CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» BCGA 2009 Geocoin
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Lotusland Lotus
Lotusland Lotus:  [?] . Butchart Gardens [M | C]  Minter Gardens [M | C]  Sun Yat-Sun [M | C]  VanDusen [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» BCGA 2009 Geocoin
toplefttopfilltopright
BCGA 2009 Geocoin
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
911turbos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

landsharkz wrote:
Hey, I'll reply! Sorry I've been away for a week and a bit. About the coin, we are expecting them in as few as three weeks from now... but they are a complex coin and could take a week or even two longer than normal. The pre-sale period was extended a bit, but the production order is in now.

BTW, I remember the discussion about the coin with the kayak on the beach too... Although discussed on the BCGA forums a number of years ago, that one never was a BCGA coin. That art was prepared by me and became the 2006 BC geocoin.

Chris,

I didn't think pre-sales had closed yet? It is still good to hear that the coin is in production, though. Do you have an updated pic of the members only coin?

Irene
landsharkz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

Sorry for any confusion. No Change in the pre-sales, but we have estimated a number and got the production run started to minimize the time delay... which has been long enough already. There will be enough for anyone that orders prior to the pre-order cut-off date... we will likely have a few after that.

As for an updated pic of the member's only coin, there is no photo... we were going to have a set of samples made of the production versions, but the mint messed up and didn't do it. We will have pre-production photos (photos of the production version (kind of like a sample) prior to them completing the whole batch. The changes from the sample version are: brushed black nickel instead of regular black nickel, bright white in the raven details, bolder Groundspeak colours.

Chris
911turbos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

What was the final number of coins minted in each finish?
boomerangpapa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

911turbos wrote:
What was the final number of coins minted in each finish?

There will be 400 Regular Antique Copper coins and 300 BCGA Member Brushed Black Nickel coins.
911turbos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

Wow, that is a lot of coins. I know last year we ordered an additional 70 coins (mostly regular edition) in case orders were lost and to use for prizes. How many coins of each edition were actually sold and how many are being kept by the BCGA?
HighMaintenance

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

Please rest assured that this year's very capable executive responded in favour to the coin committees recommendation of how many coins to buy based on past year's activities and this year's sales.
HwyGuy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

Please rest assured the this years very ignored membership was just asking how many were sold in each edition last year. We didn't need attitude - we just requested an answer.
LordEd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

Now, now children, play nice...

Please rest assured that this years' indifferent lunatics will simply be happy to receive our coins and continue to hunt tupperware in the woods.

Personally, I prefer last years' coin (have one in Austria gathering complements right now), but that didn't stop me from grabbing a few of this year's coins.
goaliegirl38

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

Last years order was 475 regular coins and 250 members only coins, 70 extra coins ordered.

This years order is slightly smaller (25 coins). There have been 474 coins ordered online so far, and a rather daunting stack of mail that has accumulated during my week away that is addressed to the BCGA, so more orders are included there.

A decision was made to order extra coins to be used as prizes and event donations. There has been a great deal of hard work behind the scenes soliciting donations from various geocaching vendors of which there are limited numbers. This will allow us to compliment the donated swag with some of our own and spread the donated swag throughout the years events.
911turbos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

Just wondering if there was any news on the delivery date for the coins?

Thanks!
Mrs_Landsharkz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

911turbos wrote:

Thanks!

God willing, they are due to depart Hong Kong on August 3rd.
doingitoldschool

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

Mrs_Landsharkz wrote:
911turbos wrote:

Thanks!

So THAT's who helps you guys make the coolest coins Smile
Mrs_Landsharkz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

doingitoldschool wrote:
Mrs_Landsharkz wrote:
911turbos wrote:

Thanks!

So THAT's who helps you guys make the coolest coins Smile

I regret to announce that my 'contact upstairs' has fallen down on his shift... Wink - the coins did not ship on the 3rd as anticipated a couple of weeks ago. I have just received that shipment and they were not in it!

The reason given is that it's a complex coin to create with the translucent section and then all the assembly of the sections. Now that they're in the 'thick of it' the new date is August 13th. We have a lot of product shipping on this date but we have asked them to please 'improve' this date on the BCGA coin... without affecting quality of course.

DIOS, feel free to put in a good word for us Very Happy .
cartguy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

Wow maybe we should change it to the 2010 coin Jester
Mrs_Landsharkz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

The BCGA 2009 Razz coins have shipped from the factory and will be in the hands of the BCGA shortly after we receive them and give them the 'once-over' here. We did manage to gain a couple or three days on their revised shipping date, so things are looking up!
911turbos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

Any update? Would love to see pics of the members only coin.

