CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Unknown mystery cache container
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Coin Sales  
Rogers Pass Cenotaph
Rogers Pass Cenotaph:  [?] . The Rogers Pass Cenotaph is dedicated to the completion of the Trans Canada Highway on September 3, 1962. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Unknown mystery cache container
toplefttopfilltopright
Unknown mystery cache container
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amboguy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Unknown mystery cache container Reply with quote

I have in my posession a square Lock n lock with green tape, this was handed to be today by a Mission Parks employee, who found it when clearing a tree. The cache was located in between the grotto and my "cojoined twins"

I e-mailed the cache owner for the retired "spring wedding", but they said it was an ammo box!!

So now I have a box that has no owner, it is lost, wandering, and needs a home.

These are the details in the log (copy of e-mail I sent mud puppy)

IF ANYONE KNOWS WHO'S CACHE THIS IS, LET ME KNOW. Guy9696 @ gmail.com

Lunchbucket2000, you signed this log thinking it was "spring wedding" but it wasn't, so where was this cache found by you? who are "the handes"??

I met with two of the groundskeepers, and one of them handed me a geocache container, and at first I thought it was "spring wedding", but this is the mystery,

It is a tall sandwich size lock n lock, covered with green tape. On the top just says "geocache@geocaching.com", no geocache name.

The logbook is a dolphin logbook, inside cover of logbook says "welcome to the 4family geocache aug 22/09"

now it gets weird, log entries
"we were here! smokey and the bandits aug23/09" (from Sask. never cached in BC)
"fortune5 aug 23/09' (only one cache logged as found, "whistle stop" in bc, 15 Oct/06)
"we "3" love" (no date)
"tatersalad + kids aug23/09" (one tatersalad is from N. Carolina, the other hasn't cached since 2007 and is from pensylvania)
"the glitter gang aug 23/09" (are local but did not log spring wedding, though did a couple of others close by around that date)
"nmellallen aug 23/09" (username does not exist)

"lunchbucket2000 sept23/09" (THIS ONE IS LOGGED AS THE LAST TO FIND SPRING WEDDING)

Now after it went missing,
"Bobo fett (hard to read this) dec27, 2009 L.O.L" (does not exist as a member)
"The Handes Jan 12/2010" (username does not exist)

So is it your container?, see why I am confused, this whole thing is weird.

Parks guy said he found it when he cut down a tree which was located SE of the church, near the small group of trees beside the road that leads up to the church???

it was sitting in the open for the last 2 weeks, just sitting on the grass, he placed it there, didn't know what it was.

Enlighten me on the mystery.

Guy
amboguy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Unknown mystery cache container Reply with quote

I read the lid of the container wrong, says 'geocache@ geocaching.ca but geocaching.ca website is "coming soon", could this be a cache placed somewhere but not a geocaching.com cache, may be another lesser known organisation???
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Unknown mystery cache container Reply with quote

Although it said geocache, you never know, it could be a letterbox.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Unknown mystery cache container Reply with quote

Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat wrote:
Although it said geocache, you never know, it could be a letterbox.

If it was a letterbox??, the owner if found will have to find a new hide, as the tree that it was in is gone, and no place nearby to fit container, does a letterbox have trade items/toys??
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Unknown mystery cache container Reply with quote

Yes letterboxes do have toys in them. Where exactly was it found?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Unknown mystery cache container Reply with quote

Try "Navicache.com" and search for it.
link

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: Unknown mystery cache container Reply with quote

or try terracaching.com
they have there own listings...
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Unknown mystery cache container Reply with quote

From Spring Wedding archives:

September 3, 2009 by The Wet Coast Explorers (3797 found)
18:15 Took the long way to the cache. Realized my mistake when I got there. D'oh. Was kind of puzzled by the his and hers cache ammo cans though. Both were labeled with the cache name and both contained log books. Hummm? Signed both so that nobody feels left out. TFTC

