CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» BCGA 2010 coin: A $10 trackable or a priceless memory!!!
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Lotusland Lotus
Lotusland Lotus:  [?] . Butchart Gardens [M | C]  Minter Gardens [M | C]  Sun Yat-Sun [M | C]  VanDusen [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» BCGA 2010 coin: A $10 trackable or a priceless memory!!!
toplefttopfilltopright
BCGA 2010 coin: A $10 trackable or a priceless memory!!!
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magicman65

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: BCGA 2010 coin: A $10 trackable or a priceless memory!!! Reply with quote

Upon planning our trip to Panama, we contacted a local cacher about 3 weeks before, to see if he would be interested in joining us in doing some caches since we were unfamiliar with the area. Thought it may be nice to meet cachers from another country. He and two other cachers(Panamapilot, PunishERD, and DarkLadyWizard) drove 2hrs in the early morning to the Resort we were staying at, to pick us up at 6AM.
We cached all day long til 6PM with them. They treated us with open arms and we had a great time learning about their country. If you are ever planning a trip somewhere, you should think of doing the same. We now have some amazing friends in an awesome country, and look forward to returning there, or have them visit us here. I gave them each a new geocoin as a thank you for all they had done.This is a link to the coin I gave PanamaPilot:
www.geocaching.com/tra...5dcbac0e06
Just thought I would share!!!! Two Cents

Last edited by Magicman65 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
savant9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 coin: A $10 trackable or a priceless memory!!! Reply with quote

Thats awesome, and a great idea! Congrats to you two as well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 coin: A $10 trackable or a priceless memory!!! Reply with quote

We traded coins with Saskatchewan cachers back in 2009 when we went there - it's a very nice touch.
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 coin: A $10 trackable or a priceless memory!!! Reply with quote

I've traded with German cacher Spuchtfink too. It is a lovely trade.
Magicman65

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2010 coin: A $10 trackable or a priceless memory!!! Reply with quote

It's also really cool to meet other cachers while you are traveling to other areas! It made it way easier to navigate the country, and created a lasting friendship. We are certain that next time we travel anywhere we will do our best to contact local cachers and make even more global friends!
I would be excited if a cacher from abroad contacted me. I would do everything possible to make them feel welcome, and would enjoy caching with someone new. Very Happy

Magicman65

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1