CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» Milestones —» Milestones not showing up
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Maple Ridge
Maple Ridge:  [?] . A ranch in Maple Ridge with the Golden Ears peaks in behind. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» Milestones —» Milestones not showing up
toplefttopfilltopright
Milestones not showing up
Here you can post your milestones or congratulate your friends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Milestones

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigbadger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Milestones not showing up Reply with quote

Why is it my milestones don't show up on the list... I have changed the variant from 500's to 100's but it seems everyone else's show up on the day they get each 100 and mine are never there...

Am I missing something?

BigBadger

_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Milestones not showing up Reply with quote

We only show the most recent 200 people to reach a milestone. Your last tagged milestone was @ 700, before we switched from every 100 to every 500. Your 700th was on 2009-05-30 , where the top 200th seems to cut off near the end of august.

You will soon be @ 1000, and your name will show up on side scroll as well as on the full page listing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Milestones not showing up Reply with quote

PS...
it can take up to 5 days for us to pick up new numbers, it is not immediate.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Milestones not showing up Reply with quote

I hit 200 a while ago now, it still hasn't shown up in the milestones. It doesn't matter much. Does your user name on gc.com and here have to be the exact same? Cause if the answer is yes, then that's the case for me.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Milestones not showing up Reply with quote

We only go by 500's. So many cachers hit 100 marks that they only showed up on the list for a day or two.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Milestones not showing up Reply with quote

We don't know if anyone else has had this happen. But, we seemed to have disappeared off of the BCGA site. We aren't showing up in the rankings or the milestones list. We hit our 2,000 cache on Dec 19 and have been waiting for it to appear on the milestones. Scruffster is aware and apparently there is a clitch in the web site due to the changing of the web site. If others are in the same situation you may want to let the techies know.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Milestones not showing up Reply with quote

Hmmmm. I personally added them again. I expected them to come up. Sorry about that.
goinggone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Milestones not showing up Reply with quote

Thanks Scruffster, we are being patient but are curious if others are in the same boat. Present Do we need to give you a bit of a gift? Jester

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Milestones not showing up Reply with quote

There were in twice, and marked as 'not in bc' for one of them, hence not showing up.

90% of the cachers are manually reviewed when they first show up in a log, as to if they are a BC resident or Not. (best guess based on where there first caches are).

Sometimes the wrong button gets clicked.

You are showing up now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Milestones not showing up Reply with quote

Thanks CBacon, I just was trying to bribe Scruffster, so now I don't need to. Aren't computers wonderful things!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Milestones not showing up Reply with quote

Thanks CB. I obviously did it wrong. **teehee** But that is nothing new.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Milestones not showing up Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Milestones not showing up Reply with quote

Well. Thwarted once again......

Finally got my 1000 mid-January and still no milestone... I guess I don't exist.

Is there something about my account that might be making me not appear in BC?

_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Milestones not showing up Reply with quote

It can take up to 5 days to be picked up by this website.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Milestones not showing up Reply with quote

Yes, I remember you mentioneing that before. It has however been about 16 days now and I have noticed several other cachers milestones posted that reached their goals AFTER I had.

Although it is not a big deal, I would just like to clear up WHY it is happening moreso than the fact that it is not happening.

_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Milestones not showing up Reply with quote

There is a human element to catagorizing cachers (BC Resident , Non Resident) etc. Sometimes cachers are incorrectly assesed, or the wrong button is pressed. You were set as 'not tracked' for some reason. It has been corrected, and you're on the list.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Milestones not showing up Reply with quote

Thanks CB!

Philatsea

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Milestones not showing up Reply with quote

I have been away and hoped that when I returned that my 1000th cache milestone would have appeared. I still can not see it and I did my 1000th back on January 10th.

Phil
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Milestones not showing up Reply with quote

Hi Phil, I checked the milestone list and you are currently #20 on the list as of Jan. 13 for your 1,000th find. Congrats on the milestone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Milestones
Page 1 of 1