CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Post-Geowoodstock VIII Discussion
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Pyramid Falls
Pyramid Falls:  [?] . During the heyday of rail travel, Canadian Pacific trains always slowed at Pyramid Falls to give tourists a photo oppurtunity. For this reason, Pyramid Falls beat out Niagra as the most photographed waterfall in Canada. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Post-Geowoodstock VIII Discussion
toplefttopfilltopright
Post-Geowoodstock VIII Discussion
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Post-Geowoodstock VIII Discussion Reply with quote

This thread is for discussion of your experiences and memories at Geowoodstock VIII. I'll also be updating it periodically with images of the BC group photo with mtn-man. If anyone wants to email a full res version of the group picture for hosting here on the BCGA site, please email it to me at teddy2k @ bcgeocaching.com

KING 5 News did a live news story from the event. The write up and video are at www.king5.com/news/loc...42999.html

Tom (coast2coast2coast) made a great video that not only showcased geocaching in BC, but the overall beauty of our province. The video was shown at the booth for guests the view. You can watch it at www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6cE4KT22E8

The official GWS8 group shot that was taken from the top of the fire truck's ladder is at photosynth.net/view.as...c45850f0ca

Group Shots
Aerodoq: www.bcgeocaching.com/i...G_5068.JPG
K is for Crazy #1: www.bcgeocaching.com/i...dstock.jpg
K is for Crazy #2: www.bcgeocaching.com/i...stock1.jpg

Last edited by Teddy2k on Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:10 pm; edited 5 times in total
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Post-Geowoodstock VIII Discussion Reply with quote

That's a BIG group, wish I could have attended, it sounded like a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Post-Geowoodstock VIII Discussion Reply with quote

mtn-man did ask if there was anyone left caching in BC this weekend.

And a few people in the crowd jokingly called out to him to publish their caches.
Cyclepath_Cacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Post-Geowoodstock VIII Discussion Reply with quote

This was my first Geowoodstock Mega event. It was very well done. My wife, son and I had a great experience. We even extended our trip to take in the HQ event and the Fireworks. It was a lot of fun meeting fellow cachers from around the world, and quite a few locals as well. This was my first trip to the US in almost 15 years. We never met a grumpy person on our whole triip. The whole weekend was a blast.
coast2coast2coast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Post-Geowoodstock VIII Discussion Reply with quote

Have any numbers been made public? I'm interested to know how many were there?

Tom
Doonchak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Post-Geowoodstock VIII Discussion Reply with quote

Teddy2k wrote:

KING 5 News did a live news story from the event. The write up and video are at www.king5.com/news/loc...42999.html

I'm in that video Beanie ...for like 2 seconds, heh.
nenners

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Post-Geowoodstock VIII Discussion Reply with quote

Cuddlefish wrote:
mtn-man did ask if there was anyone left caching in BC this weekend.

Yes Sad
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Post-Geowoodstock VIII Discussion Reply with quote

I added a link in the OP to the official GWS8 group shot that was taken from the top of the fire truck's ladder.
Restless10101

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Post-Geowoodstock VIII Discussion Reply with quote

Where is the Link Teddy?
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Post-Geowoodstock VIII Discussion Reply with quote

In the OP (Original Post)
Aerodoq

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Post-Geowoodstock VIII Discussion Reply with quote

Teddy2k wrote:
I added a link in the OP to the official GWS8 group shot that was taken from the top of the fire truck's ladder.

Awesome. The "official photo" shows LeftCoastMama and I looking down at the ... well "awesome" Nut ... guy who was jumping up and down on a chair in front of us and who had fallen off said chair seconds before. I'd say the *only* negative experience of the whole weekend.

Too bad so few people stuck around for the photo ... it doesn't quite represent the throngs that were there earlier in the day, does it?

Who's going to Pennsylvania? Very Happy

Cache stats and map
Restless10101

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Post-Geowoodstock VIII Discussion Reply with quote

Ahhh... Thanks Cuddlefish!
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Post-Geowoodstock VIII Discussion Reply with quote

OP has been updated with 2 groups shots that K is for Crazy sent me. Thanks Kent!
Bestred

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Post-Geowoodstock VIII Discussion Reply with quote

Great photos! Glad to see that Keelong made it into one of them....poor Keelong Sad *runs off crying*

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1