CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Movie/TV Location Caches?
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Herons
Herons:  [?] . Herons are a common sight along British Columbia's waterways. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Movie/TV Location Caches?
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
Movie/TV Location Caches?
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DisneyGirl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Movie/TV Location Caches? Reply with quote

I was just contacted by an American caching family who are planning a trip to the Greater Vancouver area and they were wondering if I knew of any other movie/TV location caches in the area (besides mine - GC19H7P). Before I start doing a lot of searching I thought I'd put it out there to the BC caching community. Can you help me with some suggestions?

Thanks so much!
savant9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Movie/TV Location Caches? Reply with quote

There is also this one in our area, DG. coord.info/GC2M8H3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Movie/TV Location Caches? Reply with quote

savant9 wrote:
There is also this one in our area, DG. coord.info/GC2M8H3

Of course I should have thought of that one first! (probably didn't because I haven't attempted it yet...lol) Thanks savant9! Adding it to my list.
The_Pollywog

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Movie/TV Location Caches? Reply with quote

Check Hope. They filmed First Blood there.
911turbos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Movie/TV Location Caches? Reply with quote

Here are a couple:

Alien vs. Predator 2
John Tucker must die
DisneyGirl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Movie/TV Location Caches? Reply with quote

The_Pollywog wrote:

Great suggestion! Thanks! Do you happen to know which bridge they used in the film? (the one Sylvester Stallone walks across)... I thought that maybe there is a cache close to that bridge.
DisneyGirl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Movie/TV Location Caches? Reply with quote

911turbos wrote:
Here are a couple:

Alien vs. Predator 2
John Tucker must die

Thanks!
Both of those sound like fun... so many caches, so little time...
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Movie/TV Location Caches? Reply with quote

hmm... a good freind of mine owns the house where they filmed lots of smallville / marmaduke and lots of other stuff. I wonder if he'll let me put a cache out front...

Jester
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Movie/TV Location Caches? Reply with quote

Check with seek&gohide, she is an avid Twilight Fan and if not having caches dedicated to some locations, certainly she could point you caches very close to Twilight sets throughout the Coquitlam/Port Moody area.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Movie/TV Location Caches? Reply with quote

There are many film locations to choose from. Find any cache at Simon Fraser University, park the car in the visitors lot. The gardens in the Academic Quadrangle have been used for the X Files, Star Gate, My Life Without Me, Agent Cody Banks, The Day the Earth Stood still and several other Sci Fi films.

Down by the Duck Pond GC2RGKW -- by Playland. Final Destination 3. They can even ride the roller coaster that breaks apart in the movie if Playland is open.

Bluesky -- Downtown Runaround -- GC21AM3. Robson Square -- by the Art Gallery used in the first scenes of Scooby Doo 2. The Marine Building on the corner of Hastings and Burrard was also used in Scooby Doo 2 and doubles for the Daily Planet in Smallville.

Also, Scooby Doo 2 used the Britania Beach Mining Museum so if the family is planning a trip up the Sea to Sky Highway a stop at Britania Beach will be recommended. A little museum showcases all the movies and TV shows filmed at Britania Beach complete with autographed photos of cast members. If the Mining Museum is open they can see exactly where the films were made. Nearby cache -- Copper Beach GCMWHH

If they remember the TV show MacGyver, the boat house where McGyver lived is still docked on the north side of Granville Island. Closest cache -- False Creek 2 -- GC2FF6

Not far from MacGyver's boathouse there is a virtual cache GC32AE. It is located beside the dock where Greenpeace first set sail. OK, that would be a documentary. **teehee** But still a film.

There are far too many film locations to post here but here is a list of film locations around Vancouver. It shouldn't be hard to map out some nearby caches...

FILM LOCATIONS
DisneyGirl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Movie/TV Location Caches? Reply with quote

_canadianbacon_ wrote:
Check with seek&gohide, she is an avid Twilight Fan and if not having caches dedicated to some locations, certainly she could point you caches very close to Twilight sets throughout the Coquitlam/Port Moody area.

