CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Looking for a caching friend
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Stanley Park Totems
Stanley Park Totems:  [?] . World famous Stanley Park. Explore the area and find some treasures. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Looking for a caching friend
toplefttopfilltopright
Looking for a caching friend
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WOLVERINESTacFour

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

I love caching but the fun of solo caching has dwindled and the family doesn't have the same drive I do for a full day of caching. So I'm looking for a friend or friends to join for a day of caching on the weekend once or twice a month. Any takers?
WOLVERINESTacFour

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

I should add that I am based out of Maple Ridge.
Raygar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

well I usually save my energy for FTFS lol but as I just finally hit a decent milestone (500) its gonna take allot of caching to get to the next big milestone. So ya Id be in to the odd full day of caching.
message me if ya want
The Stainless Steel Rat
anakerose

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

Well if you ever get to Kelowna fire me a message and we'll go caching Smile
cartguy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

My wife works a lot of weekends I am always up for a day of caching hate to go solo as well I am in Abbotsford. Drop me an email.
HighMaintenance

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

Geoff, I still have that very generous coupon for Red Robin from that amazing series that soxter and bellini put out...I haven't forgotten that I want to share it with you and your son...let's make a plan to get together there and then we could plan some trips if Sundays work for you..
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

Let me know if you come by Nanaimo, I`ll show you (OK, maybe not show you:roll:) some caches around where I live. Drop me an email if you want...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

find one yet?
peppy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

HighMaintenance wrote:
Geoff, I still have that very generous coupon for Red Robin from that amazing series that soxter and bellini put out...I haven't forgotten that I want to share it with you and your son...let's make a plan to get together there and then we could plan some trips if Sundays work for you..

She didn't get her caching name just by accident you know...be afraid. be very very afraid Wink
WOLVERINESTacFour

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

That would be good. I was fortunate enough to get a visit from a friend that I introduced to caching and he re-lit my spark for caching. I would love to join you and yours for a bite and some caching.

HighMaintenance wrote:
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

This brings a tear to my eye. Crying or Very sad I met my bestest geocaching buddy through these forums two years ago myself.
we303

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

Hello! I'm in Maple Ridge and am looking for a geocaching buddy to go out and look for caches. I am new at geocaching and have found 8 caches so far. I am totally hooked and can only bring my family on certain days, certain times as our 6 year old can only handle a few caches before he gets bored......guess it's because we are finding more nano ones and not the caches with trinkets.

If you are interested in going out on a hunt, send a message my way.
we303

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

Sorry for not responding to messages for awhile. I was sick for awhile but am up and at 'em now. I live in Maple Ridge and usually go out with my husband and 7 year old son geocaching on the weekends but am looking for someone to go out during the weekdays once or maybe twice a week to go out and grab some caches. I have my own gps, swag and a car so am all ready to go!

If interested, please send me an email at: ranjan65 @ hotmail.com.

I am willing to go to Mission, Abottsford, Langley.

Thanks,

Jan
we303

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat wrote:
Let me know if you come by Nanaimo, I`ll show you (OK, maybe not show you:roll:) some caches around where I live. Drop me an email if you want...

Thank you and I will keep you in mind if I travel to Nanaimo!
WOLVERINESTacFour

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

Wow! I'm feeling the love. Why don't we ALL get together for some caching. Meet for a coffee one morning on the weekend; and possibly carpool; to some caches??? I'm sure we can find a few that none of us have found....
Cacheinhand1789

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

I'm pretty new to caching and am living in langley. I joined this forum in order to find some people to go caching with. I'm not able to work right now, so I have lots of time to fill.

I don't have a car, but I am (normally) a professional cook. So, if someone drives I can bring yummies! Smile

I also have a handicam and like to document my geocaching adventures.
WOLVERINESTacFour

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

That sounds like a plan. Transportation for treats = good trade!
Cacheinhand1789

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

Good to hear it!

When do you have in mind? Can you do PMs on here?
mountainsideman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

Just a note to say I'm going to Belcarra on Sunday January 23rd 8:00 am...ish? for the Springboard trail and others. Only Premium members allowed Sorry. I'll be onroute form North Burnaby if Transport is required. Would really like company.
HighMaintenance

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

I'm in Vince...but does it have to be so early? ZZZZZZ.. It's my day off!!! Will you bring breaky? Wink
mountainsideman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

Yes it has to be that LATE in the morning, the sun comes up too late in the day in the winter!!! I was going to post a note about NO food prizes. But I guess HM is your moniker I should expect nothing less. I hope a 1/2 cup of cold coffee and BIG bottle of Carolans is considered Breaky!!
HighMaintenance

