CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Game #6 BLITZ BINGO
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Inukshuk - Whistler
Inukshuk - Whistler:  [?] . Maybe the best skiing in N. America, and lots of caches too! [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Game #6 BLITZ BINGO
toplefttopfilltopright
Game #6 BLITZ BINGO

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scruffster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

BINGO is back!
The first draw will take place on Friday June 11th

GAME #6 -- BLITZ BINGO!

The object of this game will be to fill an inner circle. Traditionally, an inner circle game in bingo consists of the eight squares surrounding the free square. However, we will accept any small square around the board. There is a total of nine possibilities. Four of the possibilities are in the pictures below...

Please refer to the general rules HERE. Moderators will check online to ensure you have completed all tasks as stipulated by the rules. Some tasks may require a photo placed on the geocaching.com page along with the log. If you have any questions regarding a task please feel free to post them here. Failure to complete the tasks after a BINGO call will result in a temporary 48 hour suspension before you may call BINGO again.

There will be two draws daily.

Enjoy the game!
katcogo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

Bring it on!

So - is the first task to figure out if it starts on Friday the 15th or Friday the 11th?

How soon can we draw our card?

Also - just so I can set my alarm - are the draw times going to be random or scheduled? Are we to check at 3:00 AM just to make sure?

Not that I've necessarily missed it or anything . . .

Thanks - I DON'T know how much work goes into this - I can only guess . . . but we appreciate it!
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

I fixed it... it's definitely Friday June 11th Mr. Green
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

My bad. **teehee** Thanks Ted. Two days and counting.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

Two draws a day, 12 hours apart.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

I know it's early but couldn't wait..... Laughing Am I supposed to see an ADMIN section above my card??? Wink

Geck

geocachinggecko.blogspot.com/
Tulameen_Turtles

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

Ok Scruff & Ted - based on my card and the first draw - the question comes up based on the event planning. I will be technically qualifying tomorrow morning when Jeff, Kathy & I go to hedley- however it will not be .. you know..until July 30th

Does that count?
katcogo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

So . . . I guess the cache I had published YESTERDAY doesn't count.

Lets all make an effort to hide QUALITY caches to get our "free" square!
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

I reworded the task.. As usual the tasks refer to NEW finds & in this case a new hide.

I wonder when the 'Send Scruff $5' task will be drawn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

What about the "send CB $10 to reveal all squares on card". Oh sorry, was that supposed to be secret . . .?
katcogo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

Hmmm . . . is it just my card or is this game just a wee bit tougher than the other ones? Two squares drawn and no easy task so far - kinda sorry now that I wished for another green square!
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

Oh, there are a few tuffies in the bunch. It's not like you have to do it right away. Once a square comes up, you can do it any time after that. Early in the game it makes no difference. Go out 1 day and knock off a few at once.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

I am just a tad curious - there has been 20 draws and all I have revealed is the center spot which I am guessing everyone got at the start.

Is it possible I have a dud-card?

Perhaps one of the moderators could check on it for me ... please

Perhaps it will be like the last time where it was slow to reveal but in the last week it was hard to keep up with it, yet I won the bingo.

How is everyone else doing?
scruffster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

The luck of the draw isn't as good for some cards as others. I know it's frustrating but not everyone can have a great card every time. Try to be patient.
katcogo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

Well, all I can say AS is be careful what you wish for!
RVTraveller

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

I have a question and I don't see the answer anywhere in the rules . . . If one of my tasks is to find a certain type of cache, does it have to be in B.C.? Could it be say in Washington State, somewhere near GeoWoodstock for instance??
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

I believe any cache/tb can be anywhere, it just has to be done after the draw was done. No geographic restrictions unless the task explicitly says so. Such as 'Find Cache in BC Park' or
Find Blitz Cache with xxxx'

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

Well this is the first of the Bingo games I've played because with the end of school, my workload has meant I can do so much more geocaching...

Except, my card is not making it easy for me. Smack

Good thing I'd still enjoy the geocaching even without the Bingo game. Wink But it is kind of fun to see if I get a new square after a draw...
The_Pollywog

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

You didn't miss much. After the last batch of games, I'm not even going to bother with this batch.
scruffster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

Party poopers. **teehee** Since I'm a Bingo moderator I can't win but I'm still playing along.

This is a harder game than normal, however. I blame CB. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

Yup, this is not a couch potato game like the ones over the winter. Some will be challenging.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

You mean this may be my final nudge to go for a 5/5 if that square comes up?
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

WHY DIDN'T I SEE THIS BEFORE!!!!
I'M WAY BEHIND NOW!!!!
DOH Smack Smack Smack

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

LOL, its been running for a couple of weeks. I might throw in an Canada Extra Draw tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

I am pretty much going no where fast. With only 3 squares revealed it will be about 8 weeks before I get close. I guess after a week in the states caching off/on I should have enough coverage for what ever is revealed when I get back that is if it has not been completed before then.

Looks like check back once a week is the way to go for me for now at least.
katcogo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

Yea! More draws! Could you throw in an extra on Sat for the poor folks who can't go to GeoWoodstock and have to stay home and play bingo instead?
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

No can do, ironically, I'll be at Geowoodstalk.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

After a slow start, it looks like people are beginning to fill in their cards. There is a BINGO in someone's future but it's still anyone's game.
katcogo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

Grumble, grumble, complain, complain. I haven't had a draw in a VERY long time - Mtn-Man is uncooperative on one (OK, its his job), and I've already done the "easier"one of the other squares undone. And to boot - I've still got a LONG way to go before a BINGO! Ahh, if I could only be in a position to delete everything prior to that magic word! Oh well, keep on slogging away at it, stranger things have happened. . .
maxonthehunt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

Just wondering about one task,if it doesn't say "new" cache does that mean we can use a previous published cache??Got caught in a rain storm today trying to complete a task-the madness has started!!Yihaa!
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

What those means is you have to do a new 'find' not a new cache. That is a cache you did last month does not qualify . You have to perform the task after the draw.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

How do we know the date of the draw? How do I know if the cache I found a week ago qualifies for something on my bingo card now?
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

1) Read the date on the draw. I know the grid is mesmerizing, but there is more on that page.
2) if (date of log >= date of draw) bingo = true.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

CB - I've looked and I think maybe your grid shows more than ours. However - I know what came first.

Just want to say - the game is still frustrating but I am having fun with the challenges that have me doing things I probably would not have if it weren't for Bingo (in the best possible way). I just wanted to run home and log my finds this morning before someone ends the game.

Is it possible to continue on with a full card for bragging rights? You could stop it at the end of the Blitz if that comes first.

It will keep us all playing outside!

Again - many, many thanks for putting these games together and running. We who love to dab salute you!
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

Can you use the same cache for multiple squares, if it applies to them?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat wrote:
Can you use the same cache for multiple squares, if it applies to them?
No.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

...erase...erase...erase...
thanks for letting me know

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

Well, if I was to answer your question exactly as asked, I would have said:

Sure, 'you' can use them in multiple squares, but they won't count! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

_canadianbacon_ wrote:
1) Read the date on the draw. I know the grid is mesmerizing, but there is more on that page.
2) if (date of log >= date of draw) bingo = true.

On my card I see "63 draws to date. The draws in this game are hidden." but I don't see draw dates anywhere. Are you saying that I should be seeing dates for the squares that have been drawn? Nothing shows up for me with Firefox or IE8.
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #6 BLITZ BINGO Reply with quote

CB I get the logic. I just don't see the dates anywhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion
Page 1 of 2