CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» maps on geocaching.com
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Grizzly Cubs
Grizzly Cubs:  [?] . Grizzy Bear Cubs [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» maps on geocaching.com
toplefttopfilltopright
maps on geocaching.com
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheesh695

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: maps on geocaching.com Reply with quote

Is anyone else having trouble with the geocaching maps not showing smilie faces for caches You have found?? When I look at the map many caches that I have found are still green boxes or multi boxes but when I click on them it says I found it a certain date???

A crazy bitch who WILL find you ...lol
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: maps on geocaching.com Reply with quote

Which map? Normal or Beta?
I'm not having trouble with the smilies not showing up at the moment, but Maps Beta is not loading the map tiles.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: maps on geocaching.com Reply with quote

Normal

Sheesh695

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: maps on geocaching.com Reply with quote

oops I forgot to mention that some of them ARE smilies...that is why it is sooo weird

IRLPGUY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: maps on geocaching.com Reply with quote

Sheesh695 wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble with the geocaching maps not showing smilie faces for caches You have found?? When I look at the map many caches that I have found are still green boxes or multi boxes but when I click on them it says I found it a certain date???
This is what I get when I view in google maps off the cache page. I am using IE ver8.

Sheesh695

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: maps on geocaching.com Reply with quote

Yes my map looks like that too but upon closer inspection about 1/4 of the green boxes still remaining are ones I HAVE found !!

IRLPGUY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: maps on geocaching.com Reply with quote

PS: All the smiles are finds the stars are mine and the others are ones I have not logged.

What browser are you using?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: maps on geocaching.com Reply with quote

Hmmmm.... Still shows smilies for me. Make that ALL the smilies.
Did you try logging out, and back in again?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: maps on geocaching.com Reply with quote

Yes I have logged out several times..it has been doing this since friday at least and I probably wouldn't have noticed it at all except I was making a bookmark for caches to do before the agm and some of the ones That were green boxes were ones I knew I had found before so I thought OMG maybe I haven't logged those yet but when I clicked on them it said I had found them.after that I checked more closely and then I saw that there were lots in the same boat.

IRLPGUY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: maps on geocaching.com Reply with quote

I just checked using Mozzila as well as IE and the maps are the same in both so not likely an issue with browser.

Tis one of life's mysteries - I know not what to suggest.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: maps on geocaching.com Reply with quote

this cacher seemed to have the same problem, but it fixed itself.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: maps on geocaching.com Reply with quote

I'm happy to see I am not the only one !!! I'll keep watching and thanks for the moral support !!

Teddy2k

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: maps on geocaching.com Reply with quote

In a lot of cases, issues like this are caused by the browser's cached version of things on your computer. Try clearing the cache and then re-load the map page to see if that fixes things.
Cachers in the Wry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: maps on geocaching.com Reply with quote

I have been having issues with the TCT power trail in Chilliwack. I will have all the caches on the map, move the map and then only the TCT caches disappear. If I have my smiles disabled then caches I have found show up as not found even though I am still logged in. When I refresh the TCT caches still do not show up until I log out and log back in. It is a bit of a pain but I slowly get them all loaded (like right now, I just had them disappear so I am taking a break to post my issue). I don't really think this is the same issue but I wondered if anyone else has this trouble with these caches?

I have tried using explorer and google chrome (although suddenly Garmin isn't loading caches through Chrome, which is a pain because it was way faster.)

I will not be deterred, I have almost finished loading the caches for our geo-fun day tomorrow and if I miss loading a few I hope that my buddy had them loaded on her GPS.
Popoki_Iti

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: maps on geocaching.com Reply with quote

The Beta Maps aren't showing PMO caches either.....that'll be one excuse for not finding "Not the Knot" anyway Smack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: maps on geocaching.com Reply with quote

Cachers in the Wry wrote:
I have been having issues with the TCT power trail in Chilliwack. I will have all the caches on the map, move the map and then only the TCT caches disappear. If I have my smiles disabled then caches I have found show up as not found even though I am still logged in. When I refresh the TCT caches still do not show up until I log out and log back in. It is a bit of a pain but I slowly get them all loaded (like right now, I just had them disappear so I am taking a break to post my issue). I don't really think this is the same issue but I wondered if anyone else has this trouble with these caches?

I tried looking for those on beta maps too (because I didn't want to wait for them to load) and they just "weren't there". Shocked

Quote::
The Beta Maps aren't showing PMO caches either.....that'll be one excuse for not finding "Not the Knot" anyway

I imagine GS will fix this in the next update.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: maps on geocaching.com Reply with quote

I use Google Chrome and found that I have the same problem sometimes. When I first log onto the maps, everything is fine but if I hang around too long the maps revert to a status as if I am not logged in. All of my logged smilies and owned caches revert to unfound/unowned status. Not a big problem. All I do is load the map again.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: maps on geocaching.com Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
I use Google Chrome and found that I have the same problem sometimes. When I first log onto the maps, everything is fine but if I hang around too long the maps revert to a status as if I am not logged in. All of my logged smilies and owned caches revert to unfound/unowned status. Not a big problem. All I do is load the map again.
Ever since the update it seems to "time me out" after awhile, which did not happen anytime prior. It's quite annoying if you're in the middle of loading caches.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: maps on geocaching.com Reply with quote

All I know is if the cache gets archived the smiley disappears
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1