CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Earthcaches and Letterbox hybrids
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Coin Sales  
Peach Arch
Peach Arch:  [?] . Erected in 1921 along the world's longest undefended border, the International Peace Arch is the first monument ever built in dedication of World peace. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Earthcaches and Letterbox hybrids
toplefttopfilltopright
Earthcaches and Letterbox hybrids
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Earthcaches and Letterbox hybrids Reply with quote

I know it is still possible to creat these kinds of caches, but the letterboxes, why are only some of them posted on the gc.com website. How would I create one? And the earth caches too, how would I create one of those?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Earthcaches and Letterbox hybrids Reply with quote

Letterboxes started seperately from geocaching, and a while ago, they made it so that people can list their letterbox on geocaching.com as well.
There's more to it, but I gotta go!
Oliverthenakedbear

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Earthcaches and Letterbox hybrids Reply with quote

Speaking of different cache types, what are project APE caches? Can they still be created?
vanislelady

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Earthcaches and Letterbox hybrids Reply with quote

Earthcaches are created elsewhere and then posted to geocaching.com and transferred to your name..
go here:Earthcache.org
doingitoldschool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Earthcaches and Letterbox hybrids Reply with quote

Project APE caches were created as a promotion for the movie The Planet of the Apes, along with the studio, of course. There is only one left in the USA - right near Seattle and the coming Geowoodstock.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Earthcaches and Letterbox hybrids Reply with quote

say I wanted to create a letterbox, would I do that on the letterboxing website? Then transfer it to gc.com?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Earthcaches and Letterbox hybrids Reply with quote

When we created our Letterbox caches we made them work for the gc.com guidelines and then cross posted one of them on the letterboxing site. We have NEVER had a visit from the folks who supposedly letterbox, but we have had numerous visits from the geocachers.
gearhedd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Earthcaches and Letterbox hybrids Reply with quote

I have a few letterboxs and more to come, I like to tie in a theme to a cache, history, location, classic tv show, you name it.. So you want to do lets say a "BEAR" themed cache. You could have bear swag, bear puzzle but with a letterbox you could carve a bear stamp or buy a pre made one.
It's just that easy...Letterbox Hybrids only need a stamp, letterbox direction are nice as well. None of my letterboxes have been on the letterbox site.

Funny I made a tribute to the APE caches and it's a letterbos hybrid.. LOL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Earthcaches and Letterbox hybrids Reply with quote

Do I need to have a stamp???(if its only on the gc website)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Earthcaches and Letterbox hybrids Reply with quote

In the tradition of the type of cache yes. Otherwise you would simply make the cache a traditional and leave it at that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Earthcaches and Letterbox hybrids Reply with quote

I just created one so good thing I had a stamp.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1