CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» A strange email I received...
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Nelson B.C.
Nelson B.C.:  [?] . A town where time has seemingly stood still. Turn-of-the-century ambiance lingers in every corner. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» A strange email I received...
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
A strange email I received...
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chilcotinsam

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: A strange email I received... Reply with quote

I received by email a strange request through geocaching.com
To say the least I am not going to respond to it. I don't think this is ethical. Has anyone else received anything like this?

"Would you like to trade 81 of your caches with 82 of my caches (including FTF and 2 archives) and discover tropical Malaysia through them? No fix rule in logging. Generally, read the listing and see attached photo and log accordingly. At the end of logging say TFTC, TFTH, or thank you for bringing me here or something like that. The most important thing is to learn as much as you can from the listing and discover the place and claim a find. Therefore, logging with only TFTC is not acceptable. Maybe, back date your logging. Do you agree to trade caches and discover each other country through our caches? Robin (Dark Energy)

Perhaps I should look up their profile but I was a little hesitant to do that.
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: A strange email I received... Reply with quote

Sounds a bit fishy, maybe let GS know about this email.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: A strange email I received... Reply with quote

Absolutely. I'd guarantee you are not the only person contacted for this purpose.
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: A strange email I received... Reply with quote

Well, they're doing nothing illegal but definitely going against the spirit of the game. I'm really glad smilies and souvenirs aren't that important to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1