CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Columbia Ice Fields
Columbia Ice Fields:  [?] . The entrance is in Alberta, but a good part of this is in B.C. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES
toplefttopfilltopright
Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tulameen_Turtles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
**snarfle** I actually took a look at the turtle's card and I did laugh. I laughed very hard. They got one out of six right. Another could be given to them but it's a stretch.

Ok I gave it another try - so perhaps you may not laugh as bad (pease don't deduct for attempted cheat attempt that CB spanked me for.. )

But please pretty please check the card.. I'll be nice to you in the dunk tank!
curnew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Can my card be checked please?... Smile
scruffster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

**teehee** The cat is out of the bag now. Yes, the puppet masters get alerts if anyone tries to hack into the BCGA website to find other bingo pictures. I've received a few CHEATING emails. Yes, you know who you are, you bad bad bad cheaters. The thing is, I know who you are too.
The_Pollywog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Sounds like grounds for disqualification.
5KingCachers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Just to clarify. How many times will you check a card before calling bingo?? The way I am reading it it is only once.
scruffster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

I'll give everybody one courtesy check beofre calling BINGO but I will also check the card again any time Bingo is called.
5KingCachers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

thank you very much. I am still to nervous to find out how many I have wrong
The_Pollywog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

I guess I blew my one shot at a legit check hehe
kpnieder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

scruffster, when you get a free moment, could you please check over my card...thanks
hawk-dive

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Well I have the four lines but not all the answers. Not getting this game very good. I guess I don't geocache enough. LOL
5KingCachers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Could I please have my card checked. Only if the Bingo from CaribuRoo,SkiNut and Crew is not good. Thanks a bunch
Afternoonshift

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Could you please check our card when you have a moment. Thanks.
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

5kingCachers & Afternoonshift's cards checked.
katcogo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Can we continue this game to a full card just for fun and then have all the puzzles and solutions revealed? This one is really making me think!
5KingCachers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

katcogo wrote:
Can we continue this game to a full card just for fun and then have all the puzzles and solutions revealed? This one is really making me think!

I must admit I love this idea Smile And thanks for checking my card man I thought I was doing better than that Smack
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Don't shoot the messenger!!! **snarfle**

Please note that if I am saying it is wrong, it means that 90% of the other players are getting it right. So, the clue can't be all that off. Remember that they are common terms in geocaching.

We can keep the draws running. No problem there. But once the game is won, it's won. No additional prizes. Since there are more clues than spaces on the bingo card, I'll post the pictures with the CORRECT answers. That way everyone can see what a nice guy I am for giving people the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited by scruffster on Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
hollyburn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

please check my card, let's see how much my brain works differently from a skunk.
Mumsy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Would you please check our card if there is no Bingo Win. Toast Thanks.
5KingCachers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

I would never shoot the messenger. I have already changed a couple you know sometimes when you look at it over and over it is nothing then all of a sudden it like duh should have figured that out the first time lol. I really like this Bingo not only is it fun but it helps people brush up on thier geocaching terms. Thanks again for putting this one on.
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Hollyburn's card checked
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Mumsy's card checked.
Mumsy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Thanks, Scruffster. Looks like the gray matter needs more massaging... Lightbulb
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

5KingCachers wrote:
I would never shoot the messenger. I have already changed a couple you know sometimes when you look at it over and over it is nothing then all of a sudden it like duh should have figured that out the first time lol. I really like this Bingo not only is it fun but it helps people brush up on thier geocaching terms. Thanks again for putting this one on.

Hey, there's a lot of people that want to shoot the skunk. **teehee**
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

kpneider's card checked.
katcogo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Well, I WON'T ask to have my card checked because I have such a
l o n g way still to go. The upside is that I have had LOTS of time between my MEAGER draws that I have been able to review and (hopefully) correct any errors. Like when I was going to email a non-BCGA member for help - I was describing the picture and - I got it!
5KingCachers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Now I really am on pins and needles knowing someone is only one away. Good Gravy Grey Pajama's I need more squares hehehe Very Happy
adroit_seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Card check please Kiss
scruffster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

adroit_seeker's card checked.
curnew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
adroit_seeker's card checked.
Whose skunk does one have to run over in order to get their card checked!?
Razz

Jeff
scruffster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

curnew's card checked
scruffster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

There are several people that could win at any minute. Oh my.
hollyburn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

If only we could think like a skunk and get more squares! Smack
hollyburn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

If only we could think like a skunk and get more squares! Smack
scruffster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

If you could think like a skunk you wouldn't have to say it twice. **teehee**

Poor Caribou Roo et al. is so close but one puzzle is causing problems.
Derlwyn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

...getting closer.

Wondering if you can give my card a courtesy check please.

Hopefully I can get lucky with one more draw before a Bingo is confirmed.
Princessj

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Could you please check my card
blamber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Food for thought:

Shouldn't the cards of players that called bingo only be checked once between draws. Like that there is a chance for everybody else to catch up. ( and therefore the possible punishment of beeing beat by another player)
adroit_seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

blamber wrote:
Food for thought:

Shouldn't the cards of players that called bingo only be checked once between draws. Like that there is a chance for everybody else to catch up. ( and therefore the possible punishment of beeing beat by another player)

I think that blamber has a good point - it would allow others a chance to call bingo, and allow the one who is stuck on one or more some time to "sleep on it", and give the moderator a break.
Perhaps limit the number of times you can call bingo between draws to two.

Before anyone comes back and says I am just saying this so that I can have a better chance of winning should realize that I too have called Bingo – so if this was put into effect right now I would be in the same boat as all the others who have already called Bingo.
Tulameen_Turtles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

I concur!! But first - can we get a reminder on when the draws are? I sit here on pins and needles wondering when my 1 that I need will be called.. lol and also banging head about the 1 that I can't figure out.. lol Anybody else want to admit how many geocaching lexicons & lists of terms that they've gone through in search of something that might match a clue..

And how many OMG moments when you shake your head when you figure it out going - Skunky going to get a good dunk for making you go crazy
5KingCachers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

makes sense to me. And yes I would also like to know when the draw times are that way I can close my computer in between draws lol and my F5 button can have a break lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion
Page 3 of 5