CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Anyone else have caches not showing up?
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Revelstoke
Revelstoke:  [?] . Carved Grizzlies frame a town square in Revelstoke. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Anyone else have caches not showing up?
toplefttopfilltopright
Anyone else have caches not showing up?
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grafinator

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Anyone else have caches not showing up? Reply with quote

I have a question for all the programmers out there.
I am curious if anyone could explain to me how some of my new caches for the Blitz are showing up as published to other geocachers, but when I log into geocaching.com, my caches are still listed as not published?

I am logged in right now excited to get out caching for the Blitz but I have no new caches showing up, meanwhile other people have already found multiple FTF's tonight.

I'm just curious, because this makes no sense to me.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone else have caches not showing up? Reply with quote

LOL Jeff was just messing with you. We didn't get any FTF's and none of the blitz caches have been published yet. Jeff just found an exploit on gc.com which allows you to see the name of unpublished caches, but you can't actually see the whole cache page. He has reported the exploit to TPTB.
Tulameen_Turtles

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone else have caches not showing up? Reply with quote

Well there is the one in Prince George already published - perhaps he's waiting to see how many are half way there before publishing the rest..lol Do I hear road trip..
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone else have caches not showing up? Reply with quote

Two caches were accidently published by MTNMAN. they have since been disabled by the owner. There as been no 'wave' of new caches yet.

or

Those are the only two people participating! Wink

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone else have caches not showing up? Reply with quote

Oh Oh.. its 6:43.. and here they come!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone else have caches not showing up? Reply with quote

Hey what about the north shore? Didn't anybody hide some there? We didn' thave time to hide any as we am just new the BCGA. But just wait to next year!!!!!! Maybe we will try and get one out in the next few days. We know of a great location that needs one. Bill the Cat
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone else have caches not showing up? Reply with quote

The cache alert only goes so far back in time to find new caches (news in bc page). If a cache was placed a long time ago, and waiting for the blitz to start, ti may not be picked up automatically.

But have no fear, just send an email to the bcga or put a note in this forumn to have you cache listed as a blitz cache.,

Also, if you did not put B09: in front of your name it will not be found. If you changed you name to add B09: and we already have your cache, it will not be listed as a blitz cache. Again let someone know.

Finally,
I listed a cache in N.Van. But it is a whereIGo cache.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone else have caches not showing up? Reply with quote

_canadianbacon_ wrote:
Two caches were accidently published by MTNMAN. they have since been disabled by the owner. There as been no 'wave' of new caches yet.

or

I did? Dangit. Smack
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone else have caches not showing up? Reply with quote

With over 80 caches published within the first 12 hours of the Blitz I don't think that one or two caches is a big deal. You did a great job, mtn-man, as usual, putting up with the crazed and colourful people of BC.
Mach2003dead

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else have caches not showing up? Reply with quote

mtn-man wrote:
_canadianbacon_ wrote:

or

I did? Dangit. Smack

The two caches were not actually published early per se', they had no reviewer note to hold them back, only the B09: was inserted into the name (i don't even know when the name was set), and one was an earthcache, so not your doing either. Another perfect release from you, thank you very much for the effort mtn-man!
Mach2003dead

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else have caches not showing up? Reply with quote

I have used the GC.com search function and all caches that have a B09: at the beggining of the name are properly recorded in the biltz list, no matter when they were placed. I have also checked all recently published caches to see if the Vote link was inserted, and the B09 missing (none were found).

If there are caches that are intended to be included, and are not, then both the vote link and the B09: are missing. Email me at (my username <== over there) at bcgeocaching.com and I will fix em up.
grafinator

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else have caches not showing up? Reply with quote

Looks like the joke was on me.

Anyone want some BBQ'd curnew for dinner?

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else have caches not showing up? Reply with quote

grafinator wrote:

We could do a spitfire and roast Mr. Curnew over a fire all day, maybe stick an apple in his mouth just to stop his screaming in pain. LOL
Maybe prepare him for a Blitz Final Event BBQ. I ended up having the joke on me as well, Graf and I were fuming, more so him.
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else have caches not showing up? Reply with quote

grafinator wrote:

I'll gladly help in the cooking of curnew. We got rid of one set of FTF'ers we need to get rid of another muuuh haaa haaa ha!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1