CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Regional —» Thompson / Okanagan —» Events ???
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Atlin Lake
Atlin Lake:  [?] . Snow Caves of Atlin Lake [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
October 2014
SMTWTFS
01 02 03 04
05 06 07 08 09 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Fri Oct 31, 2014
Event Halloween

Tue Nov 11, 2014
Event Remembrance Day

Forums —» Regional —» Thompson / Okanagan —» Events ???
toplefttopfilltopright
Events ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Thompson / Okanagan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoodscoop

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Events ??? Reply with quote

So, I have been checking out the "Coming Events" that are lined up on the left hand side of the screen and all seem to be in Vancouver or Victoria.
Is there another spot to check out for events in the Interior?
Is it too early in the season for events to be listed?
If there is a geocaching 101 - in the Interior, I would like to go, so am wondering if I'm not looking in the right spot.
Many navigation woes Smack
Thanks--if I can't find my way around here, I can just imagine how my first geocaching experience is going to be. LOL Paperbag
LordEd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Events ??? Reply with quote

Events also come up in groundspeak's geocaching newsletter. You probably signed up for it when you created a geocaching account.

Kamloops has more frequent events than the Okanagan, but there is often a 101 event here as well.
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Events ??? Reply with quote

We strive to list all of the BC events on the BCGA calendar, as well as events from Alberta, Washington and Idaho (since they border us).

I know that there are interior events coming up, however the sidebar only shows the events coming up within the next month.

You can view the entire calendar at www.bcgeocaching.com/i...&year=2010
couloir

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Events ??? Reply with quote

You should also check out the Interior Geocachers website at www.interiorgeocaching.com.
Hoodscoop

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Events ??? Reply with quote

I guess what my problem is: It always seems to be a long route to find out if an event is in my area - Y'know!!!
Ya, there is the icon to show you that it is in Canada, but then you gotta navigate to GC.com, and then log in to see the coords and the map, and then ya gotta enlarge the map to see if this is Vancouver - or wherever!!
It just seems that there should be an easier way to figure out if an event is in my area.
Maybe I'm just venting-- but as a newbie -- some things seem like they should be easier to navigate thru. Yuck
LordEd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Events ??? Reply with quote

Have you set up your 'home coordinates' and signed up for the weekly newsletter? In my email, I get the newsletter with information like (cut/pasted from a recent one):

# GeoStomp 2010 (GC23TAW) on 20 March 2010 by couloir. 110.2 km NW.

# 29 Again (GC24A8E) on 21 March 2010 by bajabetty. 264.94 km E.

# Three reasons for a party! (GC23BJC) on 21 March 2010 by crs98. 313.17 km SW.

# March Madness (GC24420) on 25 March 2010 by Celtic-Heart. 301.19 km SW.

# The "Magic Bunny" Event (GC250D6) on 27 March 2010 by family extremes. 202.81 km SW.

You can look at the km from home and know if it is something nearby.
Hoodscoop

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Events ??? Reply with quote

Ok, so I think I have put in my home coordinates - but I can't seem to find the sign up for the weekly newsletter.
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Events ??? Reply with quote

It's on the Manage Email Address page.

www.geocaching.com/acc...esses.aspx
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Events ??? Reply with quote

Hoodscoop wrote:
Ok, so I think I have put in my home coordinates - but I can't seem to find the sign up for the weekly newsletter.

Once you log in you need to click on my account at the top of the page then half way down you will see a thin bar probably stating you are not subscribed to our newsletter. Click on those words which will bring up your prefrences page to change this and other preferences for your account.
Hoodscoop

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Events ??? Reply with quote

Thanks to all - I am now signed up for the newsletters for BCGA as well as GC.com. Thanks again. Kiss
shuswapgeoquest

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Events ??? Reply with quote

Shuswap GeoQuest's Summer Event

Join us for a day of geocaching related fun.
We are organizing an event that promises to be exciting and interesting. Teams will compete solving puzzles and finding cache locations while scoring points for each find, FTF's and more difficult caches will have more points available. From several easy caches to head scratching puzzle caches to optional swimmable caches, this event should be a good time for all involved.

More details to come soon!

www.geocaching.com/see...6a81aeb4db

E-mail: geoquest @ futureshuswap.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Thompson / Okanagan
Page 1 of 1