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

Sounds totally delightful!!
mountainsideman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

O.K. HM has won!! It's 9:00 am Sunday morning! @ the Port Moody Rec Centre park over near the entrance off of Ioco. Let us know anyone else that would like to come so we can keep an eye out for you.
WOLVERINESTacFour

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

I could be in for this. Have to see how I feel Sunday
Raygar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

sounds interesting though as today is me B day im not getting up early and if i do Ill do every one a favor and cache alone lol.
Plus my geo buddy was invited to this hike by the same people who seem to refer to me as The Rat Fink an not The Stainless Steel Rat Nut
HighMaintenance

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

Thanks for organizing this Vince! I had a GREAT day!! It was great to be surprised by Scruffster along the way, it appears we missed some other cachers today which is a shame!! This was a good idea!!!
WOLVERINESTacFour

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

What do you guys say to a regular(ish) meet up on the weekends? Something like a Sat or Sun 10:00am coffee at Timmies and then out for caching? Come if you can???
goaliegirl38

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

I love the idea! Had all intentions of making it out Sunday morning, but life got in the way Smack
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

WOLVERINESTacFour wrote:
What do you guys say to a regular(ish) meet up on the weekends? Something like a Sat or Sun 10:00am coffee at Timmies and then out for caching? Come if you can???

I love this idea!

Can i vote for Sundays? LOL
mountainsideman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

O.K. Sundays is good. How about 8:30 am. Half the day is gone if you meet at 10:00. Early also means less muggles.
WOLVERINESTacFour

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

I can't do this Sunday as I have a paintball game to go to. I can go Saturday but I'm sleeping in so 10:00 is the earliest I can meet. Sorry, I get up early during the week so weekends are sleep-in time. The caches will still be there, I don't get too concerned with muggles and I'm out for relaxed caching. Id rather get quality than quantity.
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

Thinking about this, if we're talking about a semi-regular thing, maybe we should move it to the lower mainland category, give it an appropriate subject & nail down a location and see what kind of interest is there.

Im good for this sunday - next weekend, likely not & will be hit and miss myself. But still really like the idea in general.

My nickel's worth. Smile
goaliegirl38

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

I'm with Wolverine on this one, I'm lucky if I get 5 hours a sleep a night during the week, so my weekends are for sleeping in. But I'm in for meeting around 10 or so. I'm out for the next 2 weekends though as I'm off to Vegas Saturday morning for a week of r&r Party Hat

oh, and yeah, this should probably be a topic for the LM forum Beanie
WOLVERINESTacFour

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

Lets start local; Maple Ridge area; as in my original post. I'm not all that interested in meeting up in Vancouver somewhere at 10am nor do I want to meet in Abbotsford at 10am. Maple Ridge or Pitt meadows are great and Langley or Port Coquitlam are acceptable too. I know I am being picky but thats because I can. Razz If there is interest in other areas, they can copy us, for a small licencing fee, JK LOL
mountainsideman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

Well than a licencing fee you require. Too bad your not awake early enough to collect. Some of us with young children don't have the option of sleep so I'll cache instead.
WOLVERINESTacFour

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

mountainsideman wrote:
Well than a licencing fee you require. Too bad your not awake early enough to collect. Some of us with young children don't have the option of sleep so I'll cache instead.

LOL, Been there, my boys are old enough to get their own breakfast so mom and dad can sleep. Yay! So it looks like we have an early and a late group. Where do we want to meet? A Tim Hortons no doubt but which one? How about the Timmies/Wendy's at the junction of Dewdney and Lougheed on the Pitt Meadows/Maple Ridge border? If you want to join in meet there at 10 am Saturday or Sunday. Bring a GPS type device or something with the geocaching logo as an identifyer and we can sort it out from there.
Thoughts???
bimmergirl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

This is a great idea! I was going to start up the same type of thread as well... looking to do more caches, terrible at the multis and mystery caches and would love to connect with some cachers to learn and learn more.

I'm in Surrey and have a car... I'm willing to travel anywhere in the LM.

Who's in? If you PM me I will reply, and I'm usually available on weekends and Mondays.

Anyone?
Raygar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

in an odd coincidence, or maybe not odd considering the growth,
someone has started a L M, Maple Ridge based Cachers group on a website called MeetUp.com.
8 or 10 locals wanting some occasional group outings etc.Family oriented from what ive seen.
Cache On
bimmergirl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

Is anyone meeting tomorrow (Sunday Feb 6th)??
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a caching friend Reply with quote

It's Superbowl Sunday so I doubt there is a geocaching meeting tomorrow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 2