CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Game #3 - "Double Cross"
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Kermode Bear
Kermode Bear:  [?] . In the far reaches of B.C. the Kermode bear is a genetically-unique subspecies of black bear found in the central coast. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Game #3 - "Double Cross"
toplefttopfilltopright
Game #3 - "Double Cross"

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

This is not exactly like bingo. There are not set items per letter.
There are 30(ish) tasks which randomly fill up your 25 spaces.

The draws can draw any of the 30 items, under BINGO.. SO it takes a lot longer.

Technically it could be 30*5 (150) to fulfill every possibility, but I doubt it will get that far.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Having great fun with the riddles! Would have even more fun if a few more of the 12 not-green-yet squares on my card could be drawn before someone gets a blackout! Touque
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Did I mention that I have a bad card??? **sob**
Iflyrc2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Thanks CB for the reply and explanation.

I suspect it will take a lot longer than most people think to get the blackout. With 8 squares left on our card we are getting depressed with every draw that does not produce an oppourtunity to "dob" Laughing

This bingo game will be a great addition to our caching days ahead. Just have to make sure we have connectivity... or a Starbucks close by Jester
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Iflyrc2 wrote:
Thanks CB for the reply and explanation.

I suspect it will take a lot longer than most people think to get the blackout. With 8 squares left on our card we are getting depressed with every draw that does not produce an oppourtunity to "dob" Laughing

This bingo game will be a great addition to our caching days ahead. Just have to make sure we have connectivity... or a Starbucks close by Jester

Hey Mrs. IFlyRC2,

I'll show you how to properly dab your Bingo card tonight. What color do you want? Touque

The Geck

geocachinggecko.blogspot.com/
Mrs_Landsharkz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Does Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat really have a black out?

I have 4 squares left to uncover for the blackout - is that good or are others closer?
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

No one has a blackout that i've seen. With 4 you are in the running.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Mrs_Landsharkz wrote:
Does Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat really have a black out?

I have 4 squares left to uncover for the blackout - is that good or are others closer?
I wish I had a blackout, I still have 4 uncovered squares and 10 questions to answer because I'm too lazy to want to figure them out.(that, and they're sometimes confusing for me Wink )

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

3 squares to go...unless I count the unsolved one in my O1 box. Party Hat (dunce cap, not party hat). Still hoping to crack the code.
Mr Kaswa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Well now this is exciting! (not too exciting... I still need 2 squares.....dont give up yet! Smile

If I understand correctly if I call bingo for the blackout with a mistake or two not only will there be no help, like in the double cross, but I will just be out?

Thanks for the game, darn good fun Very Happy
Mr Kaswa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Hmm, didnt mean to sound quite so optimistic there Very Happy
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Mr Kaswa wrote:
Well now this is exciting! (not too exciting... I still need 2 squares.....dont give up yet! Smile

If I understand correctly if I call bingo for the blackout with a mistake or two not only will there be no help, like in the double cross, but I will just be out?

Thanks for the game, darn good fun Very Happy
Only once chance to call a bingo. Re-read the forumn to get the just of what the squares are about. Its LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION.. not a particular cache. Some locations have many caches that qualify. Make sure you use the 'notes' part to say what the clue points to ie: 'West Edmonton Mall' (no that is not in the deck, just an example'.

NONE OF THE CLUES POINT TO A SPECIFIC CACHE. ALL OF THE LOCATIONS ARE FAMOUS. Though some may not be well known to all, but easily findable if you get the general area.

The reason for a one chance is that the Association does not have an endless supply of coins. Each game should last around 3 weeks. Since this game was a continuation of the previous, and many cards would have been drawn to get double cross, we wanted to make try stretch it out more than 1 week past double cross. Hence, one chance to call bingo.

Last edited by _canadianbacon_ on Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

2 squares and a whole bunch to fill out. I guess I should have joined the geography club in grade 7. Shifty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

So yes then.
Chewy_06

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

After hitting another stumping box, I decided to look at my card to assess my chances before I get too upset about not being able to figure out the devilish clue. Turns out, not only do i think i should be far behind, i still havent hit the darned double cross yet!

Argh!
Mumsy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Still 3 more squares....still don't have a double cross... Nut
hollyburn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Finally got 2 squares today after days without getting any. I have 3 to go and still no double cross either. I have a couple that I'm having trouble with so likely no bingo anytime soon.
katcogo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Down to 3 "to be revealed" but have one revealed that has me stumped. It sounded geeky enough to bring in my brother-in-law who (I hope) completely overthought it, and downloaded a translation program that seems to have crashed his system. From reading the thread it seems to have stumped several others as well.

Any chance of a "better" clue on that one? Sob
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

I'm feeling the pressure. 1 square still uncovered and 9 squares left to figure out. (them evil piggies!!!)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

I'm down to one square left to uncover! I've got them all answered, but I have some squares where my answers leave me very queasy Sick
curnew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Sad I'm still waiting for 4 squares.... I too have all others solved and feel confident with all my answers. Smile
hollyburn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Two more to go and blackout has been called. Best of luck. The real reward is finding all of these fantastic places I would like to cache in some day. And I even learned a few things along the way.
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

The game is still in play until CanadianBacon calls a winner. Good luck to all players.
QuigleyJones

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

I have a full card maybe I should start figuring out what the squares are.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

I suggest you do, Quigley. And get them right. CanadianBacon is very strict. Heh heh heh.
jangor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Just wondering if the game has been suspended as there don't seem to have been any draws since yesterday some time. Game is stuck at 135.

Push that button Scruffy. At least 3 draws were missed.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Yes, a small bug where when all choices were already draw on a letter (B is like that) then it would not try another letter.

I have done two manual draws to make up for it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Oh my. It's amazing how people get anxious -- especially at BINGO call time. **teehee** I didn't even notice that there were no draws. Interesting to note that all the B's were done. Way cool.
jangor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

A Skunk be a skunk.

A piggy be a piggy;

and a BUG be a BUG.

Better to get them out of the way. Smile
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

I never expected to have to draw a full card when I originally wrote the drawing logic and throw in the free square, that can't be drawn anywhere else and we get.... blank draws.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

the program is shooting blank draws?

A skunk be a skunk

A pig be a pig

and jaguars, well shoot, I won't say it.

On to the next game. Yep yep yep yep yep.
hawk-dive

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

Just wondering if CB will show us the answers to the last game. It would be nice to know how we all did ??
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Game #3 - "Double Cross" Reply with quote

The answers are posted here: www.bcgeocaching.com/i...5455#15455
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion
Page 4 of 4