CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BCGA —» Website Questions —» Google Chrome - A new browser
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Coin Sales  
Ghost Towns
Ghost Towns:  [?] . Hedely [M | C]  Anyox [M | C]  Bradian [M | C]  Butedale [M | C]  Sandon [M | C]  Cody [M | C]  Kitsault [M | C]  Moyie [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» BCGA —» Website Questions —» Google Chrome - A new browser
toplefttopfilltopright
Google Chrome - A new browser
Questions, comments and suggestions about this website? Post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Website Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
geodug

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Google Chrome - A new browser Reply with quote

I downloaded the new Google Chrome browser yesterday. So far, I really like it. It looks nice and clean, takes up less screen space for menus etc, and it seems to be faster than Firefox or Internet Explorer.

However, it does not like BCGA giving me an error message like:

Unknown user-agent
You are banned from this site due to a unknown user-agent.

Any chance of making this work soon?
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Google Chrome - A new browser Reply with quote

Sorry to say, don' t expect it to work here for a long time.
The user agent code in CPG-Nuke is the most convoluted hard to understand P.O.S. in the software, and I'd just assume to have someone else figure it out and post and update, as I will not even attempt it.

I can't even get Safari on OSX to work, and thats not un-common.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Google Chrome - A new browser Reply with quote

I updated the user agent file from the Software Repository, and Safari/MAC now works.

Have to wait and see when Chrome gets added., I'll keep an eye on the repository and CPGNuke forums to see when thats done, and update our site after that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Google Chrome - A new browser Reply with quote

Google Chrome : www.google.com/chrome now works on bcga.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Chrome - A new browser Reply with quote

Hey CB, that was fast.

I have to admit I am liking Chrome more and more. I just discovered that it handles memory much better than Internet Explorer. When using muitiple tabs with IE I would find out it was using 300 MB of memory or so just for itself. Deleting tabs would not always release the memory and it would still use 300 MB.

With Chrome, you can see how much memory each tab is using and when you delete a tab, all the memory is released belonging to the tab.

Of course, if I had my mitts on 911turbos new browser, I might like that one just as much. I am still waiting for it's official launch (tap, tap, tap...)
MrGigabyte

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Chrome - A new browser Reply with quote

_canadianbacon_ wrote:
I updated the user agent file from the Software Repository, and Safari/MAC now works.

Any chance of updating the UA file such that Safari/iPhone will work?

Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Website Questions
Page 1 of 1