CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Regional —» Fraser Valley —» Hello
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
The Giant Hulks of Powell River
The Giant Hulks of Powell River:  [?] . The Powell River Pulp and Paper Company built an unusual breakwater by anchoring a chain of decomissioned war ships. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Regional —» Fraser Valley —» Hello
toplefttopfilltopright
Hello

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Fraser Valley

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bcmtngrl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

HI all, I am completely new to this! I havent even bought my gps yet. (other than the one attached to the boat). So, Im a 37 year old mom to three year old twin girls and a 14 year old active husky. We spend everday outdoors and my girls love treasurehunting so I thought this would be a perfect way to get us out and about with a bit of direction. If anyone feels like sharing some tips and tools of the hobby I would love to hear them. Thanks to all for being here and I hope to make this a new family love!
goinggone

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Hello Reply with quote

Welcome, welcome, welcome. You have embarked,or soon will, on an outdoor adventure that only keeps getting better and better. You will find that any excuse is a good one for going caching. Your kids will love it and always be wondering where are we going next. You will need a handheld gps to find alot of the caches, we have a Garmin 60CSx, which seems do an excellent job. Others out there will have others they like, but I will let them tell you about them. Have fun and Happy Caching!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello Reply with quote

hello there and welcome. Another way to get into the groove is to attend an event and talk to other geocachers. We have one coming up in Abbotsford. Come on by if you can and we will fill you in. Bring the kids there will be other there to keep them busy.

Click here for the info:

www.geocaching.com/see...d8410a6397
Bestred

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Hello Reply with quote

I am TESKELLY's wife and a SAHM so if you are in the mood some time during the day, let me know and we can set something up and I can take you out.
We have two young children and a 5 yr old dog who is very energetic and loves meeting new friends (animal and human alike)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Fraser Valley
Page 1 of 1