CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Real hockey fans
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Haida Gwaii
Haida Gwaii:  [?] . The first nations name for the Queen Charlotte Islands and the homelands of the Haida people. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Real hockey fans
toplefttopfilltopright
Real hockey fans
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
coast2coast2coast

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Real hockey fans Reply with quote

Hello

Not sure where to post this so here goes... A cacher from hope is trying to plan a BC wide flash mob showing everyone what real hockey fans are like... I am trying to spread the word across BC and knowing that a lot of BC cachers are Hockey fans, many will like to participate.

Here is what she posted on the Mid Island Geocachers FB page
Hi All I would like to plan a flash mob across BC .. I know how everyone was completely insulted that those people who did all all the damage would be the ones to represent BC as canuck fans... I know thats not us.. lets flash mob as REAL canuck fans and show our pride across the province! come dressed in our garb.. celebrating who ...we ARE and not who we arent.. bring donations to the local food bank? CITO for sure! let them know thats what we are really like!
is there a way to get all the other caching groups on board? send out a HELLS YA! I know u guys know wayyy more people then i do... lets get it goin!
and if you dont know me add me.. Bbybrd! from Hope and let me know wht you come up with CACHE ON!

If you want to join and plan a flash mob in your area we have a FB page setup here "This is how real Hockey fans celebrate"
Magicman65

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Real hockey fans Reply with quote

A few things my good friend Tom(C2C2C) forgot to mention, These events(flash mobs) will take place on July 1st. There is already events going to be posted in Prince George, Courtenay, Victoria, and Hope. Landsharkz out of Victoria is in the process of having silicon bracelets made in the Canucks colors that will say 'PROUD CANUCK FAN'
For anymore info go to this page: www.facebook.com/home....78838&ap=1
And either Tom or I will keep this post updated.
Here is an example of an itinerary for the FM:
•10 AM A whistle blows … Everyone throws on their jersey gathers around and sings O Canada.
•10:03 A whistle blows…Everyone breaks into 2 teams and a hockey game breaks out
•10:08 whistle blows… Eveyone shakes hands or hugs, fill out log sheets and put them in the bucket draw for FTF. Take picture
•10:15 Whistle blows… Pick up all the gear take off jerseys and mingle back in crowd

Let's show people how real Fans act and show our team support for the hard work they did to make it as far as they did!!!

Last edited by Magicman65 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Real hockey fans Reply with quote

One of these should be organized in Princeton for the Confuzzled Rush! Party Hat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Real hockey fans Reply with quote

Made a mistake in my last post about the events, there is NOT one yet in Campbell River. If you want to host one of these events please let us now, either on the Facebook page or on here that you will be hosting one, so we don't double up. Although the Vancouver area should have several.
Thanx, Chris

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1