CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock?
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Maple Ridge
Maple Ridge:  [?] . A ranch in Maple Ridge with the Golden Ears peaks in behind. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock?
toplefttopfilltopright
meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock?
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
K is for Crazy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

Any BC cachers (who are attending Geowoodstock) interested in a meet & greet with our cache reviewer, MTN-MAN? I email ed him and he is interested if scheduling works out.
Obviously there is already lots of stuff going on at that time and I don't really have a lot of time to throw an event together at a place 800km away but I figured I'd ask anyway...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

Maybe we could arrange a time with him to meet at the BCGA booth? I believe it will be located with the vendor booths. We will be there from 10 am - 5 pm on Saturday July 3rd.
Tulameen_Turtles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

Bring Milk Bones!
K is for Crazy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

Meeting at the BCGA booth may be a really good option. We could pre-arrange a 1/2 hour quick meeting.
I wonder if we could do a flash mob event while at Geowoodstock? Then we could keep it short & sweet. Question I'll do some checking....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

We would love that...count us in if it is a go!
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

What a great idea! My shift is 11:30am. Let's make it at noon. Wink
mtn-man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

Excellent idea. I'll probably buzzing by the booth quite a bit. I would LOVE to get a group picture taken with as many people as we can. I think I can be flexible with regard to any time except late in the day. I am part of the perfect attendance picture at 4:15 PM (yes, all eight). Other than that I am pretty much wide open.
K is for Crazy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

Okay, so the flash mob idea is out, Smack but the group photo is a go! Camera

I will follow up on the best time but let's tentatively plan for 3pm at the totem poles (W121, N47 37.875 W121 53.821).
This should give everyone enough time to chat and pose for a few photos and still leave time for other stuff.

I'm hoping the BCGA table @ Geowoodstock will allow us to have a note with this information posted, so that BC cachers who show up at the event but are unaware about the group photo, will have time and opportunity to join in.

Yahoo! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

Oops Smack I forgot to add, please post a note here saying you can make it.... this will give us all an idea of how many people to expect.
As well, if you know of BC cachers who are attending GeoWoodstock, let them know about this.... thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

I'll be there!
Can't wait to see everyone!

Bajabetty
goaliegirl38

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

Will be there, with goaliemom38
manymutts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

Great idea, count us in too.
TeamPawz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

Both of us will be there...pretty sure our two friends will be aswell.
chet_and_jane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

Great idea. Finally meet the man with the power over our caches.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

Coin bribes work great with Greg.. Does he have access to this forumn? Wink Oops.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

Aww man now I REALLY wish we were going!
Kootenay_Pirates

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

Why does it take the Crazy guy to come up with such a good idea?? Shifty
We'll be there for sure.
RVTraveller

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

I'll be there with Gecko Cacher and Afternoonshift Very Happy
Aerodoq

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

We'll be there

Cache stats and map
hollyburn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

I'm staying for the clean up so see you all at 3PM
Tugman_and_Wifey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

We will definately be there!
gearhedd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

One of my reasons to be there is to meet the man himself..
coast2coast2coast

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

K is for Crazy wrote:

I'm hoping the BCGA table @ Geowoodstock will allow us to have a note with this information posted, so that BC cachers who show up at the event but are unaware about the group photo, will have time and opportunity to join in.

Yahoo! Very Happy

We will be setting up the BCGA booth at 0730... If you send me a poster via email, I will make sure it gets seen by everyone...
and while we are on the subject, everyone Please show up at the booth, we will have a map on a corkboard and We would like BC cachers to stick a pin in your home town.

Tom
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

im planning on heading down for the day as well & hope to be there for 3
Groundhog and Shadow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

We'll be there at 3 pm. Wouldn't miss this opportunity to meet and give a personal thank you to the guy who has spent so much of his time reviewing our Groundhog & Shadow caches! Hmmm . . . . on second thought . . . . maybe its not such a good idea as mtn-man might want to wring our necks for putting so many out! Lol! Boy, this upcoming geowoodstock adventure is getting better and better!
Rhondle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

Count us in, we'll be there with team Fred6603. Can't pass up an opportunity like this!
adroit_seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

I will be in town for this - so count me in
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

K is for Crazy wrote:
I will follow up on the best time but let's tentatively plan for 3pm at the totem poles (W121, N47 37.875 W121 53.821).
This should give everyone enough time to chat and pose for a few photos and still leave time for other stuff.

So is this time and place confirmed?
mtn-man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

Sounds like that is the plan. Should work out OK for me! I am so looking forward to this.
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

Looking forward to meeting you Greg! Mr. Green
K is for Crazy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

Yep, It's on!!!! See you in a few days. Should be about 40 or more of us..... wow!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

I thought MTNMAN was gong to be hanging out at/near the BCGA booth at 3PM, not some other spot. Has something changed?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

I also hope to meet Greg at the Luau event the night before...
K is for Crazy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

The plan is.......

3pm @ the totem poles

N47 37.875 W121 53.821

BCGA booth will have this info. posted.

Group photo & meet/greet.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

That was a great turnout for the meet and greet and group picture.
If anyone has a copy of the photo that they could email me, I would appreciate it very much Very Happy
Aerodoq

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

I've put a shot of the whole group and mtn-man on Flickr:

flic.kr/p/8fVgya

Cheers,
A>

Cache stats and map
salem65

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

Aerodoq wrote:

flic.kr/p/8fVgya

Cheers,
A>

Thank you so much.
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

Aerodoq wrote:

flic.kr/p/8fVgya

Cheers,
A>

Thanks Anthony! I'd like to look into hosting the full res images right here on the BCGA site for everyone to view, so if you or anyone else would like to email the full res picture(s) to me, I'll see about making that happen.

Email: teddy2k @ bcgeocaching.com

Also, big thanks to K is for Crazy for organizing this! It was great to meet you!
HwyGuy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

It was great to see such a large turnout for BC cachers at the event. AFTR and I got to do the Scavenger Hunt at the HQ Lost & Found event on Sunday with mtnman. What a great guy!
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: meet & greet MTN-MAN @ geowoodstock? Reply with quote

Left to Right...
geodug, goliemom (I think), goliegirl, mtn-man, Mr. 911Turbo, seek&gohide, and _canadianbacon_

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 2