CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» My Colorado crashed
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
More Roadside Attractions
More Roadside Attractions:  [?] . Caribou Sam in Cache Creek [M | C]  Largest Burr in Port McNeil [M | C]  The Peach in Penticton [M | C]  Smokey Bear in Revelstoke [M | C]  Orcas in Victoria [M | C]  Bathtub in Nanaimo [M | C]  Largest Cuckoo in Kimberley [M | C]  The Head in Revelstoke [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» My Colorado crashed
toplefttopfilltopright
My Colorado crashed
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyclepath_Cacher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: My Colorado crashed Reply with quote

My Colorado crashed today while out caching. I've never had that happen before. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm going to go to the Garmin site to see if that will help. If not, I'll have to go back to the Legend CX untill I can get this figured out.
savant9

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: My Colorado crashed Reply with quote

What does it do now? If it says system software missing, you may be able to fix it yourself. Check out g-o-cachers website for lots of awesome tips...
garmincolorado.wikispaces.com/

specifically check here---> garmincolorado.wikispa...eous#toc10
geo_canuck77

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: My Colorado crashed Reply with quote

Yup mine crashed all the time that is one reason I returned it. It would then freeze up every I tried to restart it. If this happens try removing the memory card and starting it back up.
Cyclepath_Cacher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: My Colorado crashed Reply with quote

I'm getting a dark screen with GARMIN in the middle and 3 small lines at the bottom, and then it stops. I'll go to those links. TX
Julebear

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: My Colorado crashed Reply with quote

That happened with my new Oregon. I was unable to fix it through the usual channels, so I had to return it. Luckily, it was within the 30 day limit and GPS City replaced it.
d-onion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: My Colorado crashed Reply with quote

Is this a common occurrence? I was thinking of getting an Oregon 550, but I wouldn't pay that kind of money knowing that they seem to crash.
Cyclepath_Cacher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: My Colorado crashed Reply with quote

I've had it about a year with no problems.
couloir

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: My Colorado crashed Reply with quote

We bougt one when it first came out. Before the flash updates from the Garmin site, mine was crashing regularly. With all the updates loaded, it works fine now.
dloubert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: My Colorado crashed Reply with quote

Sometimes while starting my Colorado it will freeze at the Garmin opening screen. I just remove and replace the batteries and it works fine after that. That's the only glitch I have found with this unit.(Other than the crappy screen lighting) Yuck The software is current so its running the latest update.
Cyclepath_Cacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: My Colorado crashed Reply with quote

I've had minor crashes before, but not a coma. Garmin says it's under warranty so I have to send it to Laval, Que. to get it repaired. Oddly enough, it was exactly 3 days pased the 1 year anniversary of it's purchase. I'm thankful that Garmin is covering the warranty. Now we'll just see how long it takes to get fixed. Two Cents
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1