CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Revelstoke
Revelstoke:  [?] . Carved Grizzlies frame a town square in Revelstoke. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES
toplefttopfilltopright
Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scruffster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Game #5 will be a puzzle consisting of Wacky Wordies and picture puzzles.

Wacky Wordies is a time-honoured word game using text and fonts to describe a common phrase. Picture puzzles use the same reasoning. All "wordies" or pictures in this BINGO game will describe a common phrase or word used in geocaching in general or geocaching in British Columbia.

To fill the squares, contestants must correctly identify the puzzle and write the answer in the "notes" section of their board. In the scrolldown bar, please use "other ref" in this game, and put your answer in the notes/answer box.

This game will be "tic tac toe" which traditionally describes two vertical and two horizontal lines surrounding the free square. For this game, we will be allowing any TWO vertical and TWO horizontal lines. Four squares will be shared. A minimum of sixteen squares will be needed.

Last edited by scruffster on Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
katcogo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Hmm . . . I'm wondering if now that we are understanding CB's MO that we now have a new puppet master to figure out. . .
scruffster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Yep, someone else has the strings. We can't get you too comfortable. Psssst. This puzzle will be easy in comparrison to the last one.

And for this game, people will be allowed to call bingo more than once. But I can't say that the puppet masters will get to you for corrections before the next person calls bingo. We will just say one wrong, two wrong etc. It will be up to you to figure out what you did wrong. **teehee** No definite hints.
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Game On!!!

geocachinggecko.blogspot.com/
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

I quite like the first one!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Please use the 'other ref' drop down when recording your answers, and put your answer in the notes/answer box. No need for the ID box to be used.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

I'd just like to say THANKYOU to all involved in creating and monitoring these Bingo games! This has been soooo much fun and I can hardly wait for the next draw to happen Very Happy It's just as addictive as geocaching itself! I can't seem to stop Shocked
scruffster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words. CB and I have enjoyed designing and hosting the BINGO games for the BCGA. It appears that BINGO is quite popular. Out of the 100 people that grab a card every game there are no less than 50 active players. When I say "active" I mean people that actually fill out more than four or five squares. There seems to be an ever-increasing group that seem to fill out every square the minute there is a draw. You know who you are.

Good luck with the game.
CaribuRoo,SkiNut and Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: Call Game #5 HERE Reply with quote

Sorry ... just a quick question ... there are no cache numbers for these ones, right ... so we just put our answers in the "Notes" box?
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: Call Game #5 HERE Reply with quote

No geocaches involved in this BINGO. Just choose "other ref" in the scrolldown bar and type in the answer in the "notes" box. Good luck.
The_Pollywog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

The ability to see a larger version of the image might be handy for some of these new ones. Can barely see the detail on some.
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Sorry about the detail. The size you see is actual size. There is no larger version. Unless you're looking at the bingo card through an ipod sized screen, the pictures should be clear enough to decipher the clues. If it is any consolation, everyone is looking at the same thing so everyone has an equal chance.
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

I'm quite surprised how quickly people are getting some of the harder clues. Geocachers are intelligent people -- well, at least the Bingo playing geocachers. I don't think I've seen a wrong answer yet. Then again, I haven't looked at EVERYONE's card so don't get to confident.
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Now if we can only get the "puppet masters" to remove the magic button that holds back squares of previous winners! It's a conspiracy Jester

Geck

_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

I charge $90/hour for custom programming.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Squares of Previous Winner?????

Heck I am a previous looser (by a purple hair) Shifty and I only have two squares up.... it's a conspiracy alright LOL Jester

Keep them coming!!
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Iflyrc2 wrote:
Squares of Previous Winner?????

Heck I am a previous looser (by a purple hair) Shifty and I only have two squares up.... it's a conspiracy alright LOL Jester

Keep them coming!!

