CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Seek the Peaks in Kamloops
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
The Giant Hulks of Powell River
The Giant Hulks of Powell River:  [?] . The Powell River Pulp and Paper Company built an unusual breakwater by anchoring a chain of decomissioned war ships. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Seek the Peaks in Kamloops
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
Seek the Peaks in Kamloops
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anakerose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Seek the Peaks in Kamloops Reply with quote

Hey is anyone going to the Seek the Peaks event in Kamloops? Michael (LordEd) and I are going Smile
Technic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Seek the Peaks in Kamloops Reply with quote

It might be too late to say I am going, but I went, and what a great event it was. Over 40 new caches for the event. Half of them are down in the cross country skiing/snowshoeing trails area and the other half are up in the alpine. I wish to thank, again, couloir and Sun Peaks for organizing this event.
titelines

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Seek the Peaks in Kamloops Reply with quote

We were in Kamloops area a couple of weeks ago and hiked some of these caches. We did the hike from the FSR site to the peak of Mt Morrisey... it was awesome! We didn't see any bear but we did see some very FRESH and LARGE piles of scat along the trail up. We only wished we would have had more time to spend there to seek the rest of the series. oh well, it gives us a reason to go back.
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Seek the Peaks in Kamloops Reply with quote

Perhaps I should design a line of pooper scoopers so we can clean up after our cache partners. Bad bad bad fresh....

....nevermind.

I was very interested in this event. It looked like a lot of fun. Next year I'm going to get out more.

S.
titelines

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Seek the Peaks in Kamloops Reply with quote

The chipmunks seemed to be looking after that part..lol! When we were making our way back down and passed one of the 'fresh" piles there was a chipmunk feasting on the whole berries... if only it knew where they came from ha,ha,ha. Seems in nature not much goes to waste.
couloir

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Seek the Peaks in Kamloops Reply with quote

I was asked by Sun Peaks to organize the 2010 event. We placed 41 new caches in the alpine and the valley. I will be disabling the alpine caches for the winter, then checking them all when the snow melts. Sun Peaks wants to do the event again next summer so we will be looking at adding some more caches and building on the event. Watch for a new event posting in the spring.
anakerose

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Seek the Peaks in Kamloops Reply with quote

Sounds good! Maybe this time we'll be able to stay for the whole weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1