CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» Milestones —» Milestones not showing on BCGA
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Haida Gwaii
Haida Gwaii:  [?] . The first nations name for the Queen Charlotte Islands and the homelands of the Haida people. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» Milestones —» Milestones not showing on BCGA
toplefttopfilltopright
Milestones not showing on BCGA
Here you can post your milestones or congratulate your friends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Milestones

View previous topic :: View next topic  
d-onion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Milestones not showing on BCGA Reply with quote

Anyone know why my milestones aren't showing up on BCGA and why I'm not even ranked in the BC rankings? I just hit 900 last week.

My location does say Vancouver, BC in my gc.com profile.
911turbos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Milestones not showing on BCGA Reply with quote

The BC Rankings is pulled from the cacherstats website. It monitors certain caches to find cachers and their stats. If you haven't found one of those caches, you will not be on the list. There is information in the FAQ on their website on which caches are monitored and what you can do if you are not on the list. This list is also only updated twice a week.

Cacherstats

The BCGA website also monitors all the caches in BC but it takes about 4 days to go through all the caches, so it will pick up your milestone eventually.

Also we have the ability to manually add your milestone, so if anyone thinks one has been missed they can email us and we will update it.
d-onion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Milestones not showing on BCGA Reply with quote

Thanks for explaining how it works. I've emailed them to see if they can include me. I did find the monitored caches a while ago.
d-onion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Milestones not showing on BCGA Reply with quote

I'm now in the BC Rankings Very Happy

They responded to my email same day and have already updated the stats. I'm impressed.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Milestones not showing on BCGA Reply with quote

We also monitor cachers we have determined are in BC (which is not always 100 accurate). It takes about 3.5 days to cycle through all cachers and update stats.

You did get picked up.

www.bcgeocaching.com/i...e=Rankings

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Milestones
Page 1 of 1