CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Regional —» Vancouver Island —» Cache that cannot be found...
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Mount Sheba
Mount Sheba:  [?] . Reminiscent of the temples of Egypt and Persia, the exotic landscape beckoned early pioneers to name the peak Mount Sheba. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Regional —» Vancouver Island —» Cache that cannot be found...
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
Cache that cannot be found...

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Vancouver Island

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Popoki_Iti

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Cache that cannot be found... Reply with quote

There have been a few attempts at "Playing Fowl on The Lake" near Lake Cowichan. Cachers with over 1000 finds have been unsuccessful, as have we --twice! (We are not in the high numbers...yet!) Unable to reach the cache owner, so would suggest putting this on your hold list. The cache has, unfortunately never been found since it was published.
Just a heads-up with the price of gas, and the journey time from Victoria. Cat
LordEd

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Cache that cannot be found... Reply with quote

If you would like reviewer action on this one, it needs some history. I'd recommend the following:

1. Post a "Needs Maintenance" note in the form "There have been plenty of DNF on this cache. Could it be gone or the coordinates wrong? Cache owner, please check on the cache".

2. If no action or response in a month, post a "Needs Archived".

3. If no action in a month, send mtn_man a message directly. I find that he doesn't always spot them, although it could be he just sees that its me posting an archive note and properly ignores my mad rantings.
Popoki_Iti

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache that cannot be found... Reply with quote

Thanks LordEd (or should I say "Your Worship Wink ?" I will post a needs maintenance note and see if anything transpires. I have already emailed mtn-man, but figure he must be too busy right now, so I will follow your advice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Vancouver Island
Page 1 of 1