CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Announcing – the return of G E O B I N G O!
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Urban wildlife in B.C.
Urban wildlife in B.C.:  [?] . Wildlife big and small, urban and remote abound throughout B.C., even Skunks! [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Announcing – the return of G E O B I N G O!
toplefttopfilltopright
Announcing – the return of G E O B I N G O!

Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FindDee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: Announcing – the return of G E O B I N G O! Reply with quote

Newbie here -- is there an FAQ section so I don't ask stupid questions like what is a B11-Blitz cache (I seem to have them marked as done but don't know what it was I did?!) Also, my entries seem automatically entered as highlighted greens. Yes?

Is there something I need to do other than continue to enter my caches on geocaching.com? (Yes, I'll pay more attention to attributes). Also, I take it that I can shuffle the card every few hours or so to try to get a cross shape? This sounds like another completely addicting activity to do with Geocaching.

Sigh Party Hat
32fordroadster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Announcing – the return of G E O B I N G O! Reply with quote

Thanks!!
katcogo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Announcing – the return of G E O B I N G O! Reply with quote

FindDee - please see message sent via email to clarify the rules as your card has a few problems. Once the card is set you can not change the order of the squares (unfortunately). The green hilighted squares are the ones that have been drawn. The ? squares are the ones you are still waiting to be drawn.

You don't need to do anything other than log your finds on Geocaching.com and entering them on your Bingo card.

Yep, its hard but that's the way we like to play!

You have a great card so keep on playing!
katcogo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Announcing – the return of G E O B I N G O! Reply with quote

We would like to offer some points of clarification of some of the Bingo tasks on request.

Any task that relates to "BC Park(s)" must be completed in a BC Park operated by the British Columbia Ministry of the Environment and classified as a Provincial Park. BC Parks 100 caches may be located outside BC Parks as noted above but the cache name must be prefaced with "BC Parks 100" in order to qualify (some are located in BCFS Recreation Sites).

A general rule of thumb is that you should take the most generally accepted interpretation of the task (as understood by 99.99% of the population). The Bingo task boxes are far too small to include lengthy explanations as above.

Keep on caching and happy dabbing!
katcogo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Announcing – the return of G E O B I N G O! Reply with quote

Today's Update

Just checking everyone's card. The vast majority of players need between 6 and 8 more squares to be drawn (before my latest random draw). There are a small handful of players who need less than 6. The worst card (at the moment) still needs 11 squares to be drawn.

Keep up to date with your tasks, and look for extra random draws - maybe even a couple of rainy day draws.

Good luck!
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Announcing – the return of G E O B I N G O! Reply with quote

katcogo wrote:
Today's Update

Just checking everyone's card. The vast majority of players need between 6 and 8 more squares to be drawn (before my latest random draw). There are a small handful of players who need less than 6. The worst card (at the moment) still needs 11 squares to be drawn.

Keep up to date with your tasks, and look for extra random draws - maybe even a couple of rainy day draws.

Good luck!

Can you tell how lucky I am? Smack

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Announcing – the return of G E O B I N G O! Reply with quote

I certainly felt your pain when I saw that card. Odds are that you will suddenly get 10 straight draws - all for tasks that the nearest cache is 50km away - about the same time school starts.

We may need to run a game where all tasks are located within the Nanaimo city limits Wink
FindDee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Announcing – the return of G E O B I N G O! Reply with quote

Any one else need a B11 geo buddy - I don't know any other 'cachers' (yet!).

Those B11's are hard even for us Vancouver people's - empathy to everyone else as well.
katcogo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Announcing – the return of G E O B I N G O! Reply with quote

OK - time to ramp this one up - I've just done 4 random draws. We are adding additional draws. Maybe we will have some winners this weekend!

I don't think there is any card with all needed squares drawn - yet.

Good luck & happy hunting!
katcogo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Announcing – the return of G E O B I N G O! Reply with quote

Tonight's Update

Bad news and good news! There are several cards that have FINALLY got all the draws needed for a bingo. The good news is that in every case there are still many tasks that these people need to complete before they call Bingo! Some have not marked any tasks complete. 45% of the remaining players still need one more square to be revealed. So - still anyone's game. Keep those tasks coming!

Remember, once a Bingo is called, keep playing as there will be 5 winners in this game.

Off to do another random draw . . .
scruffster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Announcing – the return of G E O B I N G O! Reply with quote

The turbos got the first prize? They get out too much. **snarfle** I took a look at "A BC Park I've never been to before" and, well, that was enough for me. I'd have to travel a great distance. Too far. Tooo tooo far. **sob**
katcogo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Announcing – the return of G E O B I N G O! Reply with quote

Just for you Scruffster (well actually not) I have just thrown in a Wildcard that can be used in place of any square under a separate thread. You still have a wee bit of work before you can call Bingo!
katcogo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Announcing – the return of G E O B I N G O! Reply with quote

Here We Go!

I just drew all the remaining spots under the I. What does that mean? Every player now has all the draws needed to win the game. There are 2 winning spots left.

Winners will be taken in the order their Bingo is called in that forum reserved for that. If, on checking, there is a task that has not been completed correctly that player will lose their place in line and will need to call Bingo again.

Players may wish to double check their tasks to make sure they have them correct.

GOOD LUCK!
katcogo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Announcing – the return of G E O B I N G O! Reply with quote

All 5 winning spots have been claimed. Thanks everyone for playing. Hope to see you again soon in Bingo. Need the okey dokey from the executive for another game (I've got a really good one in mind).

Congratulations to our Blitz/BC Parks Bingo winners:

1. 911 Turbos
2. bomabound
3. Highlander 71
4. Adroit Seeker
5. FindDee

It is nice that 4 of the 5 winners have never played GeoBingo before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion
Page 2 of 2