CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Stave Lake Cleanup & CITO on Global TV tonight
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Coin Sales  
More Roadside Attractions
More Roadside Attractions:  [?] . Caribou Sam in Cache Creek [M | C]  Largest Burr in Port McNeil [M | C]  The Peach in Penticton [M | C]  Smokey Bear in Revelstoke [M | C]  Orcas in Victoria [M | C]  Bathtub in Nanaimo [M | C]  Largest Cuckoo in Kimberley [M | C]  The Head in Revelstoke [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Stave Lake Cleanup & CITO on Global TV tonight
toplefttopfilltopright
Stave Lake Cleanup & CITO on Global TV tonight
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tulameen_Turtles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Stave Lake Cleanup & CITO on Global TV tonight Reply with quote

On the BC 4x4 site -

So last night, Global TV did an article entitled Earth Day Shocker.
http://www.globaltvbc.com/video/index.html

In the menu to the left, select "NEWS HOUR". At this minute, the 4th video listed is the "Earth Day Shocker" video. Just over 3 minutes in length.

I managed to contact the reporter, John Daly, and he is going to do a follow up story tonight. Steve Dillen will be the Associations spokesman. Apparently, John also received input from others that are involved in that area. Hopefully, this brief air time gets us some needed recognition for all the effort that volunteers have been doing over the years.

PS: Thanks to Mike M for the heads up yesterday morning in regards to the news article!

The Video Collage that we did for last year's event will likely be featured as well. If the news article does make it - Smile

Jordy's video collage clearly shows garbage that was littering the shore of
Stave Lake last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgKGstsW-k4

For those that would like to join us this year - it's a posted event - the more the better!
Tulameen_Turtles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Stave Lake Cleanup & CITO on Global TV tonight Reply with quote

It did make it to air and a short snippet was featured.. and the following cachers were in it: Under BC, News Hour & called Dumping Enforcement

Global News Video

Hotrod
Grafinator
Goalie Girl 38
Gator (Mr. Agassiz Angels)
Mr. & Mrs Turtle
Hell Raiser & Family
Teskelly
Curnew

I think I got everyone..
Tulameen_Turtles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Stave Lake Cleanup & CITO on Global TV tonight Reply with quote

In my 2nd typing of this realized I missed typing :

Bestred & kids as well
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Stave Lake Cleanup & CITO on Global TV tonight Reply with quote

saw it last night and recognized the video, great to get some publicity about the issue

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Stave Lake Cleanup & CITO on Global TV tonight Reply with quote

The video won't play for me. Nothing happens when I hit 'play'. Tried several time but zip. arrgh.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Stave Lake Cleanup & CITO on Global TV tonight Reply with quote

Stave Lake 2010 - Please come CITO

I went out to Stave Lake today - to get an idea of what the clean up would be like this year - here is my video:

Even if you don't like to CITO - make this one different
Bestred

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Stave Lake Cleanup & CITO on Global TV tonight Reply with quote

awesome job Kris....love the story Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Stave Lake Cleanup & CITO on Global TV tonight Reply with quote

very appropriate story
Stave Lake could really use a cleanup, how lazy our society can be Mad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Stave Lake Cleanup & CITO on Global TV tonight Reply with quote

Excellent video Kris! Well done!
There will always be 2 types: those who leave the messes and those of us that clean them up. One of the benefits of caching is the social responsibility asked of us. Hope to make it to Stave Lake.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Stave Lake Cleanup & CITO on Global TV tonight Reply with quote

Wow, it looks like a CITO event WEEK may be required! Some people`s mentalities make me sick. If I can be there I will.
marmi_and_tas

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Stave Lake Cleanup & CITO on Global TV tonight Reply with quote

Wonderful presentation Mrs. Turtle! Wow...what a mess there. We were at Stave Lake recently but at Zajak's Camp planning a September Gaspesian Reunion. Their area is pristine in comparison.
Tulameen_Turtles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Stave Lake Cleanup & CITO on Global TV tonight Reply with quote

This is Great feedback to hear!

and you all get Smilies for coming - Hoping to see many of you there - and as much s an event week would be nice - I'll settle for one day to start:

Stave Lake CITO - June 5, 2010

There is plans in the works for something else as my creative juices are flowing - but this is a great start - looking forward to seeing everyone!
Tulameen_Turtles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Stave Lake Cleanup & CITO on Global TV tonight Reply with quote

A huge thank you to the great Cacher Turn out - all told with Cachers & 4 Wheel driver and other afficiliation it turned out about 91 people there to help Clean up the Lake.

Some very disgusting things were found - apparently one group found a bags of diapers..

All told 22,260 kg's x 2.2 for lbs= 44,520lbs! of garbage was pulled out and send to the dump where it belongs. (Several Dump Truck's Full)

We are still waiting for the Recycled Metal totals -

Unfortunately I didn't take as many photos as I as hoping for as I was too busy "cleaning" so will be waiting for a few photos from others and then doing a video montage.

So a huge thank you to everyone who came - your efforts are highly appreciated and yes you deserve that full round of applause for those muscles that are so very sore today -

Hoping to see everyone out there again next year, as it will be needed. There is a group hoping to do something similiar on the other side of the lake as it's needed just as badly there.. I will let you know if there is a date for that

Sill 22,260 kg's x 2.2 for lbs= 44,520lbs of garbage out of wear it didn't belong..
koakai

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Stave Lake Cleanup & CITO on Global TV tonight Reply with quote

At least three burnt out cars were removed from the area. The coolest thing in the world was seeing a 4x4 coming across a section were we were cleaning towing out a much destroyed car that had been 'way back there', according to the driver. I only wish I had taken video of it.

Also props to a pair of campers who CITOed their campsite area. Filled at least two big bags from that section alone.
Raygar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Stave Lake Cleanup & CITO on Global TV tonight Reply with quote

we winched up a fridge shell filled with garbage up a long slope
the video i took
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFo6YaLLnuk
Tulameen_Turtles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Stave Lake Cleanup & CITO on Global TV tonight Reply with quote

Just a quick note - I finished my write up tonight & the Video compliation is done on this year's event.

22,000 KG of Garbage - 4,000 KG of Recycled Metal & 91 people coming to help. Really put a few things in perspective for me..

I've put the article on our website:

Stave Lake Clean Up 2010 -

We sent out a cointest to the members of the Geocachers Grapevine a few weeks ago and still no entries.

Winner gets 1 Gold Copper Rush Coin

Send us your CITO Stories & pictures and we'll put you in a random Draw. All we ask is permission to use it for a story on the website. Winner to be drawn at the Copper Rush.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1