OK Telly Monster,

You may want to try the Sesame Street version of Bingo! Jester

RVTraveller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

CB - please send bank account info Wink
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

RVTraveller wrote:
CB - please send bank account info Wink

Hey! That's my retirement fund! Yuck

Geck

CaribuRoo,SkiNut and Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Well if my card is any indication so far ... I certainly won't be winning this game either ... 9 draws and I still only have the centre square revealed. *sigh* Maybe things will change tomorrow ...
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

My card is great so far. Too bad I can't win.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

CaribuRoo,SkiNut and Crew wrote:
Well if my card is any indication so far ... I certainly won't be winning this game either ... 9 draws and I still only have the centre square revealed. *sigh* Maybe things will change tomorrow ...

5th game , a complex pattern, and you gotta know by now that later you'll get hits, when others don't. Don't count yourself out yet. I just got my first hit on last draw.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

sooo just to be clear are these phrases GEO related??
Iflyrc2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

r0adki1l wrote:
sooo just to be clear are these phrases GEO related??
Yes
Iflyrc2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Are these draws at the same times as the last game? 2,6,10 etc.... You do realize that we plan our day around the draws Laughing
Restless10101

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

What's the prize for going the longest without getting anything on your card?
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Restless10101 wrote:
You will receive... Patience.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Quote::
All "wordies" or pictures in this BINGO game will describe a common phrase or word used in geocaching in general or geocaching in British Columbia

hehe when you put that there lol Party Hat (DuNCE cAP)
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Hey CB,

We need a countdown clock for the next square release!!!! That way we can sit back and count down the seconds every four hours followed by the big let down groan! Jester

Gecko

Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

OK, I rushed back to the house for the 6pm draw only to be let down again Crying or Very sad

That's it! I'm boycotting pork products...................until breakfast Laughing

Gecko

nenners

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

_canadianbacon_ wrote:
Restless10101 wrote:
You will receive... Patience.

Patienice is a virtue. Virtue is a grace. Grace is a naughty girl who never washed her face.

PS do NOT ever say this to your grandmother when her name is Grace.
vanislelady

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

ssssssssshhhhhhhh...it's verry, verry, quiet.........
scruffster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

It will be a lot more quiet after Wacky Wordies as it will be the last BINGO game for a while. The games have gone quicker than expected and the BCGA can't really afford to hand out prizes every two weeks.

So, unless there is a major backlash -- which I doubt -- we'll be closing down BINGO for a while. The other alternative is to either reduce or stop handing out physical prizes.

BINGO has been very popular and it might be fun to generate some anticipation for the next game.
scruffster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

...or there is another solution. Slow down the draws to every six hours or once a day.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Or get sponsors, who create the games, and have the prizes,
or have members create games, but only prize is the Glory of having your name on the winners board.

It takes a lot of work to create these things.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

We thought of sponsors for BINGO but if the BCGA got any profit for the game itself it could be seen by the powers that be to be a gambling venture. Then we'd have to get a license for each game. Besides, the BCGA has a lot of advertising on the website. It's kinda nice to have a place where our members aren't inundated with ads.
katcogo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

Prizes??? We are playing for prizes???

Oh right . . . that would be for the people who actually WIN!!

Speaking for myself and I am sure shared by all others playing that we truly appreciate the time commitment put in by the puppeteers to set up the games, maintain them, answer questions, and check cards. Thanks so much to Scruffster and CB.

I really love playing the games - shakes some of the cobwebs loose but sure cuts into actual caching time.

I would be happy with a one a day draw, and who needs prizes when there is glory and bragging rights at stake? Of course if you want to give it a break for a bit I am OK with that too.

Thanks again Kiss
RVTraveller

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

I for one would be very happy without any prizes! I just like to play!
Restless10101

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

How much PATIENCE can one person have?!?! 0 for 23!
Tulameen_Turtles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 5 -- WACKY WORDIES Reply with quote

The pupeteer should be dunked in a tank & I'll pay for anyone who can do it.. lol

I do have a few finally on this drawing - but of course we know he sits back laughing at us going *bwaahahahahah***

When I go to figure one out the only thing I can make out of it is "Huckle-Buckle-Beanstalk "

And I don't think that's the answer he's looking for..

I'll get you and your mini-scruff my pretty***

Now off to work on something I know I can make progress on - the designs for a dunk tank.. does it have to be filled with water? Or can I fill it with the same stuff in the tree for fearcaching.. (evil glint) - no reply needed I'll figure it out..
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion
Page 1 of 5