CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BCGA —» Website Questions —» Help - your website is VERY hard to use
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Glass House
Glass House:  [?] . After 35 years in the Funeral business, David H. Brown built his retirement home with 500,000 embalming fluid bottles. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» BCGA —» Website Questions —» Help - your website is VERY hard to use
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
Help - your website is VERY hard to use
Questions, comments and suggestions about this website? Post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Website Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkvirani

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Help - your website is VERY hard to use Reply with quote

I was looking for Geocaches so I tried really hard to register and use the stie but I cant find my way around.

Also the banner scews up the layout everytime the page is rendered and the white text is often invisible ontop of the photo

The typefaces are all over the place, it is hard to read the text, perhaps you should have a web designer and interface designer look over the usability (I can volunteer)

The mail form was a pain, I forgot to enter my phone number and it lost all the previous data I entered.

Let me know if you want me to help at all, I dont make criticisms or suggestions without offering to help in any way I can.

So where do I find geocaches for my area code?
tjguy98

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Help - your website is VERY hard to use Reply with quote

Geocaches can be found at the geocaching.com web site; the BCGA web site is designed mostly as a way of sharing information among BC cachers, posting useful information and "tools" that cachers might want, as well as hosting forums for various topics and discussions, like this one.

www.geocaching.com is where you can search for caches in your area code....

BTW I haven't noticed any issues with the web site that you've mentioned. Perhaps you can identify what system and which browser you are using to help the web admins solve your issues...

Mach2003dead

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Help - your website is VERY hard to use Reply with quote

I love the banner art, it would be a sad day if it were removed to accommodate the menu placed on top of it. The art is chosen and manipulated to fit the site as best as it can (Thanks Scruffy), some pictures do make the white menu text hard to see, however all the menu items are also available in the waypoints menu on the left.

I am the director who looks after the web site, if you have ideas, please email me directly at my username at bcgeocaching.com, I'd be glad to hear them. Be aware that the site is built on a CMS system that does not have total flexibility in changes.

Mail form: Phone number? Can you tell me what page (how you got to this item). The only place I know of a phone number is on the registration screen. Please tell me more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Website Questions
Page 1 of 1