CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Great ???? Rush 2011 - July 1-3
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Herons
Herons:  [?] . Herons are a common sight along British Columbia's waterways. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Great ???? Rush 2011 - July 1-3
toplefttopfilltopright
Great ???? Rush 2011 - July 1-3
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tulameen_Turtles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Great ???? Rush 2011 - July 1-3 Reply with quote

Don't know what it'll be named, not sure where ground zero will be, but it will be in the Princeton/Tulameen area on the July Long Weekend.

At a minimum a road rally portion(similiar to tailspin) & a float down the river portion will be included.

More info in the next month as we start to figure things out, and we will be rounding up more "official" planning volunteers. When I'm ready for that I will post and ask for those who are interest to come forward - at this point I'm enjoying some peace and quiet.. lol yes the honeymoon phase. We're off to cabin in a few hours for the weekend.

If anyone is planning a wedding and would like to have it that weekend - we will be happy to add it in .. Smile
koakai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Great ???? Rush 2011 - July 1-3 Reply with quote

I am really tempted by the 65dollar poker tables at Rona this weekend. Blow up next years symbol and put in the center it would make an awesome prize for geo-poker. Smile
Bestred

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Great ???? Rush 2011 - July 1-3 Reply with quote

Well Kris you can count me in for sure....especially for planning Smile
Kelly can book the time off to, since he knows when it is....lol (always nice when it is a year in advance....hee hee)
Now that I know the van doesn't mind the drive up that way, for sure I am available at all times Smile
Cause I don't work...yay me!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Great Confuzzled Rush 2011 - July 1-3 Reply with quote

A name has been chosen - that represents the idea of the weekend - Confuzzled - he he - you will have fun and will not come back the same person!

The Great Confuzzled Rush is on!
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Great ???? Rush 2011 - July 1-3 Reply with quote

Bestred wrote:
Kelly can book the time off to, since he knows when it is....lol (always nice when it is a year in advance....hee hee)
make that 11 months now! Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: Great ???? Rush 2011 - July 1-3 Reply with quote

So is that for SURE the date, or are you going to change it to accomidate Geowoodstock?
If I have to pick between the two, I'm definetly going to Princeton, had too much fun not too attend next years! Smile
Tulameen_Turtles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Great Confuzzled Rush 2011 - July 1-3 Reply with quote

We're waiting on confirmation of ground zero availability - as soon as we have that then we're good to go for "formal planning" - all I can say right now is let the name lead your imagaination.. he he he

But as always the weekend will be what you want it to be - you can tour around to catch up on missed caches or take part in new challenges - challenges that will get you coordinates he he..

Or float down a river, watch movies - hang with friends.. your choice.. Smile
gearhedd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Great ???? Rush 2011 - July 1-3 Reply with quote

I will help ..poker and another letterbox.. I do drop of my daughter a few weeks before the event weekend and would be willing to help out with some last minute stuff.

I love the idea.. of floating down the river we saw a group of four floating down with a floating cooler with wobbly pops.. looked like alot of fun.

For poker I will stay near camp this time and have a better start... some didn't play because there was only a few winners... I have a new idea.
I think limiting the poker tourney to 40 players for one.
Two coin buy in again.
But this time one coin goes to the final pot for the top four-five players and each player keeps one of there coins in front of them as a bounty if you knock someone out of the tourney you get their coin.
gearhedd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Great ???? Rush 2011 - July 1-3 Reply with quote

Also would have loved the pancake breakfast.... Northlang could possibly get the big grills if needed for next year.
curnew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Great ???? Rush 2011 - July 1-3 Reply with quote

gearhedd wrote:
d each player keeps one of there coins in front of them as a bounty if you knock someone out of the tourney you get their coin.

I like I like I Like!!!!
Bestred

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Great ???? Rush 2011 - July 1-3 Reply with quote

Pancake Breakfast....I can cook Smile
I can bake to....so I can come up with some more fun and something yummy to go with it.....more stuff for the kids to if you like Kris Smile
Good to be a Sunday School Teacher and work with 6-12 yr olds as well Wink

Remember, I am available at all times....even if Kelly isn't Wink
and I LOVE wine hee hee Jester

ps.....talked to our sitters...and we will have a BACK UP PLAN lol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Great ???? Rush 2011 - July 1-3 Reply with quote

oh and any signs or anything...let me know Smile
I can draw them up and make em look fancy for ya......

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Great ???? Rush 2011 - July 1-3 Reply with quote

Ground Zero has been arranged!

We will be renting a private piece of property on the Tulameen River -

N 49° 30.087 W 120° 40.434

For those that were part of the first year, we will be returning to the original camping location & have made arrangements for use of the full area for the weekend. For those that weren't - it provides a beautiful setting along the river, great for dogs & kids as they can play right there.. Smile

The location is extremely large (and no sage brush in the camping area)

You will be welcome to bring dogs - however that being said they MUST be on a leash at all times during the event please.

We will work on set up etc as the year progresses and bring you continual updates.

We do not have a website set up as yet for the event, that will be coming over the next few months, however we have established a facebook page that you can "like" so you can stay in the loop on what is happening between now and then.

Now ground zero is established - off to do some planning.. Smile
couloir

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Great ???? Rush 2011 - July 1-3 Reply with quote

I am willing to help out. Perhaps support the GPX files process for all participants? Put out some caches in a hiking area?
Tulameen_Turtles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Great ???? Rush 2011 - July 1-3 Reply with quote

Thank you all very much for the offers of help, next year's event will be taking a different spin then previous years (We need a year of sanity) and will be focussed much more on the fun aspect then on launching a large number of new caches.

It will be a more "earn" your cordinates approach - eg few different rally formats, where a certain amount of people can complete each leg each day (eg 4 or 5 "legs"), you get to pick 1 each day over the weekend and we will have a maximum of 15 teams for each leg each day.

This will help ensure people are spaced out..So there won't really be a gpx file for next year, other then the PQ's for those that are in 'clean-up' mode.

Tasks to earn your coordinates will vary - but perhaps bringing your own hatchet, shovel or slingshot could work in your favor.. lol (no worries we will not be breaking any geocache rules.. )

And any water activites (such as floating down river) will not require GPS to float down river with you - we don't want any lost ones.
gearhedd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Great ???? Rush 2011 - July 1-3 Reply with quote

One more idea came to me... the potlock dinners haven't run real smooth. I have enjoyed my dinner but how about.... A Chili Cook Off Challenge.
You just go around with a bowl and taste a few around the campground. Have three-five people that are judges.

If there is another dish worthy of a cook off then there could be two choices
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1