CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Regional —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains —» Odd road features? Ideas requested...
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Revelstoke
Revelstoke:  [?] . Carved Grizzlies frame a town square in Revelstoke. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Regional —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains —» Odd road features? Ideas requested...
toplefttopfilltopright
Odd road features? Ideas requested...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Odd road features? Ideas requested... Reply with quote

We have a series we've been building that has caches at or near odd, unusual or downright strange road features (abandoned road sections, four lane roads that run right up to a fence, road sections that run right up to embankments for railway overpasses, turnabouts that appear to have no purpose, spots where the road changed, but our mapping software didnt). We've had some help - Adroit Seeker for example created one to add to our series also.

We need some more help, now with 8 caches placed in Surrey/Delta we've hit a point where we don't have too many more ideas of places to put more.

We're wondering if anyone else either has some ideas for places we can check out - or, wants to contribute new caches to the series themselves (the only thing we ask is that we get told about the cache in advance so that we can keep the numbering straight).

Anyone have any bright, or not so bright ideas?

Thanks!
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Odd road features? Ideas requested... Reply with quote

Gaglardi Way in North Burnaby runs into a bush. There was the mother of all turnpikes there at one time but a section has been abandoned. I've seen some work on the old tunpike lately so I'm not sure if the city is planning to reopen it.
wecksing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Odd road features? Ideas requested... Reply with quote

Scruff, if you're talking about the section in the Highway InterChange, that's all under "Gateway" construction. The "into the bush" section is for future works for the Stormont Connector (which may never happen), linking Gaglardi Way to Newcombe/16th area.

I'll have to put my thinking cap on for this odd road thing, because we've certainly come across a few over our years here...
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Odd road features? Ideas requested... Reply with quote

Yep, that's it. I seem to recall some opposition to the project in the 70s since it would have turned Newcombe's residential area into a major thoroughfare. Cariboo Road has since been upgraded.
IHCC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Odd road features? Ideas requested... Reply with quote

Im new & learning,but have a few perhaps interesting ideas
& perhaps a strange cache spot.I would like to fund/contribute
a cache or two or three.feel free to contact me 604 809 5459.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains
Page 1 of 1