CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» BC 2008 Geocoin Poker Challenge
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Hoodoo's
Hoodoo's:  [?] . Located in many areas, some fine examples of HooDoo's can be found near Dutch Creek. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» BC 2008 Geocoin Poker Challenge
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
BC 2008 Geocoin Poker Challenge
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gearhedd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: BC 2008 Geocoin Poker Challenge Reply with quote

Info for poker is at GC18BM6 not published

Nov 15th Saturday 8:30pm start....., No-Limit Texas Hold'em Poker using a unactivated geocoin as a entry fee, for a chance to win a bunch.
So tune up your poker skills.

Revised: was not able to publish do to the fact that it was not open to all geocachers. Not family friendly or the interests of all geocachers. Mtn-Man had me appeal to groundspeak and they said for the reason above that it could not be published but that I could have poker after an event just not part of the event.

So I'm still going to have poker it will just not be listed and you will not receive a find and I will not receive a hide. I will set up a meet and greet earlier.
hollyburn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: BC 2008 Geocoin Poker Challenge Reply with quote

Of course we can't see GC18BM6 since it hasn't been published. I'm wondering what the difference between this and a poker run is?
gearhedd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: BC 2008 Geocoin Poker Challenge Reply with quote

I think you should be able to look at the cache page if you enter the GC# when searching for a cache.

but in short
This is No Limit Poker....sitting around a few tables playing poker with an equal amount of poker chips to start and winner or winners get a few geocoins. Poker Entry Fee is one unactivated geocoin.
boomerangpapa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: BC 2008 Geocoin Poker Challenge Reply with quote

It's too bad but a cache that is not published can only be viewed by the "hider" and the reviewer (if the check box is checked). This would be a fun event to go to!
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: BC 2008 Geocoin Poker Challenge Reply with quote

hollyburn wrote:
Of course we can't see GC18BM6 since it hasn't been published. I'm wondering what the difference between this and a poker run is?

A poker run is geocaching to find poker cards. Gearhead want to actually play poker at a table not geocaching.
gearhedd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: BC 2008 Geocoin Poker Challenge Reply with quote

What: No-Limit Texas Poker Tournament
Where: Gearhedd's house at about coordinates, 1109 252nd, go down 10th off 248th
When: Nov 15th Saturday 2008
Time: 8:30-till end
Entry Cost: one unactivated geocoin
Number of Players: 24
Required Age: 19+ to gamble in BC
Food: Snacks and Pop provided but BYOB
Prizes: coins for top 3-4, trophy for winner and door prizes
(any prize donation would be appreciated)

More things to know:
1) Please post number of entries and each caching name playing
2) You can purchase a 2008 Poker Challenge Geocoin coin for $8 cost if you want something to commemorate the event or just add to your collection just post a note ASAP at The Geocoin Store.
3) I will order an entry coin on your behalf for $10 but would need to know ASAP
6) Please bring an intersting coin, and no personnal coins unless it's your own personnal coin. This way we get a good range of coins for the winners and no duplicates
7) Please show up on time, we will start soon after 7pm but need some set-up time, we will post the blinds of those that are late
Cool There is parking for 8 or more cars on the east side of house and 4 more on south side and extra parking west of house down 11th ave
9) Any snacks/food or prizes are welcome as a donation
10) Smoking will be allow in carport and on deck
11) Starting chips: 2000 value in chips
New Blinds Every 15mins
50/100, 100/200, 150/300, 200/400 8min break
250/500, 300/600, 400/800, 500/1000 8min break
1000/2000, 1500/3000, 2000/4000, 2500/5000
12)Pay Out:rough idea
24 --- entries
1st - 12 coins
2nd - 8 coins
3rd - 4 coins

13)Seating will be drawn at random. 3-4 tables of eight players. When players get knocked out, tables will be evened out when short two players compared to the other tables, when the blinds end the time will be paused to move one player, the person knocked out will leave a marker determining which player moves according the location of the button. Table 1 moves to table 2 and 3 and 4 then back to 1.
14)A miss deal, if one card is flipped over while dealing that cards becomes the first burn card and another card is dealt to that player at the end, if two cards are miss dealt then it will be all redealt.
15)Will have a tournament director to over see the event, they may play but will not have any ruling in a dispute that they are involved in.
16)Need to know how to play poker watch Daniel show you the basics on Youtube.
MaliBooBoo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: BC 2008 Geocoin Poker Challenge Reply with quote

gearhedd:

Is the date set in stone? I think I am planning to be down in the LM the following weekend (the 22nd) and the idea of playing poker with a bunch of cachers sounds like alot of fun.
grafinator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: BC 2008 Geocoin Poker Challenge Reply with quote

I'm curious why this was not approved, but there was a poker tournament going on during GW VI at the event. Interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: BC 2008 Geocoin Poker Challenge Reply with quote

The date is set, as Nov 15th after my Meet and Greet Event "Gearhedds Open House GC1GWWN" you can come to the event and let me know if you plan on playing some poker after.

Sorry MaliBooBoo that the date does not work.

The poker at Geowoodstock was not an event on its own only a side attraction which needed no approval. So I'm fine with that. If BC ever gets a MEGA EVENT here I would love the Geocoin Poker Challenge Tour to make a stop at our event. They have four or five stops in the states at Mega Events. There is a link at The Geocoin Store just click on the 2008 Poker Challenge Coin. They have 45 entries, they have a random draw out of anyone that is interested to play at the Mega Event. Those that are lucky to play have to enter 3 unactivated coins +$10. Winner gets alot of coin. And everyone get a poker coin, the poker chips are poker coins that are used at all the events. My two favorite "sports" geocaching and poker.

E
Bestred

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: BC 2008 Geocoin Poker Challenge Reply with quote

You can count TESKELLY and I in
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1