Thanks!
boomerangpapa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

The coins will be shipped out late this week!
Here are the final pics!

BCGA MEMBER ONLY EDITION

CLASSIC EDITION
Chilcotinsam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

Im having a problem activating my new coins that I just got in the mail today. I wonder why that is. Anyone else having a problem? Maybe I will need to just keep them as unactivated collectors?!
Mrs_Landsharkz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

Chilcotinsam could you be more specific please, so I can figure out where the 'fix' is needed? Are the tracking numbers not being recognized on geocaching.com?
HwyGuy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

For those of us who chose to pick the coins up in the Lower Mainland - what is the procedure and where?

Thanks
Chilcotinsam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

On the slip inside the coin package it says to activate the coin at www.bcgeocaching.com/activate so I tried that. Apparently it is supposed to provide you with an activation code in addition to the tracking number on the coin right? But when I tried this for both coins I have it says...does not exist and could not be processed. I tried each a couple of times because I thought perhaps I was typing it incorrectly. So I am not sure what the problem is. I am pretty sure I have the right page to activate the coins. You don't activate them on geocaching.com but here on the BCGA right? Anyways I really like them both and can't decide which to keep...maybe I will keep them both but I did want to activate them so that others can discover them. So any further advice would be appreciated.
Chilcotinsam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

Maybe the activation page isn't set up properly yet because it still says BCGA 2008 coin activation...and this coin is 2009...could that be the problem?
cartguy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

How do we pick up our coins? WHEN can we pick our coins?
Technic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

Just wondering why this year's coin doesn't have the year (2009) printed on it.
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

I see 2009 in the G in the BCGA within the dogwood.
Catapult Jeff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

Quote::
Maybe the activation page isn't set up properly yet because it still says BCGA 2008 coin activation...and this coin is 2009...could that be the problem?

The answer is simple. I haven't put the codes up on the page yet as I just received them when I picked up my email on my return from a nice roadtrip. I will try to figure out how to put them on the page tonight BUT if I can't the BCGA webtechie is on a cruise so we all might need to wait until he gets back.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

Good news. Canadian Bacon just got back from his cruise. I think he just walked in the door. This is good because I couldn't figure out how to get those codes up on the website. He hopes to find time tonight but needs to put food in the house first. So thank you Mr Canadian Bacon.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

Okay sounds good, I will be patient.
cartguy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

I can wait to activate my coins but would like to recieve my coins!!!!!!!!!!!!! Confused
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

Codes are now active on BCGA.
Coin Activation Page

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

Can't wait to get our coins. They look fantastic and will be hard to let go into the geocaching world. Just might have to save them for an overseas drop.

Gecko

geocachinggecko.blogspot.com/
HighMaintenance

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

For those of you that have ordered coins and asked for them to be shipped, they are on their way! Anyone that has asked for pickup in Maple Ridge, please contact me at highmaintenance @ shaw.ca to let me know when you will be in the area. I plan on attending the next couple of local (Surrey/Chilliwack) events and could certainly bring your coins with me. Just let me know what works best for you. Thanks for your patience!
Technic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
I see 2009 in the G in the BCGA within the dogwood.

Thanks, scruffster, I geocache the same way, blind as a bat.

I got the coins, and got the activation codes for them. Thanks again. BTW, I am to assume that anything that resembles a zero or an OH or a completed circle in the activation code is to be taken as a Zero as in the GCXXXXXX cache listings number?
wildbeanz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

A huge thanks to the behind the scenes crew for the coins.
911turbos and a group of us did it last two years so we know how much work it is ordering, sorting, packing, addressing, double checking numbers and finishes, and mailing and then of course all the pick up work. Also thanks to Bacon boy and Catapult for the computer work on the activation codes and of course the design work. All in all a big thanks for a nice coin !
vanislelady

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

Received my coins today.. I just want to say... THEY ARE AWESOME!!..Good work all..
doingitoldschool

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

Lori and I are both really impressed with our coin - thanks for all the hard work!
vnm747

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

Got mine today and they are very cool. Thanks everybody.
dloubert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

Me too, Thanks! Beanie
trimguy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

I ordered two coins back in June?? and then simply forgot about them. Early this week a small package arrives in the mail. I was a little confused because I did not recognize the return address.

What I found inside were two coins that just blew me away. They are simply outstanding!! Hats off to all involved in the creation of this years coins. Sorry folks.....you won't find mine in caches. They are keepers.

Thanks.
cartguy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA 2009 Geocoin Reply with quote

Picked mine up today thanks HM for the arrangments. I must say they were well worth the wait awsome job to all who had a hand in it. Trophy Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 2 of 3