CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» News Article Discussions —» Hike up to Cheam
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Nelson B.C.
Nelson B.C.:  [?] . A town where time has seemingly stood still. Turn-of-the-century ambiance lingers in every corner. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» News Article Discussions —» Hike up to Cheam
toplefttopfilltopright
Hike up to Cheam
Topics will be autocreated here when someone clicks on the "start the discussion" links in news items.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» News Article Discussions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
geo_canuck77

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Hike up to Cheam Reply with quote

My name is Taylor, I'm 14 years old. My favorite caching memory so far is 'GC1F94M CHEAM'. My dad had only been caching for a month and a new cache came out at the top of Mount Cheam. We had never hiked Cheam but wanted to, so we decided to hike up and try to get FTF. It was a nice day out when we started the hike with my dad, brother and grandma. By the time we got close to the top the clouds had moved in on us and started to rain. When we got to the cache location it was raining allot and we were getting cold, unfortunately we didn't get an view because of the clouds. As we were new to caching it took us a while to find the cache but after around 15 mins of looking we finally got it and the FTF!

Mount Cheam is still my favorite hike and I've hiked it 2 more times since that day. Every time I look up at Mount Cheam I think about that day.

What I'm doing to reduce carbon is walk or bike to school and back every day instead of my parents driving me.   full article.
Gorgeous Grandma

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Hike up to Cheam Reply with quote

Taylor, you are right it was an incredible day. It was my first time up to the top of Mt Cheam as well, even though as a child I saw it through my kitchen window every day. I remember how you and Jacob did the hike with never a complaint, even when it started raining and we were getting cold. I have some great pictures and memories of that day and am thrilled to have shared it with you. Gorgeous Grandma
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» News Article Discussions
Page 1 of 1