August 15, 2009 by Kambo117b (425 found)
(#339) Went to find this one specifically because there was a coin logged in inventory. Coin was gone. Hope it just hasn't been logged out yet.
Anyway, I find the cache no where near the hint or GZ. Grumble at the previous cacher who put it back wrong and logged the wrong date (Aug 2008). Signed the log then when I go to put it back at the proper place (GZ), there was another cache there. I had actually stumbled across a cache that had been muggled last year and the owners had replaced it. My ire at the fictitious previous cacher was gone. Signed my name to the actual cache too (coin wasn't in that one either). Left the older cache at proper coords with the newer one for the owner to come reclaim.
Too bad I can't get 2 finds for this one.
[This entry was edited by Kambo117b on Monday, August 24, 2009 at 7:45:11 AM.]

- Perhaps you found the very first one that was placed by the other cacher then replaced. Who knows but I say recycle it to become a new cache again.
amboguy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Unknown mystery cache container Reply with quote

Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat wrote:
Yes letterboxes do have toys in them. Where exactly was it found?

was found at approx 49 08.521 122 17.224 Heritage park, Mission
amboguy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Unknown mystery cache container Reply with quote

TESKELLY wrote:
From Spring Wedding archives:

September 3, 2009 by The Wet Coast Explorers (3797 found)
18:15 Took the long way to the cache. Realized my mistake when I got there. D'oh. Was kind of puzzled by the his and hers cache ammo cans though. Both were labeled with the cache name and both contained log books. Hummm? Signed both so that nobody feels left out. TFTC

August 15, 2009 by Kambo117b (425 found)
(#339) Went to find this one specifically because there was a coin logged in inventory. Coin was gone. Hope it just hasn't been logged out yet.
Anyway, I find the cache no where near the hint or GZ. Grumble at the previous cacher who put it back wrong and logged the wrong date (Aug 2008). Signed the log then when I go to put it back at the proper place (GZ), there was another cache there. I had actually stumbled across a cache that had been muggled last year and the owners had replaced it. My ire at the fictitious previous cacher was gone. Signed my name to the actual cache too (coin wasn't in that one either). Left the older cache at proper coords with the newer one for the owner to come reclaim.
Too bad I can't get 2 finds for this one.
[This entry was edited by Kambo117b on Monday, August 24, 2009 at 7:45:11 AM.]

- Perhaps you found the very first one that was placed by the other cacher then replaced. Who knows but I say recycle it to become a new cache again.

Yhe thick plottens,
if no word in a week, from any owner, I will add it somewhere in the park.
curnew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Unknown mystery cache container Reply with quote

Hey Guy,

Can you take a picture of the container and logbook with pages, and post them, maybe someone will recognize something.

thanks,
Jeff
cookiemakers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Unknown mystery cache container Reply with quote

Could it be one of those travelling caches? We had one come through Prince George, I tried for it, but someone else got it before I did. It's a couple years back so I can't remember how exactly it worked, but something along the lines of you pick up the cache, rehide it somewhere else and in the log entry you add the new coordinates. (We were going to pick it up in Prince George and take it back to Terrace with us.) New ones aren't allowed anymore, I'm not sure how you'd search for one, but it's a possibility.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Unknown mystery cache container Reply with quote

cookiemakers wrote:
Could it be one of those travelling caches? We had one come through Prince George, I tried for it, but someone else got it before I did. It's a couple years back so I can't remember how exactly it worked, but something along the lines of you pick up the cache, rehide it somewhere else and in the log entry you add the new coordinates. (We were going to pick it up in Prince George and take it back to Terrace with us.) New ones aren't allowed anymore, I'm not sure how you'd search for one, but it's a possibility.

This is the cache you are talking about GC740A Prince George Transit
cookiemakers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: Unknown mystery cache container Reply with quote

Well, you got me curious as the Prince George Transit cache didn't look familar. Anyway, GC2179 Bernie's Travelling Geocache is the one that I had hoped for but missed. It's a cache that's travelled across Canada.

www.geocaching.com/see...e04109d061

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1