Columbia Hot Spots Reply with quote

Ooooh, these are great. It'd be cool to draw up an interactive map of British Columbia where people can zoom in and get a glimpse of the hotspots recommended by people in the community.
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: British Columbia Hot Spots Reply with quote

There are also the VLH series, the TCT series as well as 40 caches along the KVR near Tulameen (great bike ride).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: British Columbia Hot Spots Reply with quote

In the Cranbrook area there is the North Star Trail Series, there are 109 caches along a paved rail trail between Cranbrook and Kimberley. The trail is designated multi-use and non-motorized with easy access at various spots along the trail.
grafinator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: British Columbia Hot Spots Reply with quote

I had the pleasure to do a few of the North Star Trail series with Baja Betty when I was in Cranbrook for work, I wish I had time to do more of them, it is a great trail.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: British Columbia Hot Spots Reply with quote

I forgot Minnekahada Park in the original map. That's a really beautiful area to go caching -- especially in the Autumn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1