Thanks! I've got two of her caches on the list already and I think I'll maybe send her a message.
DisneyGirl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Movie/TV Location Caches? Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
There are many film locations to choose from. Find any cache at Simon Fraser University, park the car in the visitors lot. The gardens in the Academic Quadrangle have been used for the X Files, Star Gate, My Life Without Me, Agent Cody Banks, The Day the Earth Stood still and several other Sci Fi films.

Down by the Duck Pond GC2RGKW -- by Playland. Final Destination 3. They can even ride the roller coaster that breaks apart in the movie if Playland is open.

Bluesky -- Downtown Runaround -- GC21AM3. Robson Square -- by the Art Gallery used in the first scenes of Scooby Doo 2. The Marine Building on the corner of Hastings and Burrard was also used in Scooby Doo 2 and doubles for the Daily Planet in Smallville.

Also, Scooby Doo 2 used the Britania Beach Mining Museum so if the family is planning a trip up the Sea to Sky Highway a stop at Britania Beach will be recommended. A little museum showcases all the movies and TV shows filmed at Britania Beach complete with autographed photos of cast members. If the Mining Museum is open they can see exactly where the films were made. Nearby cache -- Copper Beach GCMWHH

If they remember the TV show MacGyver, the boat house where McGyver lived is still docked on the north side of Granville Island. Closest cache -- False Creek 2 -- GC2FF6

Not far from MacGyver's boathouse there is a virtual cache GC32AE. It is located beside the dock where Greenpeace first set sail. OK, that would be a documentary. **teehee** But still a film.

There are far too many film locations to post here but here is a list of film locations around Vancouver. It shouldn't be hard to map out some nearby caches...

FILM LOCATIONS

Wow! Thanks for all that. Saved me alot of work! Detective Great suggestions and ideas.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Movie/TV Location Caches? Reply with quote

Tynehead park is/was an often used location for The Xfiles, Supernatural, and all the Stargate series.
North/Middle of park has been the Stargate entrance for many an alien civilization. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Movie/TV Location Caches? Reply with quote

DisneyGirl wrote:
The_Pollywog wrote:

Great suggestion! Thanks! Do you happen to know which bridge they used in the film? (the one Sylvester Stallone walks across)... I thought that maybe there is a cache close to that bridge.

The "Bridge to Portland" is located at N49 22.915, W121 25.435, however there are no caches right at the bridge. In fact, the bridge will be torn down within the next few months as they are almost finished construction on a new bridge right beside the old one.

The closest cache is coord.info/GC100GM and is just up the street from the bridge.
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Movie/TV Location Caches? Reply with quote

Wasn't part of Rambo filmed at the Othello Tunnels???

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Movie/TV Location Caches? Reply with quote

Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat wrote:
Wasn't part of Rambo filmed at the Othello Tunnels???

Yes you're right and, apparently, so was "Shoot to Kill" and "Far From Home".
Thanks for the tip.
DisneyGirl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Movie/TV Location Caches? Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions and ideas. This has been a lot of fun. I've come up with a bookmark list and will continue to add to it as I find more caches that apply. Thanks again and please feel free to send me any others you may think of. Lightbulb
mountainsideman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Movie/TV Location Caches? Reply with quote

How about "Bird on a Wire" down in front of the seabus terminal, "Choronicles of Riddick", "Night at The Museum", and the latest in the "Calvin and the Chipmunks" series, all out a Mammoth Studios in Burnaby on Underhill. Behind the Sears clearance center. There are a few good caches in that area.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Movie/TV Location Caches? Reply with quote

Tynhead park on North Side is currently settup up for 'The Killing' fox studios for AMC network. Looked like a spooky farm yard, hay bails, moss laid down (yes they laid moss), trees added, surprisingly it makes the area look quite different.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Movie/TV Location Caches? Reply with quote

_canadianbacon_ wrote:
Tynhead park on North Side is currently settup up for 'The Killing' fox studios for AMC network. Looked like a spooky farm yard, hay bails, moss laid down (yes they laid moss), trees added, surprisingly it makes the area look quite different.

Really? We were there today! Where would you say is the closest cache to the location? Thanks for another good tip.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Movie/TV Location Caches? Reply with quote

Enter from the North Side @ !68th. There is trailhead. Used to be a caretakers house but it's been removed. Signs are up for the filming, which is today.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1