CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Announcements —» Policies —» Metro Vancouver Regional Parks Geocaching Policy
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Downtown Vancouver
Downtown Vancouver:  [?] . Coal Harbour near Stanley Park. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Announcements —» Policies —» Metro Vancouver Regional Parks Geocaching Policy
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
Metro Vancouver Regional Parks Geocaching Policy
Please note that BC Parks and Parks Canada have additional guidelines/restrictions for hiding geocaches. Check here to make sure your geocache meets all requirements BEFORE you place it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Policies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Metro Vancouver Regional Parks Geocaching Policy Reply with quote

Metro Vancouver Regional Parks has finally approved and published their official geocaching policy. It basically mirrors the BC Parks geocaching policy and means that you, the geocachers of BC, will continue to enjoy yet another park system that doesn't require pre-approval of cache location or a permit to place a cache that meets or exceeds the criteria set out in the policy.

The BCGA has worked hard to foster a positive and productive relationship with Metro Vancouver through this year's numerous geocaching programs. This new policy is a testament to that, as well as to the quality of the current geocaches hidden in every Metro Vancouver Regional Park. For those of you that currently have caches hidden in a Metro Vancouver Regional Park, huge props to you for being responsible geocachers.

Please ensure that you've read and understand the policy as it is now in effect. We're currently in talks with Metro Vancouver to hold a meet 'n' greet style event with parks staff so that they can officially present the new policy to attendees. More to come on that when more information is available.

The policy can be found under the FAQs section of the Metro Vancouver website (under the Regional Parks subsection), located at www.metrovancouver.org.../faqs.aspx

You can view the new policy directly at www.metrovancouver.org...Policy.pdf
savant9

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Metro Vancouver Regional Parks Geocaching Policy Reply with quote

That is great work by all involved!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Metro Vancouver Regional Parks Geocaching Policy Reply with quote

So happy to see this has been finalized. I'm glad MV Parks worked with BCGA on this. With two jurisdictions with similar policies this should form a strong precedent for other land managers to follow.
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Metro Vancouver Regional Parks Geocaching Policy Reply with quote

Thank you to the BCGA for their continued work. As a past director I know that these things take time and usually span several BCGA administrations jumping through governmental hurdles. It's great to see the current administration working hard behind the scenes to better geocaching for everyone in British Columbia.
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Metro Vancouver Regional Parks Geocaching Policy Reply with quote

This is great!

Item 3 still troubles me though. My caches are doing fine and I'd prefer not to have to remove them after 3 years. In fact, the oldest BC cache and the second oldest are both located in Pacific Spirit Park. Under this policy, both these caches need to be removed as they are well over 3 years old. This would be quite sad, in my opinion.
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Metro Vancouver Regional Parks Geocaching Policy Reply with quote

Cuddlefish, I've sent your question along to the folks at MV and am waiting to hear back... I'll let you know as soon as I have more info. If I don't get an answer before the upcoming meet 'n' greet (date still to be determined... more info as soon as I have it), perhaps you can ask the folks at MV directly about it.
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Metro Vancouver Regional Parks Geocaching Policy Reply with quote

The Meet and Greet has been confirmed for Thursday November 25 @ 6pm. The location will be the 2nd floor boardroom at the Metro Vancouver office building, located at 4330 Kingsway in Burnaby (N 49° 13.860 W 123° 00.456). I will post a link to the event page as soon as it is published.
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Metro Vancouver Regional Parks Geocaching Policy Reply with quote

The event has been published. coord.info/GC2HP1W
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Metro Vancouver Regional Parks Geocaching Policy Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the date for the Meet 'n' Greet has had to be pushed back due to a scheduling conflict on Metro Vancouver's end.

The new date for the event is December 16, 2010... same time, same place.

Sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Policies
Page 1 of 1