CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» cacherstats.com "Reported Attack Site"
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Hatley Gardens
Hatley Gardens:  [?] . The largest, intact Edwardian gardens in Canada are found at Hatley Castle, a historic, 565 acre estate that is now Royal Roads University. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» cacherstats.com "Reported Attack Site"
toplefttopfilltopright
cacherstats.com "Reported Attack Site"
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pharmadude

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: cacherstats.com "Reported Attack Site" Reply with quote

Just got this when I tried to log into cacherstats.com

"This web site at www.cacherstats.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences."

Anyone know anything about this?
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: cacherstats.com "Reported Attack Site" Reply with quote

Google keeps track of sites that it finds that has malicious software that is installed without user consent. Firefox references this database whenever you go to a website and throws that warning up for the bad sites.

safebrowsing.clients.g...stats.com/

info about safe browsing with Firefox: www.mozilla.com/en-US/...rotection/
Pharmadude

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: cacherstats.com "Reported Attack Site" Reply with quote

So does that mean this site is not safe? Is the site itself a problem? Obviously it has been harvesting data from geocaching.com. Is this the problem? Or does it mean the site is a victim of malicious attack from outside?
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: cacherstats.com "Reported Attack Site" Reply with quote

By the sounds of it, it is not the site itself, but probably a malicious banner ad or something similar.
Xtremeskier1978

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: cacherstats.com "Reported Attack Site" Reply with quote

I too was just in cacherstats and got the same message. It says that an outside source may have installed malware into the sites without the consent of the actual site itself. I'm running anitvirus just to be safe.
Cyclepath_Cacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: cacherstats.com "Reported Attack Site" Reply with quote

I'm getting that warning going to BC rankings???
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: cacherstats.com "Reported Attack Site" Reply with quote

That's cause the BC rankings are hosted at cacherstats.com Mr. Green
scruffster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: cacherstats.com "Reported Attack Site" Reply with quote

In order to protect members that may not have the latest anti virus protection, it might be an idea for the BCGA to disable the BC statistics link until the problem is resolved.
Catapult Jeff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: cacherstats.com "Reported Attack Site" Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
In order to protect members that may not have the latest anti virus protection, it might be an idea for the BCGA to disable the BC statistics link until the problem is resolved.
Ok I think I did just that Scruffy. If I did it right you shouldn't be able to see it. Baconboy is on vacation so you just got me. I know run for the hills because I have keys to the system.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: cacherstats.com "Reported Attack Site" Reply with quote

Good job, Mr. Catapult Jeff. I don't see the link right now.

Now that CanadianBacon is gone you can change the web site's theme to unicorns and rainbows. **snarfle**
Catapult Jeff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: cacherstats.com "Reported Attack Site" Reply with quote

Or give you something special under your little skunky picture like last year. No little piggys or stars. Hehehehe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: cacherstats.com "Reported Attack Site" Reply with quote

After all that work it looks like the threat is over. Checked out cacherstats today and the warning is gone.
Catapult Jeff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: cacherstats.com "Reported Attack Site" Reply with quote

So like now I have to figure out what I did and turn the link back on. Let's see, Ctrl Alt Del nope that wasn't it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: cacherstats.com "Reported Attack Site" Reply with quote

Yes, the ban has now been lifted from what I can see. Thanks Mr. Catapult Jeff for taking action. The link may now be reinstated.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: cacherstats.com "Reported Attack Site" Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:

Now that CanadianBacon is gone you can change the web site's theme to unicorns and rainbows. **snarfle**

I am gone? When did that happen? I feel like Paula Abdul and American Idol! Ok Ok. I'll do it for only 2.5 Million a year. Sad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: cacherstats.com "Reported Attack Site" Reply with quote

Hey! Go back on vacation buddy! Remember this was your week off. Bear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: cacherstats.com "Reported Attack Site" Reply with quote

**sigh** The warning is up again.
Catapult Jeff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: cacherstats.com "Reported Attack Site" Reply with quote

Ok, I took it away again. Let me know when that site is safe.

Page 1 of 1