CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Why I don't get to South Surrey Much anymore
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Sphinx Tunnel
Sphinx Tunnel:  [?] . Located on the outskirks of Greenwood, a rail underpass was unearthed during construction of a new highway creating a sphinx-like ruin along the Trans Canada Trail. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Why I don't get to South Surrey Much anymore
toplefttopfilltopright
Why I don't get to South Surrey Much anymore
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Why I don't get to South Surrey Much anymore Reply with quote

No wonder I don't get here too often. This is my personal opinion, take it for what it's worth. Of course it is my choice on what I want to do with my time, but heck, this seems a bit out-of-whack.

Caches I can do in area:

Now with Caches I can't do because I'd rather be finding caches outside, than sitting at a computer for hours on end.

I'm not saying I don't enjoy the occasional puzzle, i've certainly created a few in my day, but should not part of an approvers job be to not let an area be over-burdened with this many puzzles? They often don't allow regular caches to over-populate an area.

I love caching in this area and I miss doing so.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Why I don't get to South Surrey Much anymore Reply with quote

Looks like you still have 18 traditionals to do. That is certainly worth the 15 minute drive south. Look at all the fun you can have this winter when you are snowed in up north there. LOL.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Why I don't get to South Surrey Much anymore Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, I totally respect the effort and do have fun with puzzles.

It's just as you say, when you make the effort to get out somewhere you want more than a handful to do. That's why I let the 'regulars' build up. Looks like a nice Autumn day of caching in South Surrey/White Rock soon. Smile

Perhaps when I am snowbound in Fraser Heights I can spend some time on these puzzles, and exercise my brain, thus delaying the early onset of Alzheimer's.

I really do enjoy getting to the area, as the weather is often nice, and there is some fantastic views, and good Fish & Chips too.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Why I don't get to South Surrey Much anymore Reply with quote

Well said CB We are currently protesting all puzzle caches unless the owner takes us to the cache or we are able to follow another cacher . Any vollunteers? Summer is to short to solve puzzles.
doingitoldschool

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Why I don't get to South Surrey Much anymore Reply with quote

Maybe there is a connection between the ratio of puzzles and the median age of the area, which is about 78, isn't it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1