CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» So you think it's a good idea?
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Coin Sales  
Pyramid Falls
Pyramid Falls:  [?] . During the heyday of rail travel, Canadian Pacific trains always slowed at Pyramid Falls to give tourists a photo oppurtunity. For this reason, Pyramid Falls beat out Niagra as the most photographed waterfall in Canada. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» So you think it's a good idea?
toplefttopfilltopright
So you think it's a good idea?
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scruffster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: So you think it's a good idea? Reply with quote

I came across this list of caches that should be required reading for people out there who think railroad tracks, schools, bridges, & playgrounds are ideal places for a geocache.

BAD CACHE PLACEMENTS

The consequences are rather severe for some cache owners. I'm surprised that a judge even took away a CO's driver's license for placing a cache by railroad tracks. Very interesting.
vanislelady

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: So you think it's a good idea? Reply with quote

Please remember that the guidelines are there for a reason..... Smile
katcogo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: So you think it's a good idea? Reply with quote

Perhaps the most amazing thing about the list is that there are some that are STILL ACTIVE!
The_Pollywog

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: So you think it's a good idea? Reply with quote

Wow, they really like calling the bomb squad in the states.
MrGigabyte

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: So you think it's a good idea? Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
I came across this list of caches that should be required reading for people out there who think railroad tracks, schools, bridges, & playgrounds are ideal places for a geocache.

This post would have more impact if it was posted by one of our local reviewers. I am surprised they did not post this very important link.
savant9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: So you think it's a good idea? Reply with quote

Gee after reading through all of those;

Now I don't know what to do with that cache that is a pipe with 2 end caps screwed onto it that was going to be placed under that train bridge at the school that is marked no trespassing. Actually there is this really good spot right behind the court house......

Some of those are definite candidates for the Darwin awards.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: So you think it's a good idea? Reply with quote

Statistically speaking, it almost looks like parking lot caches are the worst. **teehee** I'll remember that. And I'll definitely not tap an officer on the shoulder and say, "oh, it's only a geocache. I just found it" It seems finders caught in the act can get into just as much trouble as the cache owner.

Although most of the caches on the list are from the USA, there are a few Canadian geocaches in there too.
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: So you think it's a good idea? Reply with quote

There are so many other things I'd think before I would yell "BOMB!!" I think people must constantly live in fear in that country/part of the world.

Thanks for the link, Scruffster. This is important information for our local reviewers to be aware of. Be sure to send the link to them also. Beanie
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: So you think it's a good idea? Reply with quote

There are Canadian caches in there too. In the first three pages I saw four from Ontario and one from Quebec. Bomb squads called in for some of those too.
hollyburn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: So you think it's a good idea? Reply with quote

Scary stuff. Maybe someone could do a list of Canadian ones.
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: So you think it's a good idea? Reply with quote

And where were many of those caches? In parking lots. Smack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: So you think it's a good idea? Reply with quote

I particularly liked the one where the CO knowingly placed it on private property against the expressed wishes of the property owner and then started a forum thread to announce it to the world.

One bad apple etc.
scruffster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: So you think it's a good idea? Reply with quote

Well, if this thread keeps one person from hiding a cache on railroad tracks or a school yard I've done my duty. **wink**
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1