CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Help out a young band!
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Ghost Towns
Ghost Towns:  [?] . Hedely [M | C]  Anyox [M | C]  Bradian [M | C]  Butedale [M | C]  Sandon [M | C]  Cody [M | C]  Kitsault [M | C]  Moyie [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Help out a young band!
toplefttopfilltopright
Help out a young band!
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HuggyFamily

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Hey all,

Mr. & Mrs. Huggy's eldest son Jeff (also known as Huggy Junior Sr.) is an aspiring musician and founder of the local band "The Knots". The band entered a contest sponsored by YouThink called "B.C.'s Best Teen Band" and they have made it to the top 3 (out of over 50 entrants). The online voting to determine a winner continues until April 16th. The final 3 bands play a gig at Tom Lee Music on May 1st to determine the grand champion.

If you'd like to hear the band and vote for them (please....!!!), check out www.youthink.ca/node/2588. They could REALLY use the votes.

It's a tight race at the top and you can vote once EVERY DAY.

Thanks for helping out a fellow caching family. Copious hints to our most devious of puzzles to those who help us out. Beanie

Mr. Huggy.
savant9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Voted. They sound good.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Voted ... and will vote again tomorrow Smile
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Good stuff... voted! Mr. Green
Mrs_Landsharkz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Voted! With a daughter in musical theatre you may get to return the favour one day! Jester
HuggyFamily

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Thanks to those who have voted so far. There have been some problems with the website, but technically you can vote once in every 24 hour period.

I should also mention that the band includes two other caching family's young men, namely Jonny, son of MS TheBrain & Pinky, and David of the Griffindore3.

Cheers!
Tulameen_Turtles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

They are good.. Mr. Huggy - any chance they'd be willing to consider recording a song for us?

We'd pay a nominal fee as well? -

It would be a take off of the Song East Bound & Down - But Cacher Lyrics. We've trying to find someone who could do it for us..
HuggyFamily

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Hey Kris,

Thanks for the comments. They Knots are far from a country band Smile , however they are versatile musicians. I'll ask them if they'd be interested in the project and get back to you by e-mail.

Pete.
coast2coast2coast

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Got my vote!
geodug

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

A fine bunch of lads.

They got my vote.
titelines

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Good luck to them, good lad's ....got our vote!
savant9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Pssssst.... its cookie based, not IP like they claim.

Clear your cookies and you may vote again..... and again.....not that I condone that type of behavior.......... Shifty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Added our vote to the list...good job guys!
jangor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Voted.
peppermintpatti53

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Good Luck - I VOTED Too !!!! Passed it on to the other WILDTHINGY's
vnm747

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Got my vote.
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

I just voted and it seems to me that the knots have a huge lead. Good luck to them! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Add one more groupie
Tulameen_Turtles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

we are more then one groupie - but we are putting thread ahead so that they will stay in lead!
Hoodscoop

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Voted - Good Luck - You kept the video simple - good choice - the music was nice and clear to listen to. A Toast to your success!!!
Hoodscoop

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Voted again -- good luck Trophy
curnew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

voted... good stuff!
tjguy98

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Did my part - my vote is in!

Hoodscoop

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Hey,

3 days + 3 votes, I just checked the "Current Standings" and WHA' HAPPENED???? Smack I coulda swore The Knots were in the lead, and now they're in second place. There should be some kind of way to put out the distress call to everyone. If we could pull off this win for these young guys, then just think of what we could do...................... like, we could take over the world!!!!.............MUUUHAHAHA!!!! Twisted Evil
hollyburn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

I voted and added a link to my facebook and twitter as well. They are neck and neck right now so need everyone to vote often. Way to go!
HuggyFamily

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Thanks so much everyone for your continued votes. What a hugely supportive community. One week to go and it's neck and neck. The boys are practicing hard getting ready for the final showdown on May 1st.

They appreciate your support!!!

Mr. Huggy.
Hoodscoop

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

I voted again. I think you need to make a new "reply" every day in order to keep this thread at the top of the list and people will notice it. The Knots have fallen behind a little bit, but a little help would take care of that tho. Cookie Monster
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Looks like they were beaten Crying or Very sad , that's to bad because they had great music.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Second isn't a bad place to be. Good tune. Good band.
HuggyFamily

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Thanks to all of you cachers (and hundreds of other friends and family etc.), The Knots finished in second place in the online voting. The stage is now set for the showdown concert on May 1st. Some pretty well-known industry execs will be there and the judges will listen to four-song sets from each of the three finalists, including The Knots.

The winner will be crowned BC's Best High School Band. We'll post an update with the results after the big gig.

Thanks again everybody!

Mr. Huggy.
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Even at the high school I teach at, some distance from you guys, the students were talking about this band and the battle of the bands too.

Funny how two aspects of your life collide like that occasionally.
HuggyFamily

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Hey All,

Just wanted to give you an update:

The Knots performed today at the grand finale of the BC's Best Teen Band Contest and I am extremely proud to tell you that they WON the title, beating out two other bands (out of an original total of over 50 entrants).

The concert was fantastic and The Knots blew away the audience with a tight and energetic set of their music.

Thanks to everyone who voted over the past months to help the band get to the top. We appreciate your help, support, and kind comments.

Now back to geocaching!!!

Mr. Huggy & Jeff of The Knots.
Hoodscoop

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Help out a young band! Reply with quote

Congratulations!!! Trophy Medal

It must have been exciting to see them win. A Toast to a successful future for them.
So what did they win for all their hard work?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1