CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Geowoodstock VIII
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Grizzly Cubs
Grizzly Cubs:  [?] . Grizzy Bear Cubs [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Geowoodstock VIII
toplefttopfilltopright
Geowoodstock VIII
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bcrockcrawler

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Geowoodstock VIII Reply with quote

Holy smokes, GWS VIII is going to be near Seattle for 2010. Circle July 3rd on your calender. The cache page is already up and can be viewed here

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Geowoodstock VIII Reply with quote

Oh cam't wait that is going to be so much fun!!!!!!!! Party Hat

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Geowoodstock VIII Reply with quote

Oh no!!! How does one choose between GWVIII and The Great Copper Rush?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
tjguy98

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Geowoodstock VIII Reply with quote

goaliegirl38 wrote:
Oh no!!! How does one choose between GWVIII and The Great Copper Rush?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Easy one for me.....I go where ever the Turtles go to party.... Party Hat

MaliBooBoo

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Geowoodstock VIII Reply with quote

I am sure COWWS was unaware of the conflict. Someone should let them know so they can reschedule their Event. lol. If not, I can hazard a guess and say that many BCer's will be in Princeton that weekend. Like tjguy said, if that's where the Turtles are, then that's where I will be, mega event or not.
MaliBooBoo

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Geowoodstock VIII Reply with quote

I spoke with Kris and Jordy at the cabin and informed them of the scheduling and location of GWVIII. They decided quite quickly that they will change the timing of the Great Copper Rush to avoid this conflict. They didn't want anyone to miss out on going to a nearby Mega and actually will be wanting to go to that themselves as well. They wanted me to post this to the forums so people would know right away.

Phewwwww! Now we'll have the best of both worlds!
goaliegirl38

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Geowoodstock VIII Reply with quote

YAY!!!!!! The Turtles Rock!!!!
Catapult Jeff

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Geowoodstock VIII Reply with quote

Being I have been to a GeoWoodstock and a now to the GREATEST event ever held in BC I would have gone with the Turtles. By far a Turtle multi day event is way more fun than GeoWoodstock. For those that didn't get up to Tulameen I would make Princeton your vacation spot next year. I know it will be even better.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Geowoodstock VIII Reply with quote

We will be at woodstock & would like to do the ape cache that weekend as well - I'm thinking that those of us that are confirmed to go to Woodstock should all get together and pick a hotel and book soon so we can be close? As well anyone up for the ape cache?
goaliegirl38

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Geowoodstock VIII Reply with quote

If I don't get a chance to do the APE cache when I'm down there for the KC concert this August then I'll definitely be in for doing it for GW!!!

I was planning on looking into hotels in the Bellevue areaat least for the Friday and Saturday night, might stay up at Skagit for Wednesday and Thursday night. Booking early would be a good idea since it is July 4th weekend!
goaliegirl38

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Geowoodstock VIII Reply with quote

Catapult Jeff wrote:
Being I have been to a GeoWoodstock and a now to the GREATEST event ever held in BC I would have gone with the Turtles. By far a Turtle multi day event is way more fun than GeoWoodstock. For those that didn't get up to Tulameen I would make Princeton your vacation spot next year. I know it will be even better.

I second this!!! I did way more caching and had way more fun in Tulameen than at GW6. Waiting in line to sign the log just kind of kills the fun of caching! But it is still a really unique experience and worth checking out! I'll be there!
Love Bugs

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Geowoodstock VIII Reply with quote

The APE cache is one not to be missed. We have done it twice and I would not hesitate to do it again. A great cache and lots of other caches on the way that are alot of fun. As for Geowoodstock we will be there, Right now I do not know if it will be for the weekend or just for the day, as the time grows closer we will make up our minds. Also depends if we have out of country geo-guests. All in all we are looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Geowoodstock VIII Reply with quote

Oh I was so going to be with the Turtles, but of course they ROCK! so now we can do both!!!!!
I can't wait till next year. Such a rockin' weekend was had in Tulameen, and now we get Geowoodstock and Princeton Copper Rush...right on!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Geowoodstock VIII Reply with quote

As always im months behind in everything. I told the wife...we dont need passports, why spend all that money on a passport just to cross the border... Guess who will be in the kitchen cooking a nice meal before I bring up the idea of getting a passport.../hangshead. /sighs. well, Id like to go and if we can wing the time off work. Some newbie questions. Is this a day event???? How is the Lets get a hotel for the group going???? Can we hire a minister and surprise the tulameen turtles so we can all attend the wedding????(jk on the minister thing)

Oli
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Geowoodstock VIII Reply with quote

Enhanced License is way cheaper than passport. Maybe look at that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Geowoodstock VIII Reply with quote

The event website should be up in a week and hotel group rates are being looked into. I got the scoop today while doing some of the Vancouver Cache Machine.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: Geowoodstock VIII Reply with quote

Love Bugs wrote:
The APE cache is one not to be missed. We have done it twice and I would not hesitate to do it again. A great cache and lots of other caches on the way that are alot of fun. As for Geowoodstock we will be there, Right now I do not know if it will be for the weekend or just for the day, as the time grows closer we will make up our minds. Also depends if we have out of country geo-guests. All in all we are looking forward to it.

Hi over there -
1. GW is a one-day-event - only the 3rd of July 2009
2. In Bell Buckle / TN at GW VII - we where more than 4.000 cachers from all over the world. As there are more in Carnation, they should use traffic-lights in front of the APE-tunnel ... Laughing Laughing Laughing
3. The week before ( or after ) we're staying in Vancouver - making a roundtrip to the north ( Powell River ), west ( Nanaimo ) and south ( Victoria )
4. I'll be in Vancouver again in Sept. / Oct. 09

Hope, to see you all in Carnation / Wa.

spuchtfink & faltohr
( Tammo and Doris )
from
Bremen / Germany
- the city of the townmusicians
www.brementownmusicians.com/en/main
goaliegirl38

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Geowoodstock VIII Reply with quote

GW VIII site is up and running!!! Included are links to hotels offering group rates.

www.geowoodstock.com

Only a year to go!!!! Party Hat
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1