CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BCGA —» Website Questions —» BCGA Members and Web Accounts
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Atlin Lake
Atlin Lake:  [?] . Snow Caves of Atlin Lake [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» BCGA —» Website Questions —» BCGA Members and Web Accounts
toplefttopfilltopright
BCGA Members and Web Accounts
Questions, comments and suggestions about this website? Post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Website Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
landsharkz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Dominion Astrophysical Observatory Reply with quote

Yes, now that Chris is the 'Pres' I have to be careful and sign my posts so folks don't mistake my 'stuff' for his 'stuff' which could be viewed as 'important' Wink . We're thinking I should have my own account for a year - maybe I should ask him to design me a 'Mrs Landsharkz' avatar... any ideas?
Gecko Cacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Dominion Astrophysical Observatory Reply with quote

Idea How about adding "Mrs" before the Land and change the colors of the Sharkz. That way the basic logo remains the same.

Just a thought

RCTP

geocachinggecko.blogspot.com/
hollyburn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Dominion Astrophysical Observatory Reply with quote

Just a tad off the original topic but I thought that BCGA being a society has one person per membership.
landsharkz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Dominion Astrophysical Observatory Reply with quote

I think I understand your question... The BCGA as a non-profit society does have one person per membership. 'Landsharkz' isn't a voting member of the BCGA - it is a family geocaching handle that is signed onto the website. Chris Edley is a voting member and I am also a voting member. We are the people behind our original Landsharkz account.
Helen
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Dominion Astrophysical Observatory Reply with quote

It is 1 person = 1 society membership.
On the website it's not so picky, and Mrs. Shark is welcome to create a new user. Some accounts have two names on the 'real name' part which you would not see.

I think we need a 'name mrs. sharkz' contest! Wink

Last edited by _canadianbacon_ on Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Dominion Astrophysical Observatory Reply with quote

There are a lot of couples/teams that share one geocaching.com handle but have multiple BCGA memberships. I've never had a problem with individuals in the team registering a seperate handle to use the forums. Not everyone in a team is of the same mind and it can seem like a person is contradicting him/herself when multiple people use the same handle. On other forums I've seen handles like (insert real name) of (insert geocaching handle). Or Mr (insert geocaching handle) and Ms (insert geocaching handle).

I don't know how Mr. and Ms 911Turbos solved the problem. But they are pretty much in synch anyway.

Some couples have their own handles altogether. TESKELLY and BestRed for one. Iron Maiden set up her own account. She doesn't have to be called Mrs CatapultJeff anymore.
landsharkz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Dominion Astrophysical Observatory Reply with quote

Here's a minor dilemma that my own account will resolve...

True story...
I read the forums during the morning, so I see all the little orange flags for new topics/responses. When Chris logs on later all the forums show as 'read' so he can't see what is 'new' and 'unread' any longer. Early bird gets the easy read Laughing . He logs on later and has to check all the dates to see what is 'new'. The other day he actually asked me (very sweetly Wink ) not to look at the BCGA new messages before he logged on, so he didn't have to go searching by date... can you believe it Shocked ?! That was the last straw Laughing .
Helen of Landsharkz
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Dominion Astrophysical Observatory Reply with quote

landsharkz wrote:
Here's a minor dilemma that my own account will resolve...

True story...
I read the forums during the morning, so I see all the little orange flags for new topics/responses. When Chris logs on later all the forums show as 'read' so he can't see what is 'new' and 'unread' any longer. Early bird gets the easy read Laughing . He logs on later and has to check all the dates to see what is 'new'. The other day he actually asked me (very sweetly Wink ) not to look at the BCGA new messages before he logged on, so he didn't have to go searching by date... can you believe it Shocked ?! That was the last straw Laughing .
Helen of Landsharkz

LMAO that is why We are seperate. Bestred just hates sharing Very Happy
Bestred

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA Members and Web Accounts Reply with quote

Hey!
Depends on what I have to share, but really, l have my own opinions and don't always agree with Kelly so it is good that we have our own seperate handles. lol

So Mrs. L...any idea of the new name?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: BCGA Members and Web Accounts Reply with quote

Bestred wrote:

So Mrs. L...any idea of the new name?

I believe she has already made up a new site membership under this moniker
www.bcgeocaching.com/i...ofile=2281

You will notice that a Mrs has been added to the Avatar along with a different colour scheme.... Laughing

It's way kewl..... I hope they keep their respective passwords secret from each other... LOL Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA Members and Web Accounts Reply with quote

Our off-topic discussion got its own thread! That was a surprise this morning to see I'd started a new topic and had 9 replies already Shocked Laughing .

Yep, on close inspection you'll see I've got Groundspeak colours and added Mrs.
I don't think we can make it into a coin though... Wink
Bestred

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: BCGA Members and Web Accounts Reply with quote

LOL @ who your intrest is Mrs. Landsharkz Laughing
Love the new colours and congrats on the new name...hee hee

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Website Questions
Page 